Tips on Hiring a Limousine Service
Whether you're planning transportation for a wedding, prom orfor an important business associate or client, being well informed isthe key to having a safe and satisfying ride. To reduce the risk of ano-show, getting poor service, or not getting what you expected, theBetter Business Bureau (BBB) recommends the following tips beforehiring a limousine service provider:
- Check references.Choose an experienced, reputable company with numerous references. If acompany can demonstrate that they have successfully operated for manyyears and has a solid reputation for quality and safety, you areprobably in good hands. Contact your BBB for a reliability report.
- Askfor proof of insurance. Operators should be eager to provide proof ofvalid, current insurance coverage for their fleet. Be aware that somelimousine service providers insure their vehicles under a personal autopolicy, if at all. Personal auto insurance policies rarely cover theclients who hire the vehicle.
- For service taking you oryour party across state lines, check with that state for regulationsand compliance. In some states, the vehicle can be stopped andimmediately impounded if found not in compliance.
- Seekquality chauffeurs. A professional chauffeur is equally as important tothe success of your event as a nice vehicle. Choose a provider thatplaces a high value on the caliber of their chauffeurs.
- Geteverything in writing. Special occasions, such as birthdays, weddingsand proms, commonly require personalized attention to your specificrequirements. The more specific your requirements, the further inadvance you should reserve and pay for your limousine. When doing so,insist on a written contract that clearly states all details of yourreservation.
- Know your rights. Inquire about the company's cancellation policy and get a copy in writing.
Lookbefore you buy. If you haven't used the provider before and timeallows, visit the company in person before hiring them. The time tofind out what you're getting is not on the date of the special occasion.