BBB Accredited Business since 07/11/1952

Nebraska Furniture Mart (Headquarters)

129 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 53 closed in last 12 months

03/27/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

My purchase was made on ******** of a $**** bedroom set. I have had 5 deliveries and continue to have product issues. Now stopped returning my calls.
My original purchase **************** for the amount of $**** for a bedroom set. To this day I have had five deliveries and still continue to have to defective or damaged merchandise. My sales person ******* stopped calling me back as well as when asked for the manger that had been working on the issue I had no return call. Upon this last delivery I was in contact with a customer service manager ****** ******* of deliveries has failed to return my calls for the last four days. Oringnail order # ********

Compensation for inconvenience of having to take time off work for deliveries and still having defective and damaged merchandise as well as management failing to follow up with the situation at hand.

Business Response /* (***0, 7, 2015/03/13) */
Hello Mrs. *********,
I'm sorry that this has been so frustrating for you. I understand having to schedule multiple deliveries can be inconveniencing. I do see that we've done three even exchanges and still have one waiting to be scheduled for delivery in addition to the original delivery. We issued a $*** courtesy letter in ******** and you were offered an additional $*** courtesy letter with a $*** adjustment on *********, per your request we can offer $*** compensation in one adjustment instead of doing the two courtesy letters/adjustment combination. I do apologize for the lack of communication. I attempted to contact you on ********* and *** at ************ and left a voicemail each time. Please give us a call so we can assist you.

03/16/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

Purchased item online,stated estimated delivery date is date item is leaving NFM and NOT actual date being delivered to me. Deceiving practice.
I purchased an item online and paid *** dollars for delivery based on the assumption that as stated online the estimated delivery date was going to be ******. When the item was not delivered that date I called and was notified that item was going to be shipped that day via a third party and that it would arrive to me in 10 business day. NFM stated that the estimated delivery date appearing in their website is for items delivered locally by them, something that is not stated in their site. I find this practice deceiving for customers that are not local and who are paying for high delivery charges. Other sellers who sell online such as ****** use the Estimated Delivery Date as the true delivery date that the customer can expect their item by, not just some arbitrary date which is or can be used to "trick" the customer into buying something like it appear that NFM is doing. If you are going to use this type of language in your site you should adhere by it.

I would either like the item that I purchased delivered right now or I would like NFM to refund my delivery charges and deliver the item for free (i.e. only charge for the cost of the item and not for the delivery since they were deceiving with their language).

We advised the customer on **********, via chat, that it was not our intent deceive him or anyone about the delivery dates. The customer was then provided our phone number per his request so he could file a complaint. He spoke to a lead and let us know his dissatisfaction with the web site and its delivery dates. His delivery fee has been adjusted and he will see his refund in 5-7 business days.

03/04/2015Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Failure to sell us warranty
My husband and I purchased a sectional from mrs b's on ******** (two days ago) when we purchased the couch we took it with us that day. We asked if we decided we wanted to add the warranty could we and we were told yes. We talked it over and today , monday the ****, we called ****** to answer some questions about the warranty coverage and what we needed to add it and get the leather conditioner she said was included for $**. She never returned our call so we called and spoke to customers service who told us that we are wrong and it couldn't be added now. We feel very mislead. We didn't feel like we had enough information to buy the protection the day that we bought the couch and once we went over things we decided w more information it was probably wise to add it. Anyway, I feel really mislead

We want to purchase warranty

Mrs. *********,
I apologize that this hasn't been a great shopping experience with us. The Guardsman Protection Plan is coverage for accidental damage to furniture so once a customer has taken possession of the merchandise we are unable to add that coverage. I do see on the copy of your order that you declined the coverage when it was offered at the time of purchase. I was able to speak with ****** and she did say she received your voicemail but when she went to look at the order there were notes from customer service stating they had advised you that the coverage was unable to be added and you understood that. At this time I would like to offer you a $** courtesy discount letter for the inconvenience. We do appreciate your business and hope you continue to shop with us.

02/16/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Our original promotion was to pay $******** in * years to avoid interest charges. We paid a total of $******** and they applied $******** to our bal.
Our original promotion was to pay $******** in * years to avoid interest charges. We paid a total of $******** and they applied $******** to our balance for interest all though we had already paid $********. They said since we had made additional purchases since then that are payments went to the new purchases first. Overnight our balance went from $******** to $********.

