A & B Wrecker Service

12/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My company hired A&B Wrecker Service to move a portable building and they destroyed the top of the building by hitting telephone and cable lines.
I hired A&B Wrecker Service to move my portable building from Boaz to Geraldine. A&B Wrecker had moved the building once before, but this time sent a taller wrecker roll-back. I told him I thought the roll-back was too tall, but he insisted he could haul the building. About 15 minutes into the move, he hit some telephone and cable lines and ripped the top part of my building off and destroyed some metal fabrication to the building. I have sent letters to the company and have not heard anything from anyone. If we cannot reach an amicable settlement through negotiations and resolve this matter soon, I am going to file formal complaints with the Circuit Court in Marshall County, Alabama. I just want my building repaired and the issue to be resolved. This company refuses to contact me, take calls, or return calls. I am disgusted at the level of customer service that I've received. I am told, the company violated many legal issues by hauling a building too tall for normal towing, without first obtaining permits and is in violation of several laws for tearing down utility lines without making notice to the proper owner/authority(s). I will also pursue that if an amicable resolution cannot be reached.

I just want my building repaired to the way it was found before A&B Wrecker Service loaded the building onto their roll-back and hauled it to Geraldine. I've sent a copy of the invoice to repair the damages to the company as well as a lengthy letter to explain with great detail what happened and even where the events took place and no one from the company will respond or contact me to even discuss resolving this matter.

In response to the complaint of ***** ******* we would like the following to be noted. We did in fact haul a storage building for ***** ****** on October 31, 2013. Minor damage did occur in the transport of the building.

Mr. ****** states that he called twice to the A & B Wrecker Service phone line and sent two letters via the U. S. Postal Service. Company dispatchers, office personal, nor I received any calls or letters from Mr. ******* The first information of this situation that was brought to my attention was on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 when I received the email of the complaint from the Better Business Bureau. I called Mr. ****** that morning after reviewing the complaint.

I contacted and informed Mr. ****** that I would check into the situation and call him back, to which he was agreeable. I was told by the complainant during this conversation that he had a repair estimate in hand from ******* ****** ********* of ********, ******* in the amount of $1230.00. I went to the site where the building was delivered to inspect the building. The only damage to the building was the roof eve which had been caught on a phone/cable line.
I returned a call to Mr. ****** to obtain information on the company which had made the repair estimate. I was told that the estimate for the repair was done with only pictures. The estimate lists the roof eve as a 10 gauge, 12ft stainless steel roof eve for a price of $230.00. I called two local metal companies, Waldrop Manufacturing in Boaz, Alabama and Echols Metal Roofing in Albertville, Alabama and was told by both that there is no such thing as 10 gauge stainless roof eve. Both companies stated that the thickest gauge metal available for the roof eve was a 29 gauge with an estimated price of $30.00 to $40.00. With this information in hand I decided to attempt to reach Atlanta Custom Metal Buildings on December 5, 2013. I realized that the estimate did not have a phone number. The address of **** *********** ***** Court Marietta, Georgia 30062 was the only contact information I had on the estimate, so I attempted to search for the address on a Google internet search. The address search associated this address with several real estate websites which listed a house for sale at this address. I also Google searched ******* ****** ***** ********* and could find no information on the company.

I went to look at the building again on the afternoon of Thursday, December 5, 2013. An employee of Mr. ********* company was there at the time and was in agreement the only damage to the building was the roof eve piece which could be replaced for far less than the estimate provided by ******* ****** ***** ********* I called Mr. ****** and advised
him I couldn't get in touch with ******* ****** ********* in reference to the estimate. I was told by Mr. ****** that he was not in his office, but would call me back with phone number of the company. As of December 12, 2013 he has not returned my call.

We do realize and acknowledge that the building was damaged during transport, but we do doubt the validity and the cost of the estimate from ******* ****** ***** Buildings due to the afore mentioned information and the lack of contact back from *** ******* We will consider a resolution of repair with a piece of metal from our local metal company.

Towing - Automotive