This business is not BBB accredited.
Phone: (505) 359-4860 Fax: (505) 359-7075 400 Gold Ave SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102 ! There is an alert on Chicago International Group !
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for Chicago International Group include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- Failure to respond to 2 complaint(s) filed against business
- Failure to have a required competency license
- Complaint volume filed with BBB for business of this size
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||1|
|Total Closed Complaints||2|
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||0|
Licensing, Bonding or Registration
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
New Mexico Financial Institutions Division
2550 Cerrillos Rd 3rd Floor, Santa Fe NM 87505
Phone Number: (505) 476-4885
Fax Number: (505) 476-4670
BBB confirmed that Chicago International Group had not obtained a necessary license from New Mexico Financial Institutions Division.
Business ManagementMr. Tom Peterson, Representative
Timeshare Resale and Rental Marketing Escrow Service
Additional Tradenames, Addresses & Phone Numbers
The address provided is a multi-story, multi-business office building, each ?business tenant having their own suite number, or occupying an entire floor. The business has not provided a distinguishing suite or floor number and BBB has confirmed the business is not located in the building. Consumers are instructed to wire money to banks in Guadalajara, Jalisco region of Mexico, the business website is registered through a website privacy registration service based out of Queensland, Australia, and the location of the business' IP address is in France. BBB Serving New Mexico and Southwest Colorado is unable to verify the true location of this business.
If you own a vacation timeshare, be very cautious about people offering to help you resell it for a fee. Many of these sales programs are bogus and the company may not be involved in real estate. Timeshare advertising companies only agree to use due diligence to advertise the timeshare week for sale by owner. In most advertising agreements, no mention is made of location, circulation, or how your timeshare is to be marketed.
Some timeshare resellers require an advance "listing" fee. These fees run from $300 to $500. In most cases, the only way to receive a refund is if they sell your timeshare.
If you want to resell your timeshare and are approached by a company offering to help, consider these precautions:
1. Don't agree to anything over the phone.
2. Don't pay any money until you have actually read and understand the company's contract. You can choose a company that charges a fee after the timeshare is sold.
3. If there is a discrepancy in what the contract says and what the salesperson tells you, believe the contract - not the salesperson.
4. Regardless of what the salesperson tells you, do not assume there is a buyer available for your particular property. These companies only advertise properties' availability.
5. Check with other property owners in your development or with real estate agents serving the area where your property is located to determine if any sales have actually occurred through this method.
6. Find out where the company is located and where it does business. Verify with the state licensing board that the company is licensed to sell real estate where your timeshare is located.
7. Check with the BBB, state Attorney General, and local consumer protection agencies in the state where the company is located to find out the company's customer experience record.
This business advertises on their website that they provide escrow services for timeshare resales. BBB Serving New Mexico and Southwest Colorado was unable to find an active escrow license issued by the New Mexico Regulation & Licensing Department - Financial Institutions Division. BBB contacted the business and asked for current licensing information. To date, the business has not replied to our request and has not provided current license information.