BBB Accredited Business since 08/14/2009

CCD Roofing & Construction

07/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Owner of company will not honor warranty on roof. Ignores and will not return calls.
We purchased the home in April 2013. In July of 2013, we noticed water damage on ceilings of 2 of the rooms in the house. We determined it was from the roof. We obtained the warranty on the roof (purchased May 2011, 5 year warranty) & contacted roofing company. We arranged a time for the owner/serviceman to come check out the problem. He did not show up and all attempts to get in contact with him failed. At one point, he hung up when he heard it was us. Weeks later, after a call from the previous owner, he returned our calls and scheduled another service visit. He came to the house, checked out the damage and caulked the spot in the roof that he felt was letting water in. He said to call him after the next rain, he would check out the ceiling to see if the caulk had stopped the leak, and he would fix the damaged ceiling. We called him almost every day for 6 months, leaving messages, and received no answer or returned call. We have a newborn and the spots on the ceiling of one of the aforementioned rooms were turning black, so we were forced to repair the ceiling in that room ourselves. The water damage in the other room is still awaiting repair.

On April 14, 2014, we noticed ceiling damage and water on the floor in another room separate from the previous rooms. We called the company from a number he wouldn't recognize and he answered. He assured us he would be here the next day and would take care of everything. He did not show up and would not answer our calls or messages. This morning, April 28, 2014, the damage and water have spread. We are expecting large amounts of rain in the next few days and I'm extremely worried about the condition of our roof.

It bothers me to have to submit this report because he seems like a pleasant guy, but he has left me no choice.

We would like our roof and damaged ceilings repaired as promised.

My name is ******* ******,i have spoke to someone at your office about this matter. In 2011 we roofed a house on *********** Ln. for the home owner (at the time)
At that time there was no mention of any leaks inside the house. We never received a call from the homeowner about any problems with leaks.
We do give a labor warranty to the home owner.
It is my understanding they sold the house to ******** *****. She did call about a spot on her ceiling. I Went to check the problem out and found tree limbs on her roof. She said it was not leaking, but there was a stain on the ceiling, but was not wet. So no way of knowing if the stain was something new,or if it was there when we roofed the house for the home owner we done the roof for.

These comments are untrue. He did come to check out the original water spots, but made no mention of tree limbs on the roof. He caulked a spot on the roof that he felt was letting water in and it seemed to fix the problem. And the newest stain on the ceiling is under a part of the roof that is too pitched for there to be tree limbs or leaves gathered, so it can only be a roof problem.
Regardless, he made a verbal agreement to come back and fix the ceilings in the laundry and dining room as stated in the original complaint. As for the newest stain, he agreed verbally, when I called him, that the roof should be checked. Per the original complaint, he never showed up & never answered our calls again.
As for the stains being there before they roofed the house, I can provide the inspection we received before purchasing the house and it makes no mention of any stains on any of the ceilings. The inspector also took photographs that he may be able to provide.

I went to the home on *********** and spoke to Mrs. *****. She said their was a leak in her dining room,and there was a spot on the dining room ceiling. I got on the roof and could not see any visible damage to the roof. I did pick tree limbs off the roof and added some silicone to the roof where there was a vent pipe. The ceiling was not wet and the stain looked like it had been there awhile. But nothing was said about anymore leaks any where else. The previous owner's did not call one time about any leaks. Our warranty is (Labor only)not material and it does not transfer over to different home owner. So i do not know if the leak was there when the *****'s purchased the home are not. The spot was not wet and i put silicone on opposite side of dining room from where she says it was leaking. So the silicone did not stop leak because it was applied to another section of the roof. ******* ******/C.C.D

If any of that is true about the tree limbs, Mr. ****** did not convey it to us. My husband specifically asked if the warranty transferred to us, as new home owners, and was told it did. As stated before, I can provide pictures from the home inspector that visited before we purchased the house, that show the spots were not there. It wasn't until the rains of last July that we had a problem. The comment about the silicone, I believe, is false because Mr. ****** told me that putting the silicone on the roof should stop the leak and that he would come back to check the ceiling to see. If it was on the opposite side of the roof, why would he say that? That's the basic question of all of this. If he doesn't feel the roof is to blame, or he feels the spot was already there, then why did he tell me twice he would fix the ceiling damage from the roof? Why did he tell us that the warranty carried over? Why didn't he tell us originally that the company wasn't responsible? I've accepted the fact that CCD/Mr. ****** has no intention of honoring their promises. We are completely unsatisfied and I feel other consumers should know how CCD/Mr. ****** does business. Thank you.

