BBB Accredited Business since 07/02/2003

ABC Glass, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/13/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Paint on vehicle damaged while installing windshield.
I initially received service on *****************. After I got my vehicle home and waited the required 48 hours, I removed the tape and noticed that the weather stripping was not secured. Also there was a bump in the paint on my driver's side door. I took my truck back to ABC on ***********, ****, and they did fix the weather stripping; however they said they would not do anything about the paint. The explanation given was "that is out of our control it probably happened when the installer was standing inside the cab and a button or part of his pants caught the door, so there is nothing we can do." I have spent a lot of time on this matter and I would appreciate more than a 5 second response that there is nothing they can do. Obviously this has happened before that is why the technician knew readily how it could have happened. Therefor it is within their control; they could have avoided this by having the installer wear proper attire to so my paint on my truck would not have become chipped or advised me of such instances so I could have covered my door I suppose. Needless to say it is their responsibility to compensate for the damage done. This has been a very big hassle and time consuming to say the least. I am in the process of getting a bid to fix the damage done by ABC. It is discerning that I have had to waste more time having to file a complaint. With a BBB gold star award I assumed I would have gotten above par service in this case I received additionally damage to the vehicle I was trying to fix.

In the processes of getting a bid for the additional damage. I want ABC to have the paint damage fixed.

*****,

I honestly don't even no where to begin on this complaint. First of all we replaced a windshield in ****** ******************. Our process in doing so requires us to open both doors in the front in order to properly install the glass. We stand in between the open door and the interior of the vehicle, so never once would an installers buttons on a pair of pants scratch the car. The body of the installer would touch the inside door panel not the outside. If we would have scratch his ****** it would be a scratch not a bubble. What **** failed to inform you is that his truck had been painted ( the girlfriend informed us the day she brought it back) and that **** had actually seen the bump (has he calls it) which is actually a bubble from the paint and rubbed his finger against it and the paint had chipped. A bubble comes from a bad paint job and a scratch is a scratch. We never scratched his ****** nor could we have ever created a bump (bubble) in his paint. We feel we have done nothing wrong and feel has if **** left out info to produce this complaint because he is looking for a new paint job.

Thank you and if you have questions please feel free to call.

******** ****

10/31/2014Problems with Product / Service
05/14/2013Problems with Product / Service

Glass - Plate and Window, Auto Repair - Windshield, Glass Shops, Auto Sunroofs, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Glass - Beveled, Carved, Ornamental, Windows - Installation & Service, Store Fronts