Refund of our $******** in interest charged on our account unlawfully.

Ms ********,
First off, I apologize for any inconveniences this might have caused. I have forwarded you a copy of our revolving interest agreement stating how the payments are made and if the group is not paid off the deferred interest will be charged to the account. It also shows on your statement every month the status of the deferred interest to inform you that you could get that charge if the balance is not paid. I will continue to work with you on the and if the balance of the group is paid by **** I would be happy to waive that interest fee. But the remaining balance has to be paid prior to us waiving that fee.
If you have any further questions feel free to contact customer service at ************.
As always we appreciate your business and hope you have a great day!

02/09/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am writing to complain about Nebraska Furniture Mart.Back in ***********, we placed a special order with their designer showcase department for a couch and a *********** chair. Specifically, we advised the salesperson--*****--that we needed the sofa to be made as firm as they could possibly do so, primarily because we both have back problems. Moreover, we told that that under no terms was the construction of the sofa seats that we sat on in the showroom floor a viable option. Therefore, she quoted us $******* for the ********* sofa and $******* for the recliner. She advised us that the order would take 3 months to come in.Last Friday, we received the sofa and the recliner. The sofa seats were no different than the ones on the showroom floor and Nebraska Furniture Mart damaged the back of the ******* recliner when they moved it in; it had 3 deep scratch marks. *********, my significant other, immediately contacted the company to notify them of the problems. Moreover, they transferred her to *****, our salesperson, who assured her that the order was placed correctly. They stated they would send a service person to inspect the furniture. On Tuesday, a person from Nebraska Furniture Mart came to the residence. He assured ********* that they would correct the sofa seats and agreed they were not firm at all, that we would be without the cushion for about a week when they corrected the item, and that they would call prior to picking up the cushion. He performed ******* repair on the back of the recliner, but he worsened the problem. Although he removed two of the scratches well, one of the scratches was worsened and now extends 6-8 inches on the back of the chair. We are still waiting to hear from the company about performing an even exchange on the recliner, or in other words, they need to remake it.On **********, ********* spoke to the company about the sofa. They stated that they could upgrade the cushion to an ultra package with *********, but that it was going to be too expensive; therefore, they told her we could just return the sofa. Here is the problem: We were told by the original salesperson that she ordered the firmest sofa, which would imply she already placed an order for the ultra package, and she quoted us a price at $*******. Now they are trying to switch the price on us on the last minute or offering to take the couch as a return. This is not an option because our previous furniture is gone, as it has been donated to ********************. And since we special order all of our furniture, this means we would be without a couch for another 3 months.A company shouldn't switch the price of an item at the last minute because a salesperson didn't input an order correctly or price it out correctly for a customer. Moreover, it isn't legal. Although I have left a message for the manager of the sales department, ***, to call us back, I am requesting your offices assistance in this matter. We are asking that the company fix the couch to the way it was ordered by us, and they shouldn't charge us more money because their salesperson made an error.

See original complaint.

Contact Name and Title: ****** ******** CS mgr
Contact Email: ***********************
we have contacted the customer and we are ordering the new cushion core for her and it will ship out in 7/10 days and than we will install this for them. The customer has agreed this is ok with them.

NFM has not addressed the chair that they damaged during delivery.

Mr. and Mrs. ******, I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the products you received not being to your specification. The service technician who responded to the claim which was opened *************** had limited resources to work with and was not able to repair the recliner and sofa to your specifications. It appears that the original order was written for ultra soft models instead of the ultra firms you requested due to your back pain. This situation is certainly not due to any fault of the customer and a return for the incorrect merchandise has been created at no charge. Additionally, a new order for the correct pieces, with correct firmness has been placed and you will be contacted when the pieces arrive to schedule a delivery and pick up. You will not be charged any additional money for the new order.

