This business is not BBB accredited.
Country Wide Sales and Rental
Phone: (505) 369-5890 Fax: (800) 750-1072 500 Marquette Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This company's business is offering timeshare resales and rental services for an advance fee.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for Country Wide Sales and Rental include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- No complaints filed with BBB
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||0|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Type of Entity
Business ManagementMr. Nelson Silver, Agent
Timeshare Resale and Rental Marketing
Alternate Business NamesCountry Wide Sales & Rental CountryWide Sales & Rental
BBB offers the following advice to timeshare owners who are looking for help in selling their timeshare:
* Confirm Licensing Requirements - Some timeshare resellers will use fake addresses or PO boxes in order to mislead timeshare owners. Confirm where the company is located and in what states it does business. Ask if the company's salespeople are licensed to sell real estate where your timeshare is located. If so, verify this with the state licensing board.
* Get the Facts on the Figures - Find out if the business charges a commission. Do they handle the entire closing and provide escrow services? Do they charge an up-front listing or advertising fee? What does it cover and is it refundable?
* Be Wary of Upfront Fees - Many complainants to BBB were burned by companies charging an advance "appraisal" fee for services or were told that they just had to pay closing costs and the timeshare would be taken off their hands. Consider opting for a company that offers to sell for a fee only after the timeshare is sold.
* Don't Fall for the Hard Sell or an Offer that Sounds Too Good to Be True - Don't agree to anything over the phone but instead ask the salesperson to send you written materials; take the time to think it over and don't be pressured. Unscrupulous timeshare resellers may claim that your property is in demand and they can sell it immediately; unfortunately, these promises are often empty. The
BBB develops a Business Review on a firm based on inquiry or complaint activity. BBB has not received a sufficient volume of requests for information, nor has BBB received any complaints on this firm to warrant the development of a Business Review. The information provided, however limited, is presented to assist you in your purchasing decisions or for any other purpose you deem relevant. BBB suggests you read and understand company promotional materials and contracts and check company references and licensing, where applicable.
Additional Tradenames, Addresses & Phone Numbers
We are in the process of developing a Business Review on this company. We are asking any consumers who have contacted this company to please call our offices at (505) 346-0110 to provide additional information. As of September 21, 2011, Country Wide Sales and Rental does not have a business permit in Albuquerque, NM, and no record of incorporation can be found for New Mexico. BBB Serving New Mexico and Southwest Colorado is unable to verify the company's physical location in Albuquerque, NM.