BBB Accredited Business since 05/12/1994

Cabinet Concepts

08/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I took in a cabinet drawer for repair/replacement. Not only did they not replace the drawer box, the glides they put on were too big & would not work.
Towards the end of last month, one of the drawers in my cabinet was broken. I called C.C. to find out about replacing/repairing it. They told me to bring it in. And I did. They said that it would be $50.00 to replace & I agreed. A week or so later, they called & said it was finished. So I went in. And it WAS repaired (such as it was). But, instead of a new drawer box (which I thought I was paying for), it was the same old busted one, just glued together! AND the (new) drawer glides were 2" to long! I questioned that, & was told they should still work. If they didn't - bring it back. So I agreed, paid, & came home. Once I got home, I tried the drawer, & it wouldn't even go in. (My calipers confirmed that both the glides & the plastic rollers were to big. But they should have know that, I had taken all the pieces in to them when I went, including both of the old glides.). So I called them. Closed for the holiday. I took back in on Tues. Very rude to me. Said these were the only glides they had, & IF they didn't work, they couldn't help me. Refused to give refund. I have both the glued drawer & old glides as evidence if needed.

I'm seeking a refund. When they give my $50.00 back, I will return to them these WAY-TO-BIG glides that they put on.

Contact Name and Title: ****** *******

Customer came to the store on 7/29/2014. He could not get into his parking spot because we are doing an exterior remodeling project and we had a truck parked there to block the debris. He drove to another spot and called **** and asked him to come out to his car. He gave **** the slides and told him to give him his $50.00. **** saw the drawer in the front passenger seat and asked him to give it to him so that we could undo our repair and we would then give him his $50.00. In my offer it was clearly stated that he would need to bring the drawer in for our installer to undo the repair. We never refused to undo the drawer. He refused to give it to us. There were 3 other employees in the parking lot helping with the construction and witnessed his encounter with *****

OFFER:
Take your drawer to the BBB office and we will meet you there. Our installer will undo the repair and we will refund your $50.00. Our installer's hours are 7:00-3:00.

This is completely untrue. When I went in there, I showed them both the busted drawer & the busted glides. My statement was "I need a new drawer". I own BOTH a staple gun, AND a glue gun. IF I were simply wanting that old drawer box repaired, I COULD HAVE DONE THAT MYSELF!! I went there for what I could NOT DO myself - get a NEW drawer. That's why I agreed to a $50.00 charge. I THOUGHT I WAS BUYING A NEW DRAWER BOX & NEW DRAWER GLIDES. If I had known differently - I would have NEVER agreed to that! I was NEVER told that what they were going to do wouldn't work. In fact, when I went in to pick the drawer up, I DID question them about the drawer & the long glides. They assured me (several times) that it would work. Their explanation for the long glides, was that cabinets "are a standard depth" so "It should go in there & work even though it's longer than the drawer". They never said (at any time) "They won't work". And their installer WOULD NOT have just happened to "notice" the bad roller because I had ALREADY showed it to them when I first went in! And, since they repeatedly assured me that the drawer should work, I agreed & paid them. THAT'S WHY I PAID THEM - because they assured me it should work! (Not telling me it wouldn't)
Don't you find it convenient (for them) that they say they gave me them for free?

Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling, Stone - Natural, Marble - Natural, Cabinet Manufacturer, Laminated Structural Products, Construction & Remodeling Services, Contractors - General, Carpenters