BBB Accredited Business since 10/17/2001

Rocky's Collision Center, Inc.

07/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The service to repairing my truck was shabby and very unprofessional. The Manager shouldn't get offended by getting caught not doing your job.
After someone backed into rear door on my Suzuki (truck), Progressive Insurance Co.was their carrier. Rocky's Collision Center is one of Progressive's authorized repair shops. My truck was still operable so I was scheduled into Rocky's on the morning of 24th June at 9:00 am. Rocky's called me on 25 June informing me about the cost of damages totaling $2,300 and also stating that the truck would be ready on July 3rd. I called the repair shop on 2nd July and spoke with ******* at the front office who told me that the truck might be ready by that afternoon but she would call and let me know. ******* called my at 4:30 pm to let me know that my vehicle was ready and the shop closed at 5:00 pm. I wasn't able to get there on the 2nd of July, but I would able to get there on the following morning. ******* was inside and gave me the bill as I waited for ***** (the detailer) pulled the truck around. I noticed 2 different shades of the color grey on the front passenger **** and the rear door. After ***** parked my truck, I begin to ask him about the 2 different shades of grey on my vehicle this is when ******* came outside to find out what the problem was. ******* says let me see who was working on your truck. I asked to speak with the manager. The Service Manager (**** *********** came out to where the vehicle was and I began to explain to him the 2 different colors of gray on my vehicle, (asking why is it 2 different shades of color). He (the Svc Mngr.) proceeds to tell me how they had cleaned up the scratches on the front door and smoothed it out; he noticed the 2 different shades of gray. His exact words were " I thought it was ready because it was smooth and we never pulled it outside to see if it matched but we will fix it" and also stated that it probably won't be ready today. we won't rush this and we'll shoot for Monday. Since we will be closed for the 4th & 5th (July) so plan on Monday for pick up. On the 3th July, ******* called me at 4:40 pm and informed me that the truck was ready to be picked up (again). I was tied up again and would not be able to get the vehicle that day and that it would be Monday the 7th before I could get there to pick it up. I arrived at 8:05 am and I see my truck sitting in the grass in front of the building with sanding soot (dust from sanding) all over the passenger side, there was a roll of pinstripe tape on the roof of my vehicle, and the back door handle was sticking out, because it was loose (after I touched it). I went inside to discuss the problems again with *******, asking why was there dust (from sanding) left all over the passenger side . ******* passed ** the keys and escorted me outside to see my dilemma. I opened the door I'm my truck to find the dash board of my vehicle full of sanding dust particles (which meant my windows were down while they corrected the color pattern on my doors) which filled my cabin filter inside the truck with paint fumes and dust particles. Everytime I turn on my air conditioner I can smell it though the vent. The rear door handle that was loose, I found did not have the spring in it, the way the three other doors were. ******* explained that they had to take the handle off to correct the door. I then explained to her that the handle didn't get hit, all the damage was below the handle. ******* returned to her desk and ***** came back and offered to re-wash and armor the inside of my vehicle, so I accepted the offer even though (someone was negligent in cleaning up my vehicle properly). The truck was returned to me at 9:36 am and the Service Manager, **** never came to say anything to me. This business had my truck for 13 days and the service they provided me with, I rate as very poor. None of the individuals involved were professional and I would not recommend their business to anyone that I know. I feel that Progressive Insurance needs a better business plan for auto collision paint and body because Rocky's Collision Center is lacking in

Replacement of my cabin and air filter on my Suzuki grand Vitara, due to there neglect of getting even with me complaining of the two shades of grey they tried to leave me on my paint job

The concerns on the Suzuki were accurate as stated and were addressed promptly. To address the desired resolution is as follows. The shop has no problem replacing the cabin air filter on the vehicle. Our facility does take pride in our quality of repairs and service and we apologize that that was not the case here. I would like to note the reason for me not coming out to speak with the customer during the Monday morning July 7,2014 is due to the fact that I was not at the shop. I was returning from out of town where I was dealing with vehicle troubles myself. I did hear about all that took place that morning and that my staff addressed the concerns once again and that the customer was very pleased with the way my detailer ***** quickly responded to the dust inside the vehicle. This type of situation is something I take very serious and does not reflect what type of repair facility we have. To finalize the response to this matter I would like to offer a complete detail to the Suzuki with the customers acceptance of my offer and what fits the customers schedule.

