BBB Business Review
This Business is not BBB accredited
Phone: (631) 750-0300 Fax: (631) 750-9617 500 Middle Country Road, St. James , NY 11780
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
On 9/11/2014 this business’s accreditation in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to its failure to adhere to the BBB requirement that: 6A. Promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB by:
- Resolving the complaint directly with the complainant and notifying BBB, or
- Providing BBB with a response that BBB determines:
- is professional,
- addresses all of the issues raised by the complainant,
- includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business' position, and
- explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for Global Warranty Group, LLC include:
- Failure to respond to 97 complaints filed against business
- BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to honor its accreditation agreement with BBB.
- Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||327|
|Total Closed Complaints||652|
Additional Complaint Information
BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints concerning consumers who purchased an extended warranty/protection plan for their mobile phones from Global Warranty Group (GWG). Many consumers are telling BBB that they filed a claim for a broken or lost phone with GWG. But after paying the deductible, these consumers allege that GWG told them that the phone they want is out of stock; however, they are informed that they will be sent a check to cover the cost of a new phone. Numerous consumers that filed claims with GWG report that they never received a check or a replacement phone from the company. Multiple consumers are also telling BBB that they are encountering difficulty in getting a response from the company about the status of their claim.
Type of Entity
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
EXTENDED WARRANTY CONTRACT SERVICE COMPANIES MOBILE TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES APPLIANCES-SMALL-SERVICE & REPAIR