I have filed a previous complaint against Nebraska Furniture Mart that was closed as resolved. We are continuing to experience problems on this order; therefore, I am filing another report with your office.
We special ordered a ********* sofa and an ***** leather recliner. On the original report that we filed, there was a problem with damage to the leather recliner upon delivery, specifically the leather; also, the original sales person also failed to order a firm sofa cushion. Rather, she ordered a down sofa cushion. Upon speaking to their customer service department, they were obstinate that the sales rep, *****, ordered it correctly despite repeatedly telling them that it was not correct. We involved the sales manager in the Designer Gallery, *********, and he verified that ***** did order it incorrectly. Upon talking to ***, he stated that they would reorder the sofa and the leather recliner, the latter because when they attempted to repair the chair, it left a long streak down the back of it, making it worth far less than $****. In the meantime, your office forwarded our written complaint to Nebraska Furniture Mart's corporate office. When the corporate office got involved, the order was ******* up again.
We were notified that the order was ready for delivery a couple of weeks ago, and they scheduled it, I think, for *****. Upon arrival, the delivery person asked if we had ordered a white sofa as a substitute for the red sofa. My wife told them no, so they proceeded to bring in the newly ordered chair. The new chair also had scratches on the wooden arms and on several places on the leather. She told them she was refusing delivery on the sofa, and they immediately left and took the other chair; moreover, they didn't even call Nebraska Furniture Mart directly to discuss the wrong sofa or the chair.
My wife contacted Nebraska Furniture Mart immediately. She was told that when the sofa was reordered, they failed to designate the color. Therefore, it defaulted to the white color. In addition, she advised *** that the new chair also was scratched. *** stated they would have someone come out to repair the chair again, and they agreed to have it done when the corrected sofa cushion was complete (this time they decided to just reorder the sofa cushion rather than remaking it). In the meantime, my wife discussed purchasing the prior damaged recliner with *** for a reduced price; therefore, we would have two making recliners in the living room. *** inspected the returned chair, and he agreed to sell us the chair for $***, about a $*** discount. We agreed, and *** scheduled delivery on the recliner.
The first time Nebraska Furniture Mart attempted to deliver the recliner, the delivery people failed to give us a time frame when they would arrive at the house. Rather, they just showed up and then called to ask where we were. Therefore, since neither of us were at home, we had to reschedule delivery.
The second time they attempted to deliver the recliner, which was today, they showed up with the wrong recliner. It wasn't even close to the description. Specifically, they delivered a blue cloth recliner that looked similar to a ********. My wife refused delivery again, and we spent the day on the phone trying to resolve the problem with customer service because *** is on vacation until after *********. The delivery people stated they were not at fault for the wrong recliner because they only contract with the company; they just pick up what they give them. So far, Nebraska Furniture Mart has not been able to locate the chair, and one of the customer service people said they have probably been having all of these problems because of new staff. Apparently, the old staff that knew what they were doing transferred to a new Nebraska Furniture Mart store in *****. In my opinion, this is no excuse; they should completely train all of their staff so they are qualified to take or correct orders.
While we hate filing repeated reports with your office, attempting to resolve the problems on our own appears challenging to say the least. We need to make sure that Nebraska Furniture Mart resolves the following problems: 1) correct the ********* sofa cushion to an extra firm rather than a down cushion; 2) fix the new leather recliner; specifically, the scratched wood and the scratched leather; 3) find the other returned recliner that we agreed to buy at a reduced price and deliver it with no further damage. In addition, we are requesting that your office not close out this complaint until the problem is completely resolved, which means we have taken delivery on all of the furniture and they have fixed any problems with them.
Finally, because we originally placed this order in **** and it is now seven months later with continued problems, we are asking that Nebraska Furniture Mart discount our total furniture order. It is ridiculous that we have had so many problems and deserve to be compensated. Furthermore, we have done business with them for years, buying special order furniture, appliances, etc. We came back to special order furniture because we had purchased from *** in the past and enjoyed doing business with him, although he referred the order to ***** because he is now a manager. We have taken time out of our day to verbally express our complaints with their company, to write written complaints to offices like yours, and to stay at home to take delivery on incorrect or damaged items. We think **% off the entire order is fair to say the least if the company expects us to continue to do business with them in the future.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. After review of the customer's account I see that the chair is set up to be delivered out to the customer on Friday *****************. We do have the extra firm seat cushions on order and at no charge to the customer. Once the cushions do come in, we will have to bring the sofa in to the shop to replace them and it does take 7 days. All in shops take 7 days regardless of the repair. If there is anything else we can help with please let us know and thank you for your continued business with Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Nebraska Furniture Mart called to schedule delivery on the chair for **********, Early that morning, arouond 7:30am to be exact, they called to cancel the delivery because they stated the chair had been damaged; specifically, someone in shipping broke all the joints on the chair. When we spoke to someone else later that day, they told us they would order another chair for us, which would take another 12 weeks. We told them no. We want our current order completely corrected and for Nebraska Furniture Mart to give us a discount on our current order before we do business with the company again. So far, we are not impressed with the way this order has been handled. Moreover, I filed this complaint against ******************, not Nebraska Furniture Mart, because they parent company needs to be made aware of their subsidiaries gross incompetence.We have also filed an Attorney General report.

