BBB Accredited Business since 10/29/1996

Bunn's & Bennett Heating & Air Conditioning Company

08/01/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

New AC unit has leaked refrigerent since it was installed had to call another company to correct the problem, would like refund on repair cost.
I had a new Trane AC&heating unit installed on 02/22/2012 Had trouble with the AC ever since it was installed, I reported this last year thinking it was resolved, but it wasn't,The company came out several times to add refrigerent and it kept leaking out, this year I called Alabama Climate Control out they found the problem immediatly and fixed it, I had to pay out of pocket for this, Bunns&Bennett only pacified me by coming out and recharging the unit until my labor warrenty ran out, I also found out they did not get a permit to install my system witch would have been inspected had they had a permit, a representive from the Trane Corp. came out with Alabama climate Control and said this was the worst installation he had ever seen, my vent pipe for my gas heater was also not connected correctly I guess it was not properly connected when they went up into my attic, it's a wonder my wife and I didn't die from carbon dioxied poisining

The $82.50 I had to pay out of pocket to have the ac unit fixed, I haven't yet had the vent pipe fixed it is bent don't know what that will cost since it's bent and can't be connected together, I don,t need heat right now anyway and the gas is shut off but before heating season comes it will have to be repaired.

This is the first we have heard from Mr *****, since August of last year, and we were completely unaware that he had any problem this year. Additionally, last August we did a complete evacuation of the freon circuit and did a high pressure leak test which showed there were no leaks in the freon circuit. Therefore, we will need a copy of the invoice Mr ***** paid to Alabama Climate Control and the name of the Trane Co representative that came out with them, in order to respond to this claim, as it is very unclear to us what was done and/or what the problem actually is. Please forward those two pieces of information to us.

Alabama Climate Control ran me a new veny pipe at no charge, it would be better if they mailed me a check for the $82.50,or I will not except this resolution!

09/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Called Bunns and Bennett to have attic air handler checked because we have had leaking issues with this unit . Requested specific areas be checked. Called in this info and had a list for the ac repair person. Apparently he literally only looked at the unit. Never checked if unit was retaining water or freon level. Never went into unit. Wife payed $65 thinking unit was checked out. Had to call another company to check unit out. They are currently repairing unit. Issue is they did not do a unit check out. If I didn't call other company I would have had another major leak on ceilings.

Refund would be fine.

In response to this claim, I must first say that the $65 that was the only monies charged is our service call charge to come out. All customers are told there will be a $65 charge when a service call is scheduled.
Additionally, our service technician did come out to the home and did check the system and found several problems for which, as is our policy, gave the customers a price for these repairs. The wife was there when we came out, and she stated that her husband was in the hospital and she would need to discuss this with him before giving the okay to do repairs. Our records show that the husband called from the hospital with some questions but did not give the okay for the repairs.
Having said all that, if the customers wish to have the $65 refunded, we will be happy to do so.

Heating & Air Conditioning, Heat Pumps, Air Conditioning Repair, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Supplies & Parts, Heating Equipment, Heating Equipment & Systems Cleaning & Repair, Heating Contractors, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems