BBB Accredited Business since 03/04/2009

Credit Now Auto Sales, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Repairs were not completed correctly or the car is just no good.
Having problems since I got the car in April this year. Told the worker about it, he said it was nothing, had my mechanic look at it, it was something major. Took it to them and they put a engine and then a transmission in and not in a timely matter. I finally get it back and I have the same exact problems and worse now. Their mechanics left 6 screw out and didn't tighten my bolts holding my engine in, it's loose and unsafe for my family and I to drive. I refuse to bring it back to the shop because they can't seem to fix it properly and I'm frustrated on bringing it to them so much for nothing. Also they won't give me my repairs or mileage papers on my new used engine, I've asked numerous times and my husband has as we'll. Nissan murano 2003. I'm not sure in the exact date if repairs because they failed to give me the invoice.

I believe I was sold a bad car, it was like this when I purchased it, I didn't cause the engine to go bad within a month. After they try to repair it with a whole other engine and transmission and it still is doing the same thing, I don't want to go through the hassle of bringing it and waiting for them to fix it just so it won't be. I waited almost a month for them to order the parts and my car was in their shop for a month and it's not even fixed. So I would like to trade this car out or be refunded and threw with them. The worker also told me we would have to trade me out if I have the same problem with my vehicle and when I mentioned it he denied it because the engine has a warranty. I also want my invoice on repairs and mileage on this car if I don't get my issue resolved.

Credit Now Auto Sales repaired Ms. ******'s vehicle as agreed by our limited warranty. We put a motor but the motor went bad. The motor did have a warranty on it and could have been replaced but Ms. ****** did not want the vehicle any longer at that point. She did not want to keep the vehicle even if it was repaired at no charge to her. So because we try to take care of our customer's to the best of our ability we offered to trade her out of the vehicle. We have been working on this for Ms. ****** since the beginning of November. We then showed Ms. ****** other vehicles that we had available and left it upto her if she wanted to trade or repair the ******. We put her in a vehicle to test and see if she liked it around November 13th. She is currently in one of our vehicles and is trying to make a decision on which vehicle she would like to trade to. We have an appointment on December 13th for her to come in and look at another vehicle. At that time she is going to decide if she wants to trade or wait until we get a vehicle that she likes more. She said she did not need a vehicle at this time so she did not want to rush to choose. She stated that she did understand that we can not keep her in a loaner vehicle for much longer. I did tell her we could use the part of her down payment that we had agreed upon as her down payment for another vehicle. The customer seems satisfied with this decision at this point. Please let us know if you need any further response regarding this matter.

The same day my car and back from their shop my engine light came on. My car engine is now making a clicking noise and still has an awful smell coming through the vents. I still have no proper documents showing the true miles on this engine. I refuse to pay for a vehicle that is not a good working vehicle and not knowing the miles as I previously stated. I would lie to solve this issue outside of court but they haven't said one word to me about making it right.

I just wanted to send you an update on Mrs. ******. We did not have a vehicle that Mrs. ****** was interested in at this time so we refunded her the principal which she had paid on the 2003 ****** ****** in the amount of $1815.02. If you need anything further please let us know.

10/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was lied to about credit reporting.
****** says she will call back next day with proper information I need and never calls back.
When I first purchased my 2002 Nissan Xterra in June 2013 I was told by ****** that this was going to be turned into the credit agencies in order to build my credit. In June of this year I found out that this has not been reported to any credit agencies. Soon after I purchased the car I started having engine trouble. The vehicle had to be towed to credit now twice for the same problem. Supposedly the Nissan was repaired both times. According to ****** her mechanic said it was the fuel pump. The car ran fine for about six months and then starting doing the same thing it did before. I took it to my own mechanic and he said the problem was never fixed just rigged to get it to work. my mechanic had made the statement he is surprised that the vehicle did not blow up. He said were it was not fixed properly that it was burning wires. I spent over 300 dollars in parts to have the fuel pump fixed properly and for a new wiring harness to be put in. I have many issues with ****** saying she will call me with important information on my payments and she never returns my calls. I have had her call me a liar on the phone (I have witness to this conversation between her and I) ****** says she will call me back the next day and I never hear from her again. my mom has called (she is the co signer) about information, she lies to her and never calls her back. I called within the last week for information about when my payments are due she said she would call the next day. I have yet to hear from her. In September 2013 I had my oil changed and the mechanic checked my air filters and showed me that they were completely molded. I was also pregnant at the time and was breathing the mold in.
yes I am one payment behind due to switching from by weekly to monthly. I was under the impression it was switched to monthly because I never received a phone call stating other wise. I have been paying monthly since June 2014 (330 a month.) I received a call in august 2014 saying I was 500 dollars behind (I haven't missed a payment but in July when I paid 171.00 instead of 330.) I was then told by someone other then ****** that I was never switched over. I called and talked to ****** the next day and asked since it never got switch to monthly when my payments are due now and she said she would call me the next day. That was last Tuesday. I have yet to hear from her.

