Every state has a lemon law. The BBB AUTO LINE program assists consumers with vehicle warranty complaints for participating manufacturers in Kentucky (see below).
Questions? Contact us. | Learn more about BBB AUTO LINE.
Kentucky Lemon Law Summary
The Kentucky lemon law applies to a motor vehicle that:
- Is intended primarily for use and operation on the public highways;
- Is required to be registered or licensed in Kentucky prior to such use or operation;
- Has been finally and completely assembled and is in the possession of a manufacturer, factory branch, distributor, wholesaler, or an authorized motor vehicle dealer; and
- Is in fact new and on which the original title has not previously been issued;
The lemon law does not cover motor homes, motorcycles, mopeds, vehicles with more than 2 axles, farm tractors and other farm machines, and vehicles substantially altered after the initial sale from a dealer to an individual.
A “new motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle that:
- Has been finally and completely assembled;
- Is in the possession of a manufacturer, factory branch, distributor, or authorized dealer; and
- Is in fact new and on which the original title has never been issued.
Full Ky. Lemon Law summary | More Ky. Lemon Law info
Manufacturers participating in Kentucky: