Southeastern Virginia & Northeastern North Carolina

Web Hosting Hub

Phone: (877) 595-4482Fax: (757) 340-1990

15 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 7 closed in last 12 months

06/12/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This service has bombarded us with an influx of spam and spoof emails and the refuse to do anything about it.
My name is ***** *****. I am the IT manager here at **** ***** **** ******* and we have our website and email hosted with Web Hosting Hub. I have worked in the IT and IT security field for 10+ years. My previous experience is running IT security and management for the US army as an enlisted service member and also as a Department of Defense contracted employee after leaving active federal service. I have worked with multiple types of email servers, exchange servers as well as several other hosting companies on the civilian side including *********** and ******** and in all my experience I have never seen an influx of spam and spoof emails as I have in the last few months working with this company. I have heard all the excuses they have given me and that's all they are is excuses. I can assure you that every one of my end users is using virus protection and everyone in this office is aware of safe emailing best practices as I have trained my employees as such.

I have hosted domains with multiple email addresses on other companies servers before and never had the amount of security breaches that I see with this company. The first time I brought this issue to their customer service departments attention I was told that I needed to purchase a third party spam filter. If that is the case then why are we paying them? Let me ask you, how would you feel if all your employees were bombarded with spam/spoof emails throughout the day to the point that it interferes with their work?

I can certainly understand one or two spam emails getting through from time to time but that is not the case here. This is a barrage of malicious emails posing as other companies (Xerox, American Express, Chase, Bank of America) all with attachments that contain trojan viruses or worse. I am holding this company personally responsible for this because I do not believe that their other customers are dealing with this nor do I believe that they are brushed aside as quickly as their representatives like to disregard me and my complaints.

Their system either does not have proper protocols in place to filter out these malicious emails or they simply don't care about the account they have with my company. They try and tell me that there is nothing they can do about it but what they didn't count on was the fact that they are now dealing with an IT professional who is calling them out on their excuses.

Either the issue is resolved by then end of this week or I will inform the CEO that we are moving our site to another more secure hosting service.

I want the spam and spoof email security issue resolved. ASAP

We'd like to sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience that *** ***** has experienced recently with his email service. We want to assure *** ***** that we understand how important reliable service is to all of our customers and know that the type of email problems our customer experienced can be very frustrating to a business. Our Customer Care Manager has spoken with *** ***** and was able to address his concerns regarding the problems he experienced recently with his email service. Unfortunately, the issues that *** ***** and the other users on his account experienced regarding spoofed email, as well as an influx of spam messages, can be rather difficult to completely mitigate due to the nature of spam/spoofed emails.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience that *** ***** experienced and will continue to work with him to ensure that any outstanding concerns he may still have are fully addressed and that he is satisfied with the level of service and support received from our company going forward.

11/24/2014Problems with Product / Service