Last year, consumers turned to the Better Business Bureau 87 million times to help them find trustworthy businesses and charities. Now they can have that information in the palm of their hand with the release of the official BBB Search app, a convenient, mobile BBB solution available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. The app was approved by the Apple Store and is available for download.
“For 100 years, BBB has been the trusted source for unbiased information on businesses and charities,” said Gary Almond, president of BBB serving Northeast California. “We have data on more than 4 million businesses in the United States and Canada – an amazing wealth of information to help consumers find trustworthy businesses and to help them avoid those that are not. We are excited to offer this information to consumers on the go.”
BBB Search features include:
• Search for local businesses by name, phone, URL, or category type
• Search via current location or specified city, state or ZIP code
• Display search results in list or map views
• Access previous searches through the history menu
• View the BBB Business Review for every business listing, complete with BBB Rating, contact info, BBB Accreditation status, consumer complaint history, and more
• Save a listed business's info to Favorites or iOS contacts
• Share a business's BBB Business Review URL via email, Twitter, or Facebook
• Find a local BBB near you
• Read the latest BBB Consumer News
Today’s launch follows a successful soft launch in June, with additional enhancements and fixes:
• BBB Consumer News now includes a "pull down to update" feature.
• BBB Business Reviews display a mobile-optimized interface within the app.
• The ZIP code keyboard now supports letters for Canadian postal codes.
• If a ZIP code was set in the Search Options, that ZIP code is also used as the default location for the Find a BBB search field.
• Tapping on Find a BBB automatically displays the closest BBB location based on current ZIP code setting.
• When adding a selected business to iOS contacts, the business's phone number is now always included.
• Improved error handling with more descriptive and user-friendly messages.
• Several minor bug fixes have been implemented and a reported crash bug on iOS 3.x devices is now fixed.
BBB Search 1.1 is available as a free app download on Apple's iOS App Store for devices running iOS 3.1 or higher. An Internet connection is required.