Pools Plus

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

12/01/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I searched BBB for a reliable company to install a new swimming pool liner. Pools Plus of Owens Cross Roads seemed to fit what I needed. I spoke with ****, the owner. He said he would have someone out to measure the pool in the next few days. After about two weeks and another phone call, he sent someone out the next week. **** called me and quoted me a price of $2700. He told me to come to the store and put a deposit on the liner. On 4/01/14, I went to the store and paid $2024.00. After several calls, someone came out and started the liner. They worked one day and didn't come back for 4 days. The liner was finish in two weeks. We added some paint on the steps and around the cap of the pool and a new track for the liner around the steps. I went to the store and gave him a check for $2788.75 which totaled $4812.75 for the pool liner. It looked really good. After about two weeks, the liner started coming out of the track in three places around the pool. The new track that he installed around the steps seem to be leaking and is catching lots of trash that the sweeper will not remove. I called the store and spoke with ***** at the store. He said he would see that **** got the message. Weeks went by and we did not hear from him. I called several times and spoke with ***** and even got ****'s cell number and called him. He assured me that it would be taken care of. After a month, my husband called ****. He assured my husband that he would send someone out to fix it by the weekend. After two months,**** was called again. He said he was sorry but someone would be out to fix it that week. No one came. He has been called numerous times and now he does not answer my phone calls. It has been 5 months and my pool still has not been fixed. According to the information ***** gave me, the liner is in danger of dry rotting on the spots that are no longer attached. When it rains, sometimes water gets behind the liner and that is what he said caused it to rot the last time. He will not service the liner.
Product_Or_Service: 4/01/14

I would like for the pool to be fixed. If damage has occurred to the liner from water behind it and heat from the sun, I would like for it to be replaced. It is almost time to cover the pool before the leaves begin to fall. This needs attention before the cover is put on.

I left a voicemail for Mrs. ****** last week (Tue 11/11/14) after finding out about the response from her last visit. She did not receive that voicemail.
I followed up with her again today (11/17/14) and did get the opportunity to discuss the issues. We have a meeting set for tomorrow at her pool to look over the issues and discuss a mutually agreeable resolution.

Pools Plus did come out but it was after leaves had fallen waiting on him. The water was very cloudy and we could not see the issues that were wrong with the pool. He put some chemicals in the water in hopes it would clear up. The leaves were falling in the pool faster than I could get them out. He advised me to just winterize the pool and cover it. He said for me to call him in the spring when it was time to open the pool and he would come back out and clear up the issues. He seems to want to make things right. I would like to hold this complaint until the pool is opened and he can come back out.

11/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

A pool technician left a garden hose running in the pool at our home in Huntsville for at least one week. This occurred in late June/early July and resulted in a water usage of over 90,000 gallons with the utilities company. Upon bringing this matter to the attention of the pool company manager, it was passed along to the owner who was to send a form to complete for water/sewer credit. It is important to note that the company was aware of the fact that the home would not be occupied during the time the water was left running. I have been in constant contact with the manager since July 21.It was requested that we provide utility bills and we did send copies of 3 months from 2013 and the preceding months in 2014 to show what an unusual usage there was. We were told by the manager that we would have a response from the owner over a week ago. Since we have not received any response, I have now left phone messages directly with the owner. In addition, the pool grew an abundance of algae during the time and although we were paying for maintenance it was not being cared for properly. After numerous complaints, they did attempt to bring the pool up to a cleaner standard.

After discussing our situation with Huntsville Utilities, we were granted an extension on our due date to August 15. We had to go ahead and pay the entire amount so that our service would not be disconnected. Since Pools Plus did not act in a timely manner to work out an agreement with the utility company, we are now seeking reimbursement for those costs directly to us from Pools Plus.

We have contacted this customer and come to an agreement where we credited the amount on her service bill against the water bill that she had to pay. Additionally, we did arrange a credit through Huntsville Utilities that Mrs. **** received as a refund from them.

A company representative spoke with Mrs. **** yesterday and confirmed that we had resolved the case.

03/04/2015Problems with Product / Service
04/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

pools plus delayed repairing pool which resulted in my paying approx $800 in water bills. they also failed to repair faulty grout & overflow valve

pool was installed summer 0f 2013. in april of 2014 the sprinkler system/pool began using copious amounts of water. so much so that the utility company called me

pool was installed in summer of 2013. in april of 2014 the pool/sprinkler system began to use copious amounts of water. so much so that the utility company called me to alert me and to tell me to fix the problem. i immediately contacted gary turchetta, the owner and my contact at pools plus. between april and september of 2014 i paid the utility company $881.43 in sprinkler/pool water. also during that time i contacted gary and other employees at pools plus concerning the problem. a few cursory attempts were made to repair the problem. i went to the business in person several times. i texted and e-mailed with gary turchetta many times. mr. turchetta became evasive and began to ignore my attempts to communicate. i filed a complaint with the state attorney general's office. they contacted mr. turchetta twice by mail. he failed to respond.
also during that time the expensive grout around the decorative tile began to break off in chunks. i took a small sample of these chunks to the pools plus store and contacted gary turchetta concerning this, but never heard back from him or anyone. i made several more attempts to contact him regarding this.
at the time the pool was installed i was told that a an overflow valve or drain was clogged and that someone would be repairing this. it did not happen. it is easy to tell because the part of the yard where the drain is was never disturbed.
during this period of time gary turchetta told me to hold off on paying the monthly maintenance fee for the pool until they solved the problem of excessive water usage. months later i received a bill for the pool maintenance which included finance charges!!! i had hoped to receive a check from pools plus for the exorbitant amount of money i paid for water due to their error.
i would like a check in the amount of $881.43. i would like the grout replaced around the decorative tile, and i would like for the overflow drain to be repaired.

Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design, Irrigation Systems & Equipment, Spas & Hot Tubs - Service & Repair, Furniture - Outdoor, Concrete - Stamped & Decorative, Swimming Pool Service & Repair, Swimming Pool Equipment & Supplies, Outdoor Kitchens