This Business is not BBB accredited
Webair Internet Development Inc.
Phone: (516) 938-4100 501 Franklin Avenue, Ste 200, Garden City, NY 11520
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that raised the rating for Webair Internet Development Inc. include:
- Length of time business has been operating.
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size.
- Response to 2 complaint(s) filed against business.
- Resolution of complaint(s) filed against business.
- BBB has sufficient background information on this business.
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||2|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Michael Orza, CEO
THIS LOCATION IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED
501 Franklin Avenue, Ste 200
Garden City, NY 11520 Directions
What is a BBB Business Review?
We offer free reviews on businesses that include background, licensing, consumer experience and other information such as governmental actions that is known to BBB. These reviews are provided for businesses that are BBB accredited and also for businesses that are not BBB accredited.
About BBB Business Review Content & Services:
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content & services in BBB Business Reviews.
The additional content & services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release.
Not all enhanced content & services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the business within two business days. The business will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the business's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
BBB Reporting Policy
As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business.
BBB Business Reviews are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Information in this BBB Business Review is believed reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy.
BBB business Reviews generally cover a three-year reporting period. BBB Business Reviews are subject to change at any time.
Complaint Trends - Last 3 Years
Customer Review Trends
Problems with Product/Service
Read Complaint Details
Complaint: Webair has come highly recommended. I choose to have a dedicated virtual server, I was promised that their services are flawless and in case of any problems my websites will be switched to another server so my websites would have a constant service, since this morning all my 3 web based stores are down, nobody does anything, my customers are calling me to find out what happend, they can not make any purchases. I am loosing money and credibility Recently, I spent over $2000 on advertising my websites, and my websites are down. also, 3 months ago while switching web hosts my websites were down because they did not make a copy of the data, only because of 2 very skillful technicians we were able to restore the websites. no manager ever called us.
Desired Settlement: After the first problem we were told that we will give us couple of months free, that never happened, we are still paying $84 a month. I want my websites working flawlessly and some credit for the lost time
We spoke directly with client during the time this was filed. We resolved all outstanding issues with his website and he has confirmed that the sites are loading fine and is very happy with our service and support. Plus he canceled this complaint as he is very happy.
As per our conversation over the phone last week, I'm writing you to let you know that Mr. *******' accusations are false. Webair did indeed host his 3 websites. Webair did provide the client with the services that he signed up for. Mr. ******* started out on a very small hosting package that was unable to keep up with the load he was putting on the server. This is typical when heavier traffic sites, large or heavy databases, large code or even badly written code is put online without the proper resources. He then upgraded to a more sufficient hosting package that was $140 Monthly. This temporarily relieved the issue but because of some poorly written code, the websites started causing an issue with Caching the sites content thus caused problems with keeping the site online due to this.
Better Business Bureau:
The statement provided by Webair in response to our complaint, is misleading, and does not address any of the problems that occurred, and in addition is false in it's entirety,
1. Webair claims that the services we contracted was on a very small server - UNTRUE, prior to contracting Webair for our hosting needs, we spoke with their technicians, who checked the technical data ( amount of usage, etc) and the Webair sales rep CHOOSE the server that suited our needs, on several occasions, we informed the technicians that our websites are in fact e-commerce stores with inventory changing daily. Our websites were put on a Virtual Personal Server called ********** ***, which had a storing ability way above our needs. Ironically Webair on their website that promotes the Virtual Personal Servers has the following statement
"Our ENTERPRISE CLASS VPS (Virtual Private Server) high speed hosting solutions, offer the flexibility and support to handle any size client. From personal web hosting pages to high bandwidth web hosting services, let our team help you decide what best suits your needs. Our expert consultants will walk you through every step of the process!"
So, I assume the above statement is just for marketing? and it's a lie? since the server we had was 2nd on it's list being one of the best.
2. Our problems started on January 10, 2013, when the server owned and managed by Webair - and hosting our 3 websites crushed, first of all Webair had no knowledge about the server crush, and we had to inform them that our websites are down !! despite the fact, that Webair's policy is to transfer the websites to a backup server within 1 hour. our websites were down for more then 12 hours. After the fact we were informed by Webair technicians that our server's capacity is too small and we have to move to a better server - another lie, so we did, after the transfer to a new, better server, our websites was loading very slowly, there was a problems with adding items to the stores, it was taking several hours for the item to show on our websites, we reported the problems to Webair on several occasions, and we were lied to constantly, that this was our problem and the problem with the coding at our end. On March 10, 2013 we retained a highly experienced Web Developing/Server administrator, , and his finding concluded that ALL THE PROBLEMS WITH OUR WEBSITES were caused by WEBAIR, their negligence. His findings were, that while the websites were transferred to a new servers the files associated with our websites WERE CORRUPTED, the problem with caching, and several other issues ( as Mr. ********* stated in his response to you) was caused by WEBAIR, furthermore, we also contacted another IT Company to check the findings in this case, and they confirmed that. ( available upon request). For 2 weeks, our specialist along with Webair technicians ( according to the statement provided to you by Mr. *********, Webair charges $150/hr) if it was our problem why the repair tickets were issued? why did technicians were working on it? to me it clearly showed the admission of guilt. Our specialist was denied access to certain logs, and at the end informed us, that the problem is on WEbair server, he advised us to move our sites to a different company. Because of the negliegent actions of Webair we suffered sufficient monetary loss.
In their response to you Mr. ********* indicated that we are liars and we are making false accusations, when in fact we have more then enough proof to expose the unethical and negligent actions done by this company.
BBB's Final Determination: After reviewing the position of all parties, BBB determined that the business made a reasonable effort to address the complaint. However the consumer remains dissatisfied.
|11/21/2011||Problems with Product/Service|