02/17/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Shingle roofs. did not replace bad wood as need when doing shingle work. Resulting in leaks.
On 02/16/2011 I turned in a claim to my Insurance Company for Hail Damage to my roof . They sent a man out to check it out and ok the replacement. I called a couple roofing companies and hired CCD Roofing on 03/25/2011. there was a wet spot on my bathroom ceiling and he said that he would check it out and fix as necessary. We also talk about replacing any other bad wood on roofs as needed and I would pay for that myself. At that time there were people here that heard use discussing what needed to be done with the roof and what he agreed to be done. The insurance company said that they would not pay for the wood damage. So Mr. ****** agreed that he would replace any bad wood on whatever roof and I would pay him for it, and Mr. ****** agreed to it. About 1.5-2.5 months later the carport was leaking and I called Mr. ****** and he came to the house and looked and said he would not repair or replace it. Through out a years time I called Mr. ****** a total of 14 times and with witnesses, who some were contractors, listened to me talk to Mr. ****** who cussed me out and said some very hurtful and disgusting things. He told me to never call him again. A couple contractors who knew him talked to him and he point blank said he would not have anything to do with me. So I ended up paying another person $750.00 to repair the bad wood on the carport because it was getting moldy . then In November 2012 I called Mr. ****** and asked him to come to my home because the roof on my Garage was leaking and he hung up the phone on me. I was at a total loss what to do. So I let a little more time go by and Called Mr. ****** again this was in May of 2013 and he cussed me out using profanity and told me never to call him again. I learned that an Individual who helps supply him supplies had talked to him about this and should make it right. ( do not know how true this is ,but came from a person of good standing ).In the last 2 days I have emptied 23 gallons of water from containers I used to catch water that was pouring through a hole I had to put in the wooden ceiling before it caved in, again with witnesses. the ceiling is getting moldy and because Mr. ****** would not even come out and look ( even for warranty ). Some of my stuff is ruined. I hardly ever go into that room because it is used for storage and did not notice the leaking for some time. I feel that Mr. ****** is being unjust and unfair and not living up to his work ethic ( Maybe he Is ). I feel that he should at least find out why it is leaking and if it was something his men did or did not do while reroofing that area. Mr. ****** was paid a total of $9659.80. Mr. ****** was paid by (3) checks. Two (2) from the insurance company and one (1) from me. Last I heard from another contractor that Mr.****** would not come back to my home for a million bucks and that myself and another person were out to Scam him. That is far from the truth. Thank you for your time

I would like to have the Garage roof fixed so it does not leak any more and replace the bad wood on my ceiling because of the leaking. And pay me back the $750.00 I needed to pay to have the shingles and bad wood because of the leak that Mr. ****** refused to repair. And if Possible an Apology for the foul language and disrespect he had given me. Especially to other people about me.

No I do not agree with Mr. ******'s Response. I had called Mr. ****** that the carport was leaking about 2 months after he installed my roof. After a couple of calls Mr. ****** came and looked at my carport and said he would fix it if I would pay for the materials (wood) and he would supply the men and he said it would only take his men a couple of hours to repair it. That never happened. I had called Mr. ****** a total of 14 times and he told me that under no terms was he going to repair my carport and at least 4 different times there were contractors here doing other work that knew Mr. ****** and listened and talked to him on speaker phone and Mr. ****** cussed and swore at me and these other people. Two of the contractors are God fearing men that do not cuss. As for people calling him , it was not at my request. It was something they took upon themselves to speak with Mr. ****** to do the right thing. And yes I know of one person he had gotten into an argument with (And he is not my cousin ), they argued because Mr. ****** called him a dope addict, That was their argument not mine. One of Mr. ******'s Suppliers talked with him about treating people right and he should take care of my problem. ( That is what I was told from a Contractor who is good friends with the owner of the supply company, that supposedly talked with Mr.******.) In 11/12 I called Mr. ****** and told him my Garage was leaking and he cussed me out and told me never to call him again and hung up. I was at a total lose and about gave up. then in 05/13 I called Mr. ****** and told him my roof was leaking worse and would he please come out and check it, he cussed me out and hung up. I have had witnesses who have listened and talk to him while he was cussing everyone. During the last 2-3 rain storms I have emptied a 13 quart trash can and a 5 gallon bucket twice during some of the rains. The inside of the garage where the leaking is ,is finished with wood( the kind one uses for outside walls ) that is why I did not know about the leak sooner. Now because of that leaking it is moldy and rotten. Mr. ****** said he and his men came out and repaired my roof and leak, I CHALLENGE him to PROVE where he did this and WHEN. Because he was never here to do any work for repair. And I am sure he could not tell you where the leak actually is. He might now because I sent him pictures of the running water going into a trash can. As for the carport, the underside was painted and I didn't notice the mold until it was already there and it was where one usually does not look. the mold on top of the wood and tar paper should not have been there if he had done his job correctly..I prefer to take care of this matter through this means. But rest assured I will not hesitate to get a reputable Roofing Company to Document what ,where and how much it will cost to repair all the damage and take it from there. Thank you for your time.

To whom it may concern:

I did a roof for Mr. ****** about 3 to 3 1/2 years ago. My estimates include a complete tear off and replace of shingles, and we furnish one piece of decking. We use that one piece of decking on his roof. On the car port. There was a very small mold spot on the decking, but it was not soft or busted so therefore we did not take any decking out.

Mr. ****** called me about one year later about his barn leaking and I went to look at it and I had my roofers fix it. He did not say anything about the spot on the car port, so that telling me it was okay. Another one year later he called, and that makes it 2 years. Him and his cousin was cussing me and being very threatening. He would not talk in a calm manner. So I stopped answering their calls. Then a year later. This makes 3 years. I get pictures in the mail from BBB.

I believe that the mold grew to be bigger and the moisture from it being outside softened the woods and got worse as time went on. I try to do the very best job that I can, you can see by my A+ with BBB, and I have had to complaints that I know of. My roof warranty on roofs are a five-year labor warranty.

The damage decking and the picture was not like that when I did the roof, or he would have seen it or said something instead of waiting 2 years and after I had been there a year later, and that he parks right under it. I will not talk to someone that is cussing me or threatening me, and when he has other people calling and threatening me. The damaged happened over time and was not soft or busted on the top side for we tore the roof off.

Roofing Contractors, Fire & Water Damage Restoration, Bathroom Remodeling, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Roofing Service Consultants, Home Improvements - Additions, Home Improvements