Midland Marble & Granite, LLC

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

09/04/2014Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

This company is not following through with my requests to repair water damage to my kitchen due to a leaking water pipe that was improperly attached.
Kitchen counter tops and sink were installed in early ********. We began to notice a water leak in our basement in mid ****. Sink pipe came completely off on *********. Noted large water spot and dripping in basement celing, damage to kitchen floor, and cabinet due to swelling wood. Called ******* and Midland M & G ******** @ 12:35 to report what happened. Plumber **** came out ***** at 8:00AM to inspect the damagaes to the basement ceiling, wood under the sink, wood flooring buckling, and cabinet seam splitting due to water leaking over a long period of time. Stated he would speak with ******* and get back with us. No return call so I phoned ******* ******** at 3:50. She stated she had NOT spoken with **** and would get back with me. After waiting a few days with no response I again phoned ******* Fri ******** at 1:11. She stated she was going to speak with **** right away and get back with me that afternoon. I have not once recieved a call back from ******* and am very frustrated with the lack of service from this company.

Repair of damages to our basement ceiling, cabinet wood and kitchen flooring due to drain pipe leaking and eventually coming completely off. Plumbing job was done by contractor of Midland Marble and Granite less than 6 months prior to pipe coming off.

Midland Marble & Granite has investigated this claim and we do not feel that the issues described were caused by our company. The pipe in question, the P-Trap was installed correctly in ******** and remained so for the following 5 months. It is our opinion that something happened to knock the pipe loose after that time. Our plumber has also informed us that this type of situation is not something that is required to be covered under warranty. However, we do value our customers and always try to maintain on-going relationships with them. We have decided to help the homeowner take care of issues caused by water damage. We will repair the ceiling in the basement. We will also pay for a small area of repair to the hardwood floor directly in front of the sink base. We have informed the ********* of our decision to assist them in their repairs.

04/10/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Did not provide product as on written on contract and is not willing discount product to match what was installed
There has been an ongoing complaint on my behalf on the granite that was installed in my home. Midland Marble and Granite actively avoided resolving the issue until there books were due at the end of the year and then tried to collect final payment without resolving or fixing the granite installed. They have now threatened my credit and have turned me over to collections. The contract they are claiming to be basing my granite installation off of is not what I received in my home. I did make a change to have rounded corners and edge profile changed but did not receive proper edge profile. There was never a new contract or change order signed. There was also a crack that was repaired but is still visible and I believe was due to mishandling during transport or installation. And they cut a corner off that was not supposed to be. Midland Marble and Granite also admitted via email to over charging for the square footage. I have also requested a template for the fabrication which they don't have or willing not supply. This is key to determining total cost of product. I am not denying that there is still money owed but we can not come up with a compromise. They are only willing to remove their admitted over charges. They over charged the total project by charging the me $** per square ft for the entire project instead of the $** per sq ft sale price for the first slab and $** for the remainder. I have offered to settle for $*** and they are at $****. So we are $*** apart. which I believe is fair due to irreparable corner and wrong edge profile. At this point I do not trust them to enter my home and would just like to get this over with.

If I were to make a immediate final payment of $*** I would be happy to call this over and done with.

Midland Marble & Granite has reviewed Mr. ********* case and have agreed to compromise and accept his offer of $****** as final payment and upon receipt of that payment, our records will show his account as being paid in full.

12/29/2014Problems with Product / Service

Granite, Floors - Hardwood, Carpet Installation, Kitchen & Bath Design, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling, Marble & Granite Installation, Stonework Fabrication, Carpet & Rug Dealers - New, Hardwood Floor Contractors, Carpet & Rug Distributors & Manufacturers, Tile - Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Countertops, Floor Materials - Retail, Bathroom Remodeling, Marble - Natural