I would like them to take the car back without any penalties because I am tired of dealing with these problems and them not being resolved!

In response to the BBB Complaint against Credit Now filed by ***** **** on Aug. 16th 2014:

This letter is intended to respond to the allegations made by ***** **** in her complaint to the Better Business Bureau ("BBB") on Aug. 16th 2014 regarding Credit Now Auto Sales, Inc. ("Credit Now"). At the time that Ms. **** purchased her vehicle, Credit Now was reporting payments to ********** and likely informed Ms. **** of this reporting activity. If none of her payments are showing on her credit bureau report she may need to contact Transunion to get more information.

As it relates to the complaints regarding the maintenance and repair of her vehicle, Ms. **** became responsible for the repair and maintenance of her vehicle when she purchased it, subject to the 6 month 6,000 mile warranty provided by Credit Now. The service records for Ms. ****'s vehicle show she only has 3 tickets. The first ticket relates to a repair to her rearview mirror that we promised to repair at the time of the sale. We ordered the needed part and completed the promised repair as well as charging her AC unit and replacing her gas cap at no charge. The second ticket is dated Sept. 12, 2013 and related to a replacement of her fuel pump. Ms. **** was charged her warranty deductible of $100 and her fuel pump was replaced. The third ticket was related to replacing the starter on her vehicle. Again, we repaired that issue under her warranty and did not charge her a deductible. Ms. **** never communicated to Credit Now any other issues with her vehicle, including those alleged in her complaint to the BBB. She has provided no documentation of the alleged issues or repairs and made no allegation that said repairs should have been covered under the warranty provided to her by Credit Now.

As it relates to the allegations in Ms. ****'s complaint regarding her past due payments and Credit Now's collection efforts, Credit Now responds as follows: ******* **** emphatically denies that she ever called Ms. **** a liar. Mrs. **** has never called a customer a liar and neither she nor the company would ever benefit from making such a statement. Mrs. ****, as well as other employees of Credit Now, have made every effort, in a professional manner, to help and work with Ms. **** on her account issues. As detailed more fully below, when Ms. **** does respond to collection activity she makes requests to change her pay schedule, which we have tried to accommodate despite no obligation to do so.

On May 29th Ms. **** called and spoke to ***** (a former Collections Manager) and requested bi-monthly payments on 1st and 15th that coincided with her husband's pay periods. She called back on June 3rd and spoke to ******* **** (General Manager) and stated she wanted to change to monthly payments to be due on the 15th of each month. Mrs. **** told Ms. **** that she would put the request through for approval, but that Credit Now had to have consecutive payments showing she could make the monthly obligation before the change would be fully approved. On June 17, 2014, Ms. **** paid $341.96 which was the balance due to bring her account current at that time. Ms. **** then failed to make her next payment which was due on July 15, 2014. Ms. **** called Mrs. **** back on July 19th and stated she was in Florence, Alabama and that she was going to get her husband to sign an ACH form to allow her payments to be automatically deducted from her account. She said she would call Ms. **** back when she had this done. Ms. **** was informed that when she made her monthly payment Ms. **** would try to get the Amendment approved so Ms. **** could sign the paperwork while she was in town. Ms. **** subsequently called back and said she was changing her mind and she wanted to keep the payments the way they were and just get it caught up by the end of the month. Ms. **** then made a payment of $171.00 on July 22, 2014, but did not catch up the account at the end of the month. Ms. ****'s co-buyer called while Mrs. **** was not at the office and wanted to speak directly with Mrs. **** regarding the account. Despite being off work, Ms. **** called the co-buyer from her cell phone trying to accommodate her. The co-buyer stated that Ms. **** was not going to be able to catch up the account and needed to be monthly. Mrs. **** offered to return the co-buyer's call after she was able to go to the office to review the account. After reviewing the account, Mrs. **** attempted to call the co-buyer later that same day but the call was not answered nor returned. Credit Now received a payment on August 15, 2014 in the amount of $330.00 and that was the last payment made by Ms. ****. Credit Now called several times to get arrangements after the Sept. payment was missed. The first returned call we received after payment was missed was on Sept. 24th and Credit Now was first informed that a complaint had been made to the BBB.

