Here's some helpful tips from your BBB on Cleaning Services:
1. If you are considering hiring a private individual for cleaning as opposed to a professional cleaning service, keep in mind that you will be responsible for Social Security and other taxes, just as an employer would be.
2. A cleaning service should be able to provide written proof of their bonding and insurance, in case of damage or loss. Ask for a copy of this information.
3. Written contracts are generally not provided in the industry, but you can request written confirmation of the tasks to be performed, the price and time of service.
4. Cleaning services will usually provide their own cleaning supplies and equipment, but make sure to ask who will be responsible for this.
5. Always ask for at least three references and make sure to follow up on them. Also, for cleaning services, check them out with BBB.
6. Before a price is confirmed, a representative of the service or the private individual should come out for a visual inspection of your home to determine size, condition, and number of rooms to be cleaned. Be cautious of a price over the phone without a visit to your home.
7. Standard cleaning services provided are top to bottom cleaning of bathrooms, cleaning of all kitchen surfaces-including outside of cabinets and all appliances, complete dusting, cleaning and vacuuming of floors, and changing of bed linens. Cleaning services will usually provide additional services, but there is an extra cost. Make sure to ask.