Dr. Eddie's Stereo Outlet

08/22/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We took our Chevy Suburban in to Dr. Eddie's to have new speakers put in the front doors. My drivers side door was damaged during installation.
When I got home from having my speakers installed I realized that my drivers door would not lock nor could I roll any of the windows down from the drivers door and also was unable to adjust the electric side mirrors from the drivers door. I immediately called Dr. Eddies and made an appt to bring the car back the following day for them to look at. When we went back they removed the door panel and said everything was connected and they did not know what was wrong. I then called the dealership and was told that it had to be something to do with the installation of the speakers because this is not a common problem on this make/model and it was simultaneous with the speakers being installed. That night I also realized that the door had not been installed correctly so I had to make a third trip to Dr. Eddie's to have them correct that issue. During the third visit, I spoke to the owner, ******, and he basically said that I could not prove the windows, locks, and mirrors were not already broken when I brought the vehicle to him. At this point I called the dealership again to see if they could look at it but they were booked for several days so I went to the mechanics at Express Oil on Drake Avenue. They quickly took the door apart and found that the ground wires had not been connected after installation. I was charged for a half hour of labor and the problem was fixed! The cost was $42.50. I then called Dr. Eddie's and was told that I would have to bring the car back to them for them to take the door apart for a third time to verify that and that they would not pay for the cost of the repair.
They were rude throughout the entire process and extremely unprofessional. I would not recommend them to anyone again ever.
Timeline:
The speakers were installed on July 16th. ($160.58 paid by personal check)
I took the car back for them to look at on July 17th to see why the drivers side door panel was getting no power. No satisfaction and owner had left for the day so we could not discuss.
On July 18th I went back again to discuss it with them and have my door properly installed as they had not done it correctly the seal was hanging out of the bottom of the door and there was a 3 inch gap between the door and the door panel which had to be corrected. It was at that point that I tried the dealership and ultimately Express Lube on Drake to have the car problem diagnosed and repaired. Again, cost of repair $42.50.

A reimbursement of $42.50 for the repair that had to be made to fix what they damaged!

After speaking to the owner of this Suburban after the installation that day we discussed the windows being an issue. The issue was that the all windows could roll down but the front two windows rolled up. We expressed that the customer know that and should get it looked at by the dealership as we only install car audio not troubleshoot factory parts. During that time the customer left (day 1) knowing what we expressed about the windows did not blame us and agreed to get it looked at. Later that day we received a call saying that now "all the buttons" did not work. Agreeing to schedule a appointment to relook at the issue, at no charge. (Day 2) As the Suburban arrived we were told about the owner of the Suburban trying to troubleshoot the door issue breaking a part in the door. During the customer's experiment to fix the issue the owner tells us that everything is plugged in and looks good. Agreeing with the appointment schedule we look at the issue looking at the wires and plugs going into the unit. The customer looked over the door as well, our install manager then pulled up countless of issue with that part on "Google,Bing, and Yahoo search" for the customer to see it was a common problem. The search we used was "2003-2007 Suburban Driver Window Lock Switch Problems" which the customer read along with use multiple problems with that part. The part is minor and we even agreed to put the part on for free if they purchased it from an online business. (Day 3) The customer shows up first thing to have the door panel popped on, at the lower bottom of the panel. The panel was looked over the day before by the customer, we are unsure if the customer again experimented on troubleshooting. Agreeing to put it back on for them we adjusted the door panel. Later that day a phone call that was reached saying that the problem was fixed and demanding a payment for the bill. The problem was a "loose ground" yet, the customer and our install manager looked over the wiring and plugs seeing no issue at all. We requested to see and inspect the issue. The customer denied to all us to inspect the door nor provide proof that it was done during our installation. The customer was rude about the issue, threatening our store with legal action, along with contacting BBB. As for the installation, both the customer and our installation manager looked over the issue neither finding a problem. The customer then takes the suburban to a "oil change" company to have a door panel looked at. We have a MECP installation and the owner of the suburban both looking at the issue yet can't find a problem but a "oil change" employee does. The customer does not provide any proof that the damage was done here at our location. The customer also viewed the wiring and plugs of the part finding no evidence of any broken wires. We as a Car Audio establishment have worked on over 1,000 of suburbans never having this issue. We believe the part was not working properly during the time the installation. We request proof of issue, along with our installation manager looking at the issue allowing the customer to show us the issue. The customer denies helping us resolve the issue.

The facts: everything worked fine with the window switches when brought to Dr Eddie,s. none of the drivers master switch worked when returned to customer. Dr Eddie's mechanic removed the door panel three times and never properly re-installed the door. I have had the vehicle since it was new and the switches have never failed and the panel had never been removed. I did try to trouble shoot because I have a job with the military and did not have time to take off during business hours and my wife needed the door fixed. Dr Edie's response calls his past loyal customers liters. That shop can not be trusted to do the right think in customer care. Still request reimbursement for the repair. I have made three trips driving over 60 miles to Dr Eddies to get the issue resolved just to be called a liar. With three improper door panel installations from Dr Eddie's mechanic, I will not let them remove the panel again just to break or improperly install the door panel.

Auto Service - Sound Systems Sales & Service, Satellite Equipment & Supplies, Professional Services - General, Sound Systems & Equipment, Radiotelephone Communication - Equipment & Systems, General Merchandise - Retail, Electronic Equipment & Supplies - Dealers, Cell Phone & Tablet Equipment, Supplies & Repair, Auto Alarms & Security Systems