BBB Accredited Business since 01/12/2012

14 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 6 closed in last 12 months

06/22/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

cannot find out info on my order that's not been delivered order # *******
I ordered 4 items in may of this year. 2 of product # ************. 1 of product # ************ and one of product # ************. to date all phone calls, e mails and faxes have gone un answered. according to the only correspondence ive had my order was shipped on ********. this was charged to our credit card for $******..we cannot get any info from the company as to where my order is and how and when it will arrive

I want answers

We thank the customer for their feedback. The items left our facility on the ******** and have a tracking code that the customer can check at any time to see the progress of the delivery. Our Standard shipping method works with local post so whilst we can see where it is in terms of checkpoints within the postal system, we cannot find out the exact location between the locations. After checking the tracking code on the tracking website, we can see that the package has been delivered. Even though the package is listed as delivered we are in contact with the customer separately to resolve any outstanding issues and assist further.

12/18/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Product was received by me damaged and not even the same product that was shown on the website which I had purchased.
The product was received by me damaged and not even the same product that was shown on the website which I had purchased. Many pieces were missing altogether. I contacted the company 3 times via email about the issue and no one has responded even though they say they will respond within 1 business day. Product I ordered was ************************************************************************************************************************************** but I received a slimed down version missing many of the shown parts (including the center *******).

Partial refund as I only recieved part of the product they are showing on their website. Forget the fact the product arrived to me in 12 pieces and I had to glue it back together as best I could.

To whom it may concern,

We're sorry for the delayed response- we are encountering a much higher volume of emails because of the holiday and our response times are a little longer than our usual 48 hour standard.

We're sorry to hear that the item arrived broken. We would of course never ship you a broken item and the package was likely abused during transit. Therefore, we hope that you understand that we did ship your order intact and in good faith.

Regardless, we are responsible for the integrity of our packages and therefore since it arrived broken, we have refunded you in full. Should you like a replacement to be shipped to you, please let us know and we'll ship one free of charge.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and hope you understand that it was not our intention in any way and I hope that you accept the refund and reshipment offer as a gesture of goodwill.

Kind regards,

*******
World of Judaica Customer Service Manager

01/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I ordered ************ and matching **** from World of Judaica. One of the ************ was broken upon arrival. When I contacted the company, they requested a picture of the damaged item, which I sent to them. They will not take back the purchase at full refund (they charge $20% for returns). They will pay only up to $** for return postage fees. They will replace the broken part, but only at a further cost to myself. They wrote, "The supplier informed us that he normally does not make these items individually, so there would be an additional cost that we would be required to pay to receive the single *********** from him, prior to shipping it out to you. we are unable to absorb this cost completely hence the request for the additional $**. We are taking responsibility for the damage incurred, however due to the circumstances there are some slight adjustments to our return/exchange policy." I find this extremely irresponsible for a reputable company to operate in such a manner.
Product_Or_Service: ****** *********** ************ and ***
Order_Number: #******

World of Judaica will take full responsibility for costs incurred due to damaged product delivery. They will accept the return of this purchase at no cost to the buyer.

04/30/2015Problems with Product / Service
07/22/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I made my order ******* on ***********. It's ****** and I have not received anything at all. I paid for priority mail and it was supposed to take only 14 days. But now your delay is more than 1 month. I sent several emails to the Company but they just kept saying "it's on its way" 33 days is too long a delay.

a full refund of USD $****** as nothing was delivered

We would like to thank the customer for their feedback. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused while the customer had to wait for the items to be shipped. Our supplier was delayed in sending us one item in which we told the customer this was the case. We tried our very best to get the missing item to us as quickly as possible from the supplier as to not keep the customer waiting longer. We have spoken to the customer also and the customer has asked for a refund which has now been processed and the customer has been notified.

01/07/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I ordered products that totaled $****** and paid an extra $**** for 5-7 day shipping, and never received my products that I ordered on ********.
I ordered products that totaled $****** and paid an extra $**** for 5-7 day shipping, and never received my products that I ordered on ******** with order #*******. I ordered product ID#************ for $******, product ID#************ for $*****, and product ID#************ for $*****. The company offers free shipping with your order if you order more than $***, which I did. Then, since I ordered a total of $***, they had a special price on expedited shipping at a cost of $****, which I paid for and charged on my **** credit card. I have tried calling the company's customer support line at ************* several times, and no one answers the phone, it always goes to voicemail. I have left several voicemails for someone to contact me, as well as several emails to their customer support, with no response from either telephone, or email. At this point, it's hard to believe that they are even a legitimate company, and I have doubt that I will ever even receive the products I have ordered. To make matters worse, I ordered these products as a gift for ********* to give on **************** and was never able to give my gifts. I had to show up empty handed to a family holiday party, and was completely embarrassed. The company not only deceived me, but they embarrassed me and ruined my holiday!

I am expecting World of Judaica to give me a total refund of $******, and be properly reprimanded for their actions. They also need to be required to practice better customer service, if they are even a legitimate company.

