Better Business Bureau Northwest is currently seeking a Marketplace Director for Oregon. This position is responsible for professionally and efficiently foster the development of BBB’s presence in assigned BBB Northwest territory through various engagement activities. Responsibilities include strong PR/media relations, the creation and implementation of events (both hosted and sponsored), and all facets of proactive community support. Position will require regular travel including evenings and weekends.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Community Development - includes support of community members, businesses, and Accredited Businesses
- Act as the liaison between BBB and community organizations, military installations, seniors and young consumers
- Point of contact for PR/media in assigned territory; build and maintain relationships with media and create engaging, relevant content for traditional media including performing interviews, generating timely content and pitching stories
- Manage individual social media accounts including Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Responsible for generating sponsorships and BBB community partners
- Research and establish opportunities for networking, focus groups and community interactions such as educational forums, tip programs, presentation opportunities, etc.
- Provide face to face welcome and delivery of New Accredited Business packets
- Visit Accredited Businesses on a rotating basis in assigned territory
- Maintain membership in local community organizations and provide regular attendance at their functions, e.g. Chambers, civic and philanthropic clubs, service organizations
- Manage regional events including Secure Your ID Day, Accredited Business Orientation, Business of the Year, and other events as assigned
- Manage and track event expenses; ensure relevant? budgets are managed
- Coordinate tradeshows, seminars, webinars, presentations or workshops for clients
- Manage BBB marketing materials – specifically swag and collateral used at events and giveaways hosted and attended in assigned territory
BBB Internal Department Support
- Assist other Marketplace Team members with outreach and event planning needs
- Share activity schedule, media interactions and related content with team
- Write articles and gather content for articles related to business and community happenings in assigned territory
- Assist other departments with face to face interactions when needed
- Identify underserved areas and share ideas for new opportunities with Marketing team
- Maintain vigilance of assigned territory advertising through print and media subscriptions to share advertising review and investigations opportunities with the Operations Department
- Work in conjunction with HR to maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training direct reports
- Enable direct reports to accomplish results by effectively communicating job expectations; monitoring and appraising job results; ensuring consistency of service and brand experience in all related activities performed by direct reports
- Coach, counsel and discipline direct reports and develop personal growth opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years in business management.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Experience creating and communicating business and sales plans.
- A proven track record in running successful and profitable business operations with documented revenue growth success.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to a wide range of audiences.
- Deep and broad business acumen with strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- The ability to lead and execute in a multi-task, fast-paced dynamic environment.
- A strong talent mindset – exceptional people management and team performance experience.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Optional additional insurance plans (short- and long-term disability, additional life, accident, etc.)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) after 90 days
- Paid holidays, plus your birthday off with pay
- Safe Harbor (immediate vesting) 401(k) plan with up to a 6% company match
To apply, please reply to this posting with your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
Due to the overwhelming response to our advertisements, only candidates selected to move forward in our recruitment process will be contacted.