BBB Accredited Business since 10/30/1992

Advanced Roofing & Home Improvement, LLC

09/20/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This Company filed a lien against my property, which has been paid. Company stated they would remove months ago. No response to date.
Company filed a lien against my property, however the bill has been paid in full. The work that was completed was subcontracted out, and the warranty was never filed. I contacted the Company several times to inquire as to when the lien would be removed. i was told that it would be removed months ago. To date no response has been received.

I would like Advanced Roofing to remove the lien from my property as they have been fully paid. Additionally, I am requesting the warranty and a receipt.

We would be happy to release the lien, & issue the warranty, once the balance is paid in full. While the principal balance is paid, the interest charges & returned check fees have not been paid. The work was completed on March 27, 2015 & we did not receive final payment, on the principal balance, until March 23, 2016 (nearly one year later). Per the contract terms, interest charges due apply to unpaid balances after 30 days. Mrs. ****** also wrote us several post-dated checks over the months following the work that were no good. Two of the checks bounced & we still have four other checks that we were told were no good by the customer (which we've voided). Altogether, we were written six bad checks (copies attached). We didn't receive the first valid payment until February 8, 2016 & received another valid payment on March 23rd. We've given Mrs. ****** the benefit of the doubt over the past year, which is why we haven't turned the matter over for collection. We're obviously disappointed she has now filed a complaint when she knows she still has a balance due. We are willing to work with Mrs. ****** on the interest charges, but all attempts to reach her, by phone, go to a voicemail that is full.

I am very disappointed by the consistent unethical and dishonest practices of this Company. First, Advanced Roofing has multiple ways to contact me including my email address (as I emailed the signed contract to them), home address and two contact phone numbers. I have left multiple messages for ***** which have not been responded to. Additionally, the work was subcontracted to another roofing Company who allowed my old shingles to fall into the attic. Advanced Roofing has not responded nor addressed my complaint. Their receptionist also made very discriminatory remarks to me. This along with the fact that the work was not completed until close to a year after I signed the contract leads me to believe that this Company is prejudice against African Americans. I am now represented by legal counsel as I have been left with no further options. Buyers Beware.

Roofing Contractors, Siding Contractors