BBB Accredited Business since 02/25/1998

One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

Additional Complaint Information

This company offers all customers a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. If you have done business with One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning and have any concerns with the work performed, One Hour asks that you allow the company the opportunity to respond to your concerns before filing a complaint with BBB. To do so, please visit the company's website at http://www.classicairsonehour.com and click on the "Contact" tab on the right hand side of the page, and then complete the form. Consumers who do not have access to the internet my contact One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning directly at 757-490-2785.

04/23/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

One Hour recommends unneeded work and then does not stand behind the work they do. Customer service does not respond to email.
In May 2014, One Hour repaired our upstairs air conditioner, replacing a dual capacitor, and adding refrigerant and doing a search. I also signed up for their club pricing. My total bill was ***** In March 2015 I received a Free Super Tune Up offer from them. I scheduled the Tune Up. Two techs were in my home for 4 hours doing the tune up, after which they said I needed repairs totaling about ***** or I should replace my system as it is 12 years old. Reluctantly I had the repairs done even though these repairs were not recommended when the system was evaluated 10 months earlier. Two days later I noticed my heat not working so One Hour came back out and told me that they forgot to turn the gas back on. A week after that I noticed my cooling was not working. Once again One Hour came out, this time within 10 minutes they said it was a leaking evaporator coil and the repair would range from **** to ****** I questioned them on how it was not found when they completed a leak search in May and then spent 4 hours tuning up the system a couple of weeks ago. The tech said it was a "tough leak to find" which I found amazing as it only took them 10 minutes. I paid the **** repair bill again.

I would like a refund of the **** I just spent again on the same repair i paid for in May as well as a refund of the **** in unnecessary repairs i was told i needed during the super tune up. Additionally I would like to take advantage of the **** ****** ******* guarantee.

We spoke to the customer on 4/14/15 because he had given us a poor *** ******** ***** ****** I called ** and spoke to him about his *** score. First I thanked him for the feedback as that is how we get better as a company. I then asked him to explain his experiences with us. He told me that someone came out May of last year and added refrigerant to his system but couldn't find a leak. Then he had the ********* **** ** ***** done and the technician recommended another **** worth of repairs which he did. Then shortly after another tech had to come out for a "No Heat" call and found that the gas valve was shut off. ** said that he wasn't upset about that because mistakes happen. Then a week later he called us for a "No Cool" call and the tech found the system low on refrigerant again. He said that he just added refrigerant a year ago and then had someone out 2 weeks before that didn't say anything about refrigerant and now he is paying **** for it. He then said that the first Comfort Advisor that went out was a horrible experience. He said that he was just trying to get an idea of how much the system cost because he had no idea. Our rep told him that if he wasn't going to decide today that he didn't want to waste his time and give him a price (we gave him a "ballpark" price). ** said that the 2nd experience was a great experience. I apologized to ** for falling short of exceptional customer service as that is our goal. I explained that the systems are under extreme amounts of pressure and before last May the last time we saw the system was 2012 yet we only added 1 lb of refrigerant. I explained that if we had to add it again that means the leak is getting larger and unfortunately he has old systems and it is going to happen .. I told him that we offer 100% Satisfaction and asked what would make him happy. He said that refunding the **** would begin to take the bad taste out of his mouth. I told him that I would be more than happy to do that for him. I also told him that any questions about the estimate or any of the visits with the techs to call us. We refunded the customer **** on April 14th after the discussion.

06/20/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On 4/17/2014 One Hour serviced and sold us a maintenance contract.Our unit was fine. On 6/15/2014 we called One Hour for service.
. Indoor and Heat Pump both icing up. Unit stopped working. We were told either take an X:XX -X:XXAM appointment or wait 5 days. We were told we would be charged a ****** service and a ** **** reduction on parts would be charged. Falen stated this.
**** arrived and said we would have to pay ******* to de-ice before he could work on the unit.This is on top of the ******* He was pleasant but said we could refuse this and pay ******* We paid. I told him I was disable and we needed air conditioning.(I have **** as well as other issues: Disabled Veteran) He said we probably would not be charged the **** and we probably could get an appointment today (6/16/2014).He still charged us *******
I spoke with **** at One Hour this morning and he said the 20th was the earliest we could get an appointment.
**** stated that we had talked with an answering service and they didn't understand heat-pumps. We told him then the customer should be able to talk with someone who knows what is going on before a technician arrives and springing additional charges on customers and then leaving them with no service.
Two months ago our unit had no problems and today it doesn't work because we refused to pay additional charges. One employee tells you one thing and another tells you something else. When they sold us the contract we were promised all these advantages yet it seems like bait and switch to me.

Indoor and Heat Pump both icing up. Unit stopped working. We were told either take an 9:30 -1:30AM appointment or wait 5 days. We were told we would be charged a ****** service and a ** **** reduction on parts would be charged. Falen stated this.
**** arrived and said we would have to pay ******* to de-ice before he could work on the unit. He was pleasant but said we could refuse this and pay ******* We paid. I told him I was disable and we needed air conditioning.(I have **** as well as other issues: ******** ******** He said we probably would not be charged the **** and we probably could get an appointment today (6/16/2014).He still charged us *******

We want all monies paid One Hour including the service call of 4/17/2014. Apparently the unit wasn't completely okay and their service didn't work when we were promised it would. In my opinion they use BAIT AND SWITCH.

06/25/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues
11/22/2013Problems with Product / Service
08/08/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues
08/08/2013Problems with Product / Service
06/07/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues

Heating & Air Conditioning, Heat Recovery Equipment & Systems, Electric Heating Elements, Ventilating Systems - Cleaning, Air Duct Systems, Air Duct Cleaning, Duct Cleaning, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Repair, Gas Water Heaters, Heat Exchangers, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Bio Heating Contractors, Geothermal Heating & Cooling, Ventilating Contractors, Mechanical Contractors, Heating Contractors, Heat Pumps, Contractor - Electrical, Heating & Air Conditioning, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems