BBB Accredited Business since 03/17/1999

Thermal Services, Inc.

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

06/16/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Was misled on how much propane it would take to fill my Heat Pump.
I'm really disappointed in myself for not checking around for other HVAC companies before settling on Thermal Services. These guys are so incredibly over priced that it should be criminal. Basically what happened was that my evaporator coil was frozen because l was low on Freon. I actually knew this was the problem because my Neighbor is a retired HVAC guy. Thermal Services came out, checked the freon and decided it was low. The salesman, I mean serviceman then came to me and said. We charge $*** for the 1st lb of Freon and then $** for each additional lb "We'll see if we even need a 2nd lb". 15 Min later he come back and says "wow that took 5.10 lbs and it looks like you have a leak" "if you want us to find the leak, it will cost $***, I can't do it today" "fixing the leak could cost up to $****." At that point I asked him to leave. I ended up paying $*** (includes the $** diagnostic fee) for freon. I'm outraged. Afterwards I decided to call a couple other companies to see what they charge for freon. I was astounded to find that it costs anywhere from $**-$** per

Thermal can contact me if interested in refund.

We pride ourselves on being 100% ethical and based on a foundation of integrity. With that being said, we acknowledge that although the customer approved the first 2 pounds of refrigerant, we charged the customer for the 3.1 additional pounds of refrigerant that we used in an effort to completely rectify the problem at hand.

Because we did not gain the customer's approval before adding the additional refrigerant, we are more than willing to refund him the amount of money that is accounted for in those 3.1 pounds.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to coach our employees on our processes.

07/06/2015Problems with Product / Service
04/29/2014Problems with Product / Service
06/22/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My AC wasn't working they said it was my control panel and it was not. It was just a clogged coil. They also taxed me on my labor and overcharged me.

Thermal service sent out ***** ******** and he states on the invoice that "AC isn't cooling and leaking water on the floor. Found that the system was low on charge and the circuit board was shutting off the blower and running the inducer motor constantly. I hooked up the blower to run all the time and unplugged the inducer until the circuit board can be replaced. I also added 1 lb of R22. Unit will run with the blower running constantly until the board is replaced." NONE of that was the problem! I had someone else come the following day and all I had was a blocked coil that was causing the problem with the cooling and water on the floor. My control panel is working completely fine! Thermal charged me $****** for 1 lb of R22 and then taxed me on the labor as well! Isn't their no tax on labor??? ****** for a service call and he didn't even take the panel off my system!total with tax $****** I will not be paying. My fiancé **** stopped payment on the check. Check number ****

I will not be paying for a service I did not get and a service person that was trying to add costs to a problem I did not have. My fiancé **** **** stopped payment on check number **** in the amount of $******. I called thermal cause our AC wasn't working. Their service man came out and not only did he not fix the problem, he said we had another problem when we did have have! I was also over charged $****** for 1 lb. of R22 and then was taxed on the labor. You can't tax on labor. We will not be paying for a service we did not receive. The service man said we need a new control panel, I had someone else come out and look at it and all we had was a blocked coil.

Contact Name and Title: ***** *******
Contact Email: *********************************
I spoke with the customer this morning, prior to receiving this complaint, and credited her account for the entire amount ($******) and shredded the check that her fiance wrote to us. The customer informed me that she had already filed a complaint with the BBB, and that she was satisfied with the result.

10/07/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

A service call was made to repair home water heater. No service was attempted only a sales call but charged a $*** service charge.
A call was made on ******* requesting service for a home water heater that had stopped providing hot water that morning. Company representative came to the house at 4 p.m. that day. At no time did he attempt to fix the unit. No tools were brought into the home at any time. The discussion became completely about purchasing their home maintenance plan and how that would save money when the new part or new unit was purchased. We were told that our tubing was not up to code and would all need to be replaced so a suggestion was made to replace the unit all together to take care of that problem also. The price to repair the part was quoted at $*** plus the $** service fee and replacement of the unit and tubing would be $**** plus the $** service call. The conversation led to scheduling a new unit the following day to "get the guy to leave" so we could call someone reputable to come and actually repair the unit quickly. After 2 other estimates by 2 seperate companies that evening, it was determined that the tubing was code and none needed to be replaced and the unit itself was still working properly so a repair of $*** was all that was required. I was charged a fee for what I believe was nothing more than a sales call. At no time did the employee of Thermal Services attempt to fix the problem for me which is why he was called.

I would like a refund of the $****** paid to Thermal Services on ******* for lack of proper service provided.

Contact Name and Title: ****** ***************
Contact Email: **********************************

Thank you for the information from a customer's perspective regarding the water heater issue. At Thermal Services we do not encounter this type of conversation often and it is critical that we find out when we are not meeting customer expectations. Generally, if an instance like this does arise, a simple phone call is all it would take to resolve the matter. Customer satisfaction is always a priority, and we would be willing to refund the full amount of $****** because we did not meet the customer's expectations. In order to process the refund we just need an address where this check can be sent. I sincerely apologize for the way this call was run and take full responsibility for its outcome. At the end of the day it is our mission to make you happy with our services and the Service Plans *** described to you will alleviate the majority of these types of calls. If there is anything else that can be done from our standpoint please let us know.
Thermal Services

Heating & Air Conditioning, Water Heaters - Parts & Supplies, Refrigeration Equipment - Commercial - Sales & Service, Heating/Air Conditioning Equipment, Boilers - Supplies & Parts, Air Conditioning Supplies & Parts, Air Purifying & Cleaning Systems & Equipment, Heating Equipment & Systems Cleaning & Repair, Air Conditioning Systems - Cleaning, Air Conditioning Repair, Water Heaters - Dealers, Pipe Fittings, Cooling Towers, Hydronic Heating, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Water Heaters - Repairing, Ventilating Contractors, Plumbing Drains & Sewer Cleaning, Plumbing - Renovation & Repair, Plumbers - Commercial, Plumbers, Mechanical Contractors, Heating Contractors, Heat Pumps, Boilers - Repair & Cleaning, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems