NTB-National Tire And Battery

BBB Serving The 23 Northern Counties of Indiana no longer processes complaints against this company. Any complaints are directed to BBB serving West Palm Beach, FL for processing. For a full report contact BBB located in West Palm Beach, FL at (561) 842-1918 or http://Seflorida.bbb.org. Prior to 10/06/2014 this company's complaints were handled locally. The following data represents complaints processed by this BBB prior to 10/06/2014.

10/06/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

NTB unwilling to repair the TPMS sensor that they rebuilt 2 times in the last 2 years. Replace entire sensor after 3rd time. Very disrespectfu manager
Had 4 tires replaced. Was told that they can only replace 4 at a time. An authorize TPMS repair kit was included with all 4 tires. 2 years later got a nail in one tire. NTB replaced that tire with a new tire and included another unauthorized TPMS on the new tire. Recently while travel new tire that NTB replaced started to leak. When trying to put air in the tire the valve stem came completely apart. Unable to hold air. This was 2 months after the tire was replaced and TPMS repaired. I returned tire to NTB and was told that need a new TPMS sensor. When asked why it was rebuilt 2 times prior the employee and especially the manager were extremely disrespectful stating that it malfunctioned. After something is repaired 2 times you do not expect it to malfunction after the second time it was repaired. NTB personnel have not been helpful in resolving and because I am a female just pushed me aside saying this is what you need.. too bad..

If a product is repaired I would expect them to stand by there product or repair and fix it or replace it but not charge me 3 times at a total cost of $91.98 and my time spent at the repair shop and stuck on the side of the road.

05/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I've never purchased tires from NTB before, but after comparing prices decided to give them a try.

The ordering process was simple enough and I scheduled an appointment for the following week. We arranged schedules and vehicles to make the appointment, only to arrive and discover the tires were not there and they were unable to honor our appointment. The manager offered no more than a half hearted apology.

Why have customers schedule an appointment, advertising it as a convenience, if it means nothing? I understand sometimes shipments are delayed, but the store could have easily called and informed us of such a delay before we went to the trouble to arrange schedules and drive to the store. Instead, we knew nothing until arriving at the store. It was extremely frustrating. So much so that I considered cancelling my order with NTB and purchasing tires elsewhere.

I complained via the company's website on April 2. In response, I received a weak form email that made light of my situation and sounded condescending. The form email promised to forward the complaint to the appropriate person, but I have received no further correspondence. They have done nothing to try to make things right or appease me as the customer.

Not only that, but one of the reasons I chose NTB was the rebate promotion. It promised up to **** for purchasing Goodyear tires on their credit card. After I reluctantly purchased Goodyear Eagle Sport tires from them (4/19), I found out I'm only getting half the rebate **** instead of ***** I thought I was going to get. Their online promotion is misleading. It does not specify that the amount of rebate varies per tire and that the additional amount from putting it on their card is also based on tire.

At the minimum, I'd like the remaining $** of rebate that the promotion promised. I'd also like some sort of compensation for the inconvenience, time, gas, trouble, etc. involved in trying to purchase tires and the subsequent lack of customer service.

Tire Dealers