In Nebraska, South Dakota, The Kansas Plains and Southwest Iowa

BBB Accredited Business since 03/17/1994

Home Pride Contractors, Inc.

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

08/23/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: Home Pride has failed to follow through with contracted business stemming from a storm in ************.
Home Pride was hired to repair/replace damage to structures. Work was partially completed (someone was on the roof doing something) however phone calls regarding remainder of work are not returned although told we will receive a call back. Company claims to not have any record of doing work for us however they did endorse and cash check of over $*********. Were informed of open claim by insurance company when attempting to change carrier of homeowners insurance. Open claim is affecting possibility of filing another claim should the need arise. Hiring another company to finish repairs, and paying for repairs so we can get full coverage through another insurance company. If company does not have record of doing work we are questioning what was done to structures when workmen were here and if cashing of check was fraudulent.

The company has looked at the property and agrees that repairs are needed. The company has left a message to schedule an appointment. Please call the company as your earliest convenience.

11/16/2012Problems with Product / Service
11/05/2012Problems with Product / Service
06/01/2012Problems with Product / Service
09/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: I hired this company in ***** to replace my roof and gutters after a hail storm. After the roof was completed there was additional damage to my gutters, as well as one gutter missing, which the roofers took with them.After two weeks of being told by the salesperson that the gutter contractors would be out within days (within the rainy season, I might add), I finally contacted the owner and was told by the owner, "I'm just the owner. I can't keep track of everyone's schedules." I was appalled.Prior to this, I had given the salesperson four additional referrals for business. I was told by the salesperson that he was going to "give me a deal" because of the referrals. I did not ask for a deal. This offer was instigated several times by the salesperson. To date, five months later, I have seen no deal. When I finally agreed to have them complete the gutters they said that because of the delay the color I wanted was not in stock. The salesperson came out with the gutter person and he stood in my driveway and agreed they could replace the one that was gone and the one that was damaged at no cost to me. When I asked to get this in writing it never happened.In mid **** I noticed that one of my new vents was dented. The salesperson said they would replace this. It is now a month later and it still has not been replaced.I will never work with nor recommend this company again. The owner took no responsibility when I called with a concern and I can no longer trust what the salesperson tells me. This is unfortunate as I felt I had hired a strong local company that would give me quality product AND service.

The company agreed to replace the vent however since the scratch did not affect the operation of the vent the replacement vent was delayed due to current workload. There is currently a outstanding balance of $******* which needs to be paid.

I appreciate the quick response. I will wait for the itemized paper copy of the bill showing amount already paid and amount due, since the amount differs from the original estimate I received in ***. I would also like a date that I can expect the damaged vent replaced since the company agrees to replace the damaged vent and I assume I will be charged for the original replacement. Thank you.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.

05/17/2013Problems with Product / Service
06/12/2012Problems with Product / Service
11/06/2012Billing / Collection Issues

Roofing Contractors, Storm Windows & Doors, Windows, Interior Finishing, Contractor - Remodel & Repair, Contractors - Gutters, Contractors - General, Painting Contractors, Construction & Remodeling Services, Windows - Installation & Service, Gutters & Downspouts, Siding Contractors