BBB Accredited Business since 06/15/2010

Internet Nebraska Corporation

04/09/2012Problems with Product / Service
09/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The customer service technician(***)was rude to me. Even though I tried to be nice to him. He tried get me off the phone as soon as he could
I am a log time IntNeb customer. I have always used their service was was very happy about it. Recently I decided to increase my internet speed even though it meant to pay more monthly. Around **** I called their customer service and asked to bump up my speeds. They said it will be done shortly but never happened. I called them again after a week. They still could not complete it. They blamed *************** and nothing was changing. It has been 5 months since my first call and I periodically call them to get updates about my situation. Nothing has been done and they are starting to be rude to me. I spoke to *** last time and I am very unhappy how he handled the situation. He was rude and tried to get me off the phone. I dont know what is the problem here. I am not asking anything for free or not complaining about their service. I just want to pay more and get a little better internet speeds. I dont think it is much to ask.

I want my internet speeds to be proper.

First, I apologize for the rudeness that Mr. ******* experienced. Our staff is as equally frustrated by the problem as we have other customers also waiting, for an unreasonably long time, for upgraded services. This by no means excuses bad customer service; we are reminding all of our staff to continue to provide the high level of customer service to all of our customers regardless of circumstances.

The heart of the problem has been an internal re-shuffling of responsibilities at **************** that took place roughly around **** of this year. The management of our business relationship was removed from the local office, with whom we have worked quite well for years, and redirected to their national operations. As I understand it, their national office has all third party ISP relationships organized into one category which is
handled by a sub-contractor. On first glance, this reorganization makes sense as we would be handled by the same business doing the order processing and such for other resellers like ********* and potentially opened other possibilities for IN. In practice, however, the contractor was not ready for Internet Nebraska's services. This created three problems with service requests not being completed: new orders, billing corrections, and service upgrades. It has taken quite some time, but the first two appear to be working properly again. Unfortunately, service upgrades, which is what Mr. ******* needs, has remained spotty at best. Certainly we would like him and all of our customers waiting on upgraded services to be moved to the higher speed plans as soon as possible. We are working with ********** to figure out what is bottle-necking the upgrade process and find a resolution, so our customers can once again get their upgraded service completed in a timely manner.

If there are any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

I under stand the *** causing you problems but I am being charged for an upgraded service and I have not received the upgraded speeds yet. So why I am being charged more money when the service has not changed. I was so happy with IN but all these problems leaving me no choice but switch providers.

Internet Services, Digital Media, Television - Cable, CATV & Satellite, Internet - Web Hosting, Web Design, Computers - Programming, Computers - Sys Designers & Consult, Computers - Rooms - Installation & Equipment, Computers - Networks, Systems & Software Testing, Computers Hardware, Software & Services, Network Cabling Installation, Cable Networking, Cable TV, Internet & Telephone Installation Service