It is important to note that Ms. **** never made these complaints directly to Credit Now and only submitted a complaint to the BBB after she was past due on her account and receiving collections calls. Currently Ms. **** is $854.54 behind on her payments and she is still currently set up on a bi-weekly payment plan. Credit Now is still willing to work with Ms. **** on her payment due dates if she can make the monthly payments of $330.00 on or before the 15th of each month on a consecutive basis. She would be required to pay the late fee for the month of September along with her Sept. payment that is past due. She is also required to provide proof of full coverage insurance with correct lien and deductible information as well as proof of current residence.

I have had many issues with this business. I have been lied to more then once. I have been called a liar and have been told while my car was under warranty that it was properly fixed and I was told by my mechanic that it never was. I had to pay a hundred dollars while my car was still in warranty for something that was never fixed. NO my car was never reported to a credit agency. I was told when I first bought the car that it would be and was never told other wise. I have found out by more then one credit agency that my car was NOT reported on my credit. I have always been up to date on my payments until july when I paid half of the 330. I quit making payments when I contacted the bbb. My last payment was august 15th. Credit now can come get my car because I am done being lied to over and over again. I call about important information and ****** never calls back. I still do not know when my payments are due since it never got switched over ****** said she would call and still hasnt the only call I have got has been from lauren asking when I was going to make my payment. ****** called saying they would come get my car and they are more then welcome to because I do not want to deal with this business anymore. I do not want to be penalized for them coming to get my car. If I am not penalized they are more then welcome to have it back. I will not be paying anymore payments. Thank you.

04/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I got the car in April ot 2013
I got my truck in April of 2013 I pay 154.99 bi-weekly I pay on time im nt late on my payment okay the day I got the truck on my way home the check engine light come on so I called to them that it came on so she said bring it in so my we can look at it to see what it is so I did and they there was nothing wrong so the light was still on now at this point it flashing so I take it back in and come find out they have to put a motor in the truck so they gave me car to for bout a month so I get my truck back and it was not a week later something else go wrong back in the shop it go im without a car to drive so I get it back and it want start they came and got it the point im getting to is this truck stay in the shop more then I got have it now it got go back in the shop for the transmission and on my way home last night it felt like the motor is bout to come out the bottom of the truck or wheels bout come off or something I dnt feel safe in the this truck I have kids what if we get somewhere and this happens to me when my kids are in the car with me and all I ask is if I can get a trade for a better car I was told no if they can fix they don't trade it they are not fixing the problem they making it even worse I'm not asking for no money back I asking for a better car I no I bought it as is but it was under warranty time they was fixing it if got to pay my money for car payment its goin be on something that can stay on the road for get time all I'm asking is for a better car if I have to take them to court about I will or just give me my money I put in the car im about to be without a car for I dont no how long I have a job to get to my kids have school I dnt have nobody that will take me here and there so please do something about this

All im asking is for trade for a better car or if not my Money back

The business states they made several repairs to this vehicle at no cost to the consumer. They also provided a loaner vehicle while her car was in the shop. The consumer wanted to dealership to put her into another car. The dealer declined that request. Shortly after the consumer turned her car in.

They didn't give me a loaner car while my truck was in the shop they fix my truck cause it was still in warrant and then after that I had go pay every time it was in thr shop that truck stayed in my driveway almost a month before they came and got it so all I want is my money I put in on my truck thats all they is llie to make thry self look good I will be goin to talk to a lawyer about this to get my money back

Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Financing