BBB Accredited Business since 02/19/2010

Bill Mull Agency, Inc.

BBB serving Chicago, IL maintains a report on this company's headquarters location. Please visit http://chicago.bbb.org for details or call (312) 832-0500.

08/06/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I gave insurance agent **** **** a verbal and written notice to cancel my policy. Now he wants payment for services not provided.
I have been a customer of Bill Mull Allstate Insurance for at least 4 or 5 years . The past year I have tried to find ways for them to save me money as my funds are tight. They couldn't make it happen so I cancelled my policy and went with another company that saved me over $** dollars a month on my renters and auto insurance. I verbally called Mr. ***** Allstate office and told them to cancel my policy. They said I had to send in a written notice, so I mailed the cancellation.

I was told I would be refunded at a pro rate from the time of cancellation. Renter insurance $** and auto $***. I want my refund.

Response to ****** ****:
******** policy started on **********. Payment for the 6month period was $*******. She made her first payment on ******** for $***** and since it was at renewal she also received a loyalty bonus for $******. Her next payment was rec'd on ********** of $******. Requested cancel on ********, which left a premium due of $*****, which is still due for coverage from **** to ****. The delay was caused by not receiving written notice to cancel but nevertheless the premium was still earn and is due. Formal log is kept in the office of all conversation with ****** as well.

I have been making payments to Mr. **** for the past several years for car and renters insurance.
The $****** loyalty bonus was for being a good customer. At no time was I told that I would have to pay back loyalty rewards for being a good customer if I decided to go with another insurance company. I have documentation of every dollar spent with Mr. ****. My verbal cancellation was made before my payment due date and a written cancellation was sent at that same time at their request.

Insurance Agency, Financial Services