02/06/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I have lost all confidence in anything told to me by the manager. Numerous deadlines have been missed, and I have to initiate every phone call.
On August 7, 2014 I went to business with my motorcycle to get an estimate for a paint job. The quote was too expensive, so I asked about only the fairing that holds the windscreen. The manager ****** gave me a quote of $100. It needed graphics under the paint that we discussed, and he agreed to paint, install graphics, and clear-coat for that price, if I supplied the graphics. I agreed.
September 2, 2014 I took the graphics, fairing, and my front fender to them and asked ****** to give me an estimate. The fender required very little prep work for paint and was approx. the same size as the fairing. I told him if it was the same amount as the fairing to just go ahead and do it. ****** informed me he had a machine that could tell him the exact amount of paint required & the cost and let me know how much extra it would be. I said ok, just give me a call to let me know. ****** informed me his guys were caught up and I should know something by the end of the week.
October 17, 2014 I finally got a call from ****** to inform me my parts were ready for pickup and the charges due were $360. I was set-back just a little since it had been 6 weeks with no phone call estimate and then to be told the job was completed without my approval. My friend had been in a life threatening accident and was in the hospital. I was visiting often and didn't have time to deal with Rocky's for a couple of weeks.
November 7, 2014 I went by Rocky's and needless to say was not happy. After inspecting the parts, I told ****** we have to talk because I'm not happy with the the quality of work or how things happened. I admit, I did say a few words that were not appropriate, and ****** got upset too. I asked him, would you accept this? He admitted no he wouldn't on the fairing. I was ok with the fender, just not with the fairing. ****** told me to just "take them". After some discussion, I found out the employee who worked on my parts was "let go". I told ****** that was not my problem and he needed to make it right. I was willing to pay for what I had agreed to ($100. for fairing, + $100. for fender) for a total of $200. to cover some of his expenses, but I wanted the fairing to be painted correctly to my satisfaction since I had been waiting so long. He agreed to supply the new graphics and repaint the fairing. We shook hands and he said to give him a few weeks. I said to call me to keep me informed.
December 8, 2014 I called ******, who informed me that the graphics are not ready because the graphics company was behind because the Snowball Derby auto car race was in town and they were busy doing those graphics.
January 22,2015 I called ****** and he informs me the graphics are ready and he was going to pick the up? The fairing should be ready by Monday January 26, 2014.
I am still waiting.....
I have lost all confidence in this place.

I want my fairing to be painted to my satisfaction with the proper graphics put on them and everything to be clear-coated like we had originally discussed.
It shouldn't take 7 months to paint something no bigger than a bread box.

All information is accurate by customer. We had a hard time with the clear coat lifting the decal on fairing. Redone fairing with new decals and clear bubbled the decals again. Customer still unhappy with outcome and chose to just take the fairing. I offered to redo the fairing again customer stated he did not want to wait any longer. Our shop has done many of these types of repairs involving vinyl decals or lettering unfortunately the outcome was not what was to be expected on this repair. I apologize for the customers experience as well as the out come of the final product. This is not our standard practice we value our quality of service and workmanship sadly it did not reflect in this case.

I am not happy with the final product. The manager stated he has done many of these types of jobs, but it seems he and his crew can't get mine right for some unknown reason. I find that hard to believe, and unprofessional. If I accept his response the BBB states that I am perfectly happy with the outcome of the job they have performed, and consider the matter closed.
Well, I'm not happy and I will never do that!
I am not unreasonable, and I have been very, very patient dealing with this company, I am just tired of hearing excuses for incompetence. So I took my part with me instead of leaving it there. I think every person has their limits and I have reached mine after dealing with this company for many, many months. I everyone to to see what they are getting into with this company.

I agree with the customer that this should not be closed if they are not happy with the end result. I also agree that we've had the customers part for a long time. I have done some searching on why the decal is lifting and found that my tech was using a solvent to apply the decal and is more than likely trapping solvent under decal and causing it to lift. The decal needs to be put on dry and then clear over the part. I would like another attempt to correct this concern and will have my techs promptly address this matter this is the customers desired resolution.

After watching the graphic continue to bubble up overnight, I have reconsidered that the only way I am going to somewhat happy is with a full refund of the money I have paid to Rocky's Collision Center, Inc..
I am not going to return my item back to them. I will drop the matter if I am refunded my money, because I am going to have to pay some other business to do what they couldn't do.
Rocky's can write me a check for $ 200.00 and I will be done with this matter and close this case.

Auto Body Repair & Painting