Business Response /* (1000, 5, **15/12/08) */
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused while the customer had to wait for the items to be shipped. The supplier was delayed in sending us one item, and we should have let the customer know that there was going to be a delay. The items left our facility on the ************ and have a tracking code that the customer can check at any time to see when the order should arrive.

As a company, we do not hold any further responsibility for items once they leave our facility. We will however be happy to get in touch with the shipping courier to ensure the package arrives in the quickest time possible so that the customer is not kept waiting any longer. We will be in touch with the customer directly, to give an update on the expected arrival of the package.

Consumer Response /* (3000, 7, **15/12/09) */
My order was supposed to arrive before *********, so that I could give them as gifts at my family ********* party. Since I spent so much money on this order, I couldn't even afford to get a backup gift, and I had to show up empty handed and embarrassed. I want a full refund for my order not being on time, especially when I paid extra for express shipping. Furthermore, the only reason the company actually responded finally is because of my complaint to BBB, and they offered no resolution! They stated, "The items left our facility on the ************ and have a tracking code that the customer can check at any time to see when the order should arrive. As a company, we do not hold any further responsibility for items once they leave our facility." However, my order should have arrived well before they were finally shipped out! World of Judaica needs to do right by me (the customer), and give me a refund! Their response to my complaint was an insult, and they actually stated that they do not hold any responsibility.

Final Consumer Response /* (4**0, 17, **16/01/06) */
The company only offered a **% refund, when there should be at least a **% refund. I had also paid for 5-7 day shipping to ensure I would get my product on time, and they should guarantee that. They also did not respond to my emails or phone calls until I actually filed a complaint with the BBB. That is no way to do business! I believe that a **% refund is more than fair in order for us to close this case.

Final Business Response /* (4000, 15, **16/01/06) */
We would like to thank the customer for their comments. We can only apologize for any inconvenience caused while the customer had to wait for the items to be shipped. The holiday season along with Black Friday and Cyber Monday has caused significant delays both with our suppliers and the postal services. As the customer's satisfaction is our goal, we have contacted the customer directly in order to rectify this situation as best we can. Even though such delays are outside of our control, we have offered the customer a partial refund for her order as a token of our appreciation. We are happy to assist with any further questions you have.

01/04/2016Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

order placed **** and paid 2 t shirts - ***** follow up due to no info in this period, informed that they forgot to follow up with supplier, not done

9:21:37 AM: *********:
we have asked our team for an ETA. We will let you know when they get back to us

we haven't had a response yet from them
understand what you are saying however with all of our orders first and foremost have a 3-5 day processing time.

9:33:29 AM: *********:
after a time of 5 days we then see if we have it here or if we need to order from the supplier

9:33:58 AM: *********:
in this case we had to order from our supplier who has not been very good at letting us know when delays will occur.

9:34:02 AM: *********:
I know this is not your problem

delivery overnight or payback money plus interest and cost

To whom it may concern

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused while the customer had to wait for the items to be shipped, as we had to wait for the items to arrive from our supplier. We have taken the liberty to follow up again with our fulfillment team who now has one of the two items and we will be shipping both to the customer as soon as we can.

My colleague ***** has also let the customer know that the estimated time of arrival is next week.

We have been in touch with the customer to ask whether they wanted to proceed with the order or to take a refund. We want to do anything within our hands to resolve this issue to the customer's satisfaction.

World of Judaica

*********** still no resolve, not happy with answers, this company is a ****, thirts still not shipped.

Thank you for taking the time to review our response. An agent has confirmed with the customer that we are able to send out one of the items today. As customer's satisfaction is our utmost priority, we have also offered the customer a full refund for the second item that we do not do yet have in stock, as we do not wish to keep the customer waiting until this issue is resolved. We are awaiting for the customer's response on this matter.

11/03/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

I chose EXPEDITED shipping and paid us$** just for that.
After 10 days the order was still not shipped and my credit card was already charged.
On ********* I placed order ******* on worldofjudaica.com. I chose ********* as the currency to be charged as I live in ******.
Even tough I was offered free shipping as I bought a high amount, I chose EXPEDITED SHIPPINg and agreed to pay $** in order to get my order very fast.
After 2 days I received an email saying I needed to verify the credit card used by providing the exact amount of 2 small deposits made to my credit card. I took the time and spent 30 minutes on the phone with my bank and finally provided the amounts the same day.

After 2 more days they sent another email stating that I must send a copy of my passport in order to verify my identity. This was very strange as I had provided the deposits amount. But I sent the passport scan immediately.

AS I didn't receive ANY response from both emails, I decided to contact them by chat, which is specially difficult as their hours of operation are on ****** time. But as they did't respond any emails I decided to make the effort.

First, they told me that their financial department was still analyzing the order in order to approve it.

