Regardless of who you are rooting for during Super Bowl LI, nobody wants to lose money on a bad deal when buying team t-shirts or tickets.
Better Business Bureau wants consumers to avoid dishonest offers that may attract the eye of avid sports fans. Below, we tackle what to look for and what to pass on all together.
Ticket Sales: Don’t get sacked on ticket purchases for Super Bowl 2017.
- Buy tickets from reputable businesses that are members of the National Association of Ticket Brokers (NATB) or other notable trade associations.
- Look for businesses with refund and guarantee policies to ensure tickets arrive on time.
- Pay with a credit card, so the charges may be disputed if purchasing issues arise.
- Look for fine print that may include hidden charges or processing and handling fees before completing your order. Additional fees may be a percentage of the purchase price or a flat rate that can be $100 or more!
Counterfeit Merchandise: If you’re looking for the cheapest jersey possible, you could end up with a counterfeit. Counterfeit items are most often poor quality, extremely difficult return, and slow to arrive.
- Shop with licensed vendors that offer authentic products and provide transparent refund and exchange policies prior to purchase.
- Inquire about a certificate of authenticity, so you know what you’re buying.
- Authentic jerseys often have sewn on tackle twill whereas replicas have screen printed names and numbers.
- If you know the year your jersey was worn by your favorite team, check out game photos online before purchasing your jersey. The comparison will help to validate authenticity.
Be Proactive: Ultimately, you’re responsible for ensuring that you’re pleased with your purchase.
- Do your research on bbb.org before making a purchase. Be on the lookout for any red flags.
- If businesses have poor ratings, a large number of complaints concerning poor quality, wrong merchandise shipments, delayed shipments, warranty or guarantee issues, you may want to look elsewhere.
BBB wants you to shop with confidence and only use reputable and trustworthy businesses. With due diligence, you can intercept knock-off retailers and feel like you’ve made a touchdown. Go to bbb.org/search to find BBB Accredited Businesses or click here to file a complaint.