BBB Accredited Business since 11/01/2010

1 Source Roofing, LLC

12/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

A month after service was performed roof started leaking in front of house. They am and checked it out. Fixed one leak supposedly. The house started leaking in back and now is leaking in car shed and is leaking in tool shed. I went with this company on the advice of one the person at insurance company. It does no good to complaint to them. I even had their advertisement in my yard for a while.

Most of house has flashing. I want flashing put on metal at the back of house to stop leaking. I want all leaking stopped. It leaks like crazy when it rains.

We installed this roof in August 2011. The homeowner was advised that the framing on the house and the sheds wasn't the best craftsmanship. We have been out on 3 different occasions to try to fix the back leak on the shed. It does have the correct flashing on it. The poor craftsmanship with the framing is causing the leak.

Mr. **** is requesting a meeting with Mr. ****** to talk about the options of how to repair his roof so that it will not leak. Please call him at ************ ASAP.

01/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Chimney internal construction did not meet code and the improper vent caps were installed on two of the chimneys.

I have been trying to reach owner.
This was a repair from the tornado of 2012 the house was under construction at that time, however chimneys were complete until tornado destroyed them.

I was told the chimneys would be repaired back to the original configuration. I have a 30ft chimney that they repaired and since two did not meet code, chances are the 30ft does not either.

Allstar was paid in full by my insurance company based on proposal to rebuild back to original specs.

I contacted the project engineer asking for documentation and specifications that were followed for the 30' chimney..he said he would look but did not think there was any.

I had to pay for the internal configuration of two chimneys which included labor and materials.

Out of my pocket expense at this time is $4238 and this does not include the 30'chimney which will be repaired next week. I want to be reimbursed for the total out-of pocket expenses.

The homeowner never gave me a chance to address her concerns. On Friday November 22 she called and left a message at approximately 11:46 and asked for me to return her call. I was out of town and didn't have a chance to call her until Monday morning. She filed the complaint the same day she left a message for me to call her.

The Homeowner filed a complaint against ALLSTAR Roofing & Construction for not installing vent caps to the gas insert flu pipes on three separate Chimneys. In the Scope of Work, the original claim outlined one small chimney which toppled over and fell through the roof be demolished and reconstructed. The Large chimney, ****** ****** contracted structural engineer observed the this Chimney's structure had been stressed and twisted requiring demolition and reframing of the outer framing structure. The third chimney was not on the original insurance scope of work and was added through a supplement to the claim by ALLSTAR Roofing & Construction.

ALLSTAR Roofing & Construction decided to utilize the same Structural Engineer that the homeowner insurance company used in order to maintain continuity between all parties involved in this project. The Engineer was **** ****** **** Ph.D., P.E. business name is ***** **** ************ Inc.

All the new design details were submitted to the Structural Engineer for review and approval before construction commenced. All Three Chimney Chases were reconstructed and inspected after construction by the Structural Engineer.

The Large Chimney Chase in question with regard to the vent cap, we were able to reutilize the same vent cap which was connected to the Flu pipe inside the interior chimney chase framework. All new work was everything outside the interior framework.

As far as the homeowner concern about the two smaller chimney's not having vent caps. The reason is there never was any flu pipe installed inside the chimney chases prior the Tornado damage occurred. The insurance company never included replacement of gas insert flu pipe as part of the insurance scope of work.

When ALLSTAR Roofing & Construction was ready to install the copper chimney caps and **** ****** chimney vents, the large chimney had the flu pipe and vents caps installed originally and were never removed. The two smaller chimneys our sub contractor coordinated with the Homeowners on site builder with reference to the flu pipe and vent caps not installed. The on site builder instructed our sub contractor to proceed with the installation of the copper chimney caps and castle vents, that he, the on site builder would install the flu pipe and vent caps at a later date.

ALLSTAR Roofing & Construction during the course of this project went above and beyond what was required in the original Insurance companies scope of work to identify numerous oversights and miscalculations by the original Insurance adjuster. With strict coordination with the Structural Engineer and the Adjuster, We were able to deliver a much better product both in the design and quality of work.

As far as the vent caps are concerned, The large chimney is installed due to it never being removed. The two smaller chimney's never had flu pipe's and vent caps installed which were never a replacement item included into the Insurance adjuster's Claim. The is also a large outstanding balance still owed on this account.

In reference to allowing Allstar to address my concerns, why would I give them the chance to address the issue when it should have been completed properly in the beginning of the repair stage. I will not go into the issue of over 6 months of leaking/roof issues around each fireplace.
I totally disagree with his response. We took pictures of the chimneys before I had the chimney's repaired to the correct specifications and proper vents in order to pass ********** for installation of the Direct Vented Fireplaces. The vents that were removed that were installed by Allstar have been retained and are in my garage. All three chimneys had to be reconfigured to meet code and install the proper DV caps. I do not have an issue at this time with the outside structural integrity it is the internal configuration that has cost me additional monies out of my pocket.
I have receipts of the vent caps I purchased prior to 2012 that were installed by my contractor and I have pictures of the internal aspect of the fireplaces repaired by Allstar.

As I previously stated, the homeowner never gave me an opportunity to address her concerns. On Friday November 22 she called and left a message at approximately 11:46a.m. and asked for me to return her call. I was out of town and didn't have a chance to call her until Monday morning. She filed the complaint with the BBB right after she left a message for me to call her. Also, there is an outstanding balance that is still owed to us by the consumer.

Roofing Contractors, Windows, Windows - Installation & Service, Remodeling Services, Bathroom Remodeling, Basement - Remodeling, Construction & Remodeling Services, Siding Contractors, Patio, Porch & Deck Enclosures, Home Improvements - Additions, Home Improvements, Gutters & Downspouts, Garage Builders, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, Kitchen Remodeling