As I had paid extra for expedited shipping I asked them not to charge this amount as it had already taken 7 days just to confirm the order. The customer representative ***** confirmed to me the total amount to charge ***$*****. So I decided it was OK and I would wait one more day for the order to be shipped as she promised.

The next day I received a charge on my credit card for ***$****** which was much higher than the amount confirmed by *****. I immediately sent an email but I got no response after 24hrs, so I decide again to wait until the proper time to be able to chat.
They told me that the order was still on hold and that their financial department still had't approved the order.

I was really desperate so I asked them to cancel the order. This was made on *******.
Still until today I haven't received the credit on my credit card.

I have sent at least 5 emails to their email addresses with no response at all.
I needed the products urgently and now I lost 2 weeks and HOURS of my time solving this

I need my money back.
But must important I need other consumers the way this company works.
They charge for expedite shipping but they take more than 10 days to approve the order. They first charge the money to the credit card and then wait some days in order to ship.
These are very bad practices and they should be punished.
Also, their customer service is very very bad.

To whom this may concern,

We would like to sincerely apologize for the purchasing experience this customer had.

The security procedures he needed to go through and which delayed his order are in fact procedures that protect the customer's identity and work on his own interest. As an online store we feel responsible for making sure that there are no risks of having any fraudulent activities involved. These procedures usually go smoothly and quickly, however, in his case we understand it wasn't the case.

The customer's refund has been completed refund, and an email confirmation was sent to him.

We would deeply appreciate if the customer chose to give us the opportunity to compensate him in any future purchase with us, by providing a discount on a product or upgrading his shipping method free of charge.

Should he be interested in giving us a second chance, we would be more than happy to make sure his next experience runs smoothly.

Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

World of Judaica

I still haven't received the refund. I haven't received a proof of the refund either.
They haven't answered not even one of my emails asking for this proof.
I request the refund immediately and a compensation for all the time I have invested into this problem.

To whom it may concern
The customer was fully refunded with transaction ID *****************.
We have sent email confirmation for the refund on the ****.
As we have previously mentioned, we would sincerely appreciate if the customer gave us the opportunity to compensate him in any future purchase with us. The compensation can be in the form of free expedited shipping or a very nice bonus discount or a free gift to be added to his future order.
Kind Regards,

10/28/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The product purchased was not as described. No attempt to contact was returned by telephone, email or live chat.
Despite multiple calls, emails and attempts to live chat no human being was ever available to respond to the request for a refund or exchange.

retund

To whom it may concern,

We apologize no one was available when the customer contacted us regarding the ****** they received. During the holiday season our response times can exceed the 48 hours we aim to reply to all messages within.

We are very sorry to hear that the colors of the ****** did not match those on the website depiction as the customer expected. It is currently being looked into by our content department so it can be accurately shown on the website.
Instructions for returning the ****** for a full refund have been provided to the customer, and as soon as it is received back we will of course provide the customer a full refund. We can of course assist with checking on the colors of any ****** or item they may choose to purchase from us in the future.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this error, and do hope it is understood this was not done with any malice or intentionally. We do hope the customer will give us another chance in the future as they have had many positive past experiences with us , and can of course provide a discount on any future order they may place.

The business' excuse that they were unable to respond during the "holiday season" is absolute **. I find this offensive both as a *** and as a customer. There were plenty of business days during which they could have responded but did not. Unless they are celebrating some secret ****** holiday that neither I nor any other *** I know has ever heard of. Further, they did not leave any notice on their website or telephone that they were away for "the holidays."

The fraudulent nature of their response and the truth that they are just an unresponsive, bad business with no customer service is proved by the fact that I returned the item in question on Wednesday ********** and 11 days later they still have not acknowledged receipt. This is despite my having a signed Certified Receipt of Delivery from USPS.

I had to stop payment through my credit card company and ****** because this business never responded despite my returning the merchandise.

Ultimately, they are just a ******* business that is cutting corners on customer care and is completely unresponsive and unethical. They can put that in their ***************************************.

The business did not refund my money. ****** refunded my money after investigating the evidence and receiving no response from the business. I now consider this matter concluded and wish nothing more to do with this business.

Dear Sir or Madam,

We sincerely apologize for the bad experience that ****** has had and agree that this is very frustrating. This is definitely not the way we normally conduct business because we value every one of our clients. Please know that this is not the experience that World of Judaica wants to deliver.

We have indeed received ******** package back at our facilities and have issued a refund to him for the full amount of his order.

In our best efforts to keep our customers happy and satisfied, and by means of redress, we have offered ******* a **% refund on his next purchase with us. This is the least that we can do in the light of this unfortunate event. We strive for our customers' satisfaction and want to ensure a gratifying experience for all of our customers.

We will take note of this unfortunate experience to make sure to improve our company and better serve our customers.

World of Judaica

Internet Shopping, Gift Certificates/Cards, Candles - Retail, Handbags, Religious Goods, Art Metal Work, Art Goods, Souvenirs - Retail, Home Accessories, Jewelers - Retail