BBB Accredited Business since 10/06/2008

Big Fred's Pizza, Inc.

01/22/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

On ************* at 10:30 am I called into order ******* pizzas for that evening. The person working asked for my credit card number after I placed my order which I provided expecting full well that my card would be charged for the order. My son picked up the order at 6pm that evening and he was charged the full amount of the order $ ******. Checking my charge account two days later I found that I was also charged $ ***** , when I called the restaurant I was told by their bookkeeper ( ***** ) that she had no record of the charge and that it should drop off in a couple of days. Well needless to say that has not happened. I've contacted the fraud department at my bank to investigate the situation but believe the public should be made aware of Big Fred's actions .
Product_Or_Service: pizzas

Credit to my charge for the overpayment.

Our records indicate that Mr. ******* was overcharged for his meal. We do not, at this time, have an explanation for how the overcharge occurred, but it has never happened before and we are taking steps to ensure that it never happens again. Accordingly, Mr. ******* was promptly issued a refund check, as was his wish. Our records indicate that he has cashed the check. We consider that matter resolved and apologize to Mr. ******* for any inconvenience.

09/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Burnt pizza. Extremely over done.
On *******, I ordered a large hamburger pizza for carryout. At 9:24PM, order number *****(Number on receipt), I paid for and picked up the pizza. When I arrived home in ******************, after my first bite, I could tell that the pizza was burnt/cooked way too long. Big Fred's has great sauce, and the sauce was almost cooked out of the pizza. That night I went on Big Fred's website, and sent an email to them under their "Contact Us." To date I have not rec'd a response from Big Fred's Pizza. In my email to Big Fred's I advised that I had take a picture of the pizza as well.

It was very disappointing to receive a pizza like that noting that I had passed up some very good pizza businesses like ******, *********, plus I drove all the way to Big Fred's from ******** on my ********.

Refund back to my credit card.

Contact Name and Title: **** ******* - CEO
Contact Email: ******************************
We apologize for your pizza being overcooked and the lack of communication on your email. Unfortunately, our website is being rebuilt and the links on the previous site no longer work. As such, we never received the email and were unable to correct the situation. We would be happy to refund the cost of the pizza and replace the pizza with one that is up to our high standards. Please call the restaurant and ask for ****, ******* or ***** and it will be taken care of.

WE WERE SUPPOSE TO RECEIVE A FREE PIZZA AND REFUND, BUT BIG FRED'S EVIDENTLY DOES NOT WANT TO HONOR THEIR OWN AGREEMENT.
I HAD MADE A PREVIOUS COMPLAINT REGARDING BIG FRED'S AND BIG FRED'S HAD AGREED TO GIVE US A FREE PIZZA, AND REFUND OUR MONEY FROM A PREVIOUS PIZZA THAT WAS BURNT AND WAY OVER COOKED. I HAD AGREED TO THAT AND RESPONDED WITH SOME NICE COMMENTS ABOUT BIG FRED'S. I NOW WOULD LIKE TO TAKE BACK MY COMMENTS BECAUSE I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT BIG FRED'S WAS SINCERE IN THEIR AGREEMENT.

I WAS INSTRUCTED TO ASK FOR ****, *******, OR *****. WE LIVE IN ************, SO IT TAKES GAS AND TIME TO GET A PIZZA FROM BIG FRED'S. ON ********, AROUND 4PM, I CALLED AND ASKED FOR ****, *******, OR *****. THEY WERE NOT AVAILABLE. I EXPLAINED THE ABOVE TO THE LADY ON THE PHONE. SHE SAID THAT THERE WAS NOTHING SHE COULD DO FOR ME. I ASKED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ELSE, A MANAGER, AND FOUND OUT THAT THERE WERE NO MANAGERS ON DUTY. I TALKED TO ANOTHER PERSON, ******, AND AGAIN, I EXPLAINED THE ABOVE TO HER. SHE SAID THAT THERE WAS NOTHING THAT SHE COULD DO FOR ME. I TOLD HER THAT I HEARD ON **** THAT THERE WAS SOME TYPE OF ************ AT BIG FRED'S FROM 5 TO 7 PM, AND ASKED IF THERE WOULD BE A MANAGER AVAILABLE FOR THAT EVENT, AND SHE SAID, NO MANAGERS WOULD BE IN THE STORE YESTERDAY, EVENING, ********.

I COULD NOT BELEIVE WHAT I WAS HEARING. IT IS OBVIOUS, THAT THERE ARE SOME SERIOUS MANAGEMENT PROBLEMS AT BIG FRED'S! HOW CAN A BUSINESS HAVE A "BIG RED EVENT" ADVERTISED AND THAN NOT HAVE ANY MANAGER'S IN THE STORE. KIND OF NOW MAKES A PERSON WONDER ABOUT QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES WHICH WAS THE REASON FOR MY INITAL COMPLAINT.

WE ENDED UP ORDERING A PIZZA FROM *********. GREAT PIZZA, NO HASSLE.

Mr. ******** has received his refund. We again apologize for the inconvenience and lack of communication on this matter. After further communication with Mr. ********, he has indicated his intention to continue visiting Big Fred's Pizza.

Restaurants, Foods - Carry Out, Cocktail Lounges, Italian Food Products, Pizza