On ************, I spoke to *** at the BBB and learned that the ******** have contacted him direct and that they are very concerned (rightfully so) regarding the continuing chain of events surrounding the attempts to resolve problems on the purchase of *********. After speaking to ***, I left a message with the ****** residence. *************, I received a return phone call from *********. I visited with her about the chain of events. I offered no excuses for the lack of resolution, though attempts have been made, but each attempt has led to further problems, including the chair that was offered to the ******** at a reduced price being damaged prior to delivery to them. The damage was structural to the frame of the arm of the chair, in which the ******** cancelled. AT this point, we will continue to communicate the status of the cushion core that is on order, due to ship this week. Upon receipt, NFM will install the cushion core and touch up the chair, then discuss compensation. The request for **% made by the ******** seems fair and reasonable. I will be the point of contact for the ******** until this situation is completely resolved.

03/16/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

No customer service; like we experienced in the past.
Bought exercise equipment. It was advertised as "fully assembled". Got a call from NFM saying our delivery date would be backed up and we would be charged an extra $*****, because we did not purchase assembly upon delivery. We ok'ed the later delivery date, but said we didn't need $***** assembly, because there was no need. They said if we changed our mind we could still pay upon delivery. When delivery came, we asked them to uncrate the merchandise. They said,"you didn't pay for assembly, so we won't do that". We mentioned there was no assembly required and they again stated uncrating as part of the purchase of assembly fee. We've bought thousands of dollars of merchandise (including furnishing all of our new home in **** from NFM, and much more since)and we've never encountered such an "assembly fee". In the past, the delivery personnel were more than happy to uncrate our merchandise and inspect it to make sure everything was ok, and they took the packaging materials with them to dispose. I contacted NFM customer service and got an apology for the "poor experience", but was told,"items that require a charge for assembly, the drivers will only drop off if the customer does not pay the assembly fee.

My product was advertised as fully assembled. One of the main reasons I bought it. At the time of my purchase, NFM had a free delivery advertised for my purchase. I asked NFM customer service if their policy of uncrating merchandise and taking away the packaging had changed, and was told again of the assembly fee. Seems to me like the old bait and switch. Seems like they want to charge assembly fee to make up for "free" delivery. I would like to know their policy for uncrating merchandise, like they did for us in the past as a customer service, and if that has changed; and why would they stick with their story about requiring an assembly fee for merchandise that is advertised as fully assembled?

I sincerely apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience you have experienced on our assembly/uncrating policies. From what I am understanding in your correspondence you are stating your equipment was advertised as "fully assembled". I had a manager for that department check the tag and it does state "drv assembles w/delivery w/charge ($*****)". This is also stated on your receipt right under the item. Is it possible you saw "fully assembled" on another piece of equipment and just mixed them up? As far as uncrating your equipment, that would not be done unless they are going to assemble. Yes we do have other merchandise, such as furniture, big appliances & televisions, that we uncrate if they are already assembled. Also from what I am seeing in your correspondence you stated we contacted you about the assembly of your equipment and if you wanted it assembled there would be a charge. You also stated you turned down having your equipment assembled. Any merchandise that needs assembled and our drivers are not assembling will not be opened. Reason for that is what if you were not ready to assemble this merchandise and now you have an opened box in the middle of your floor with the chance of parts being moved around and lost or your merchandise getting damaged. Better to leave crated until you are ready to assemble and if any issues with it to call customer service so we can resolve the issue or issues at hand. If the equipment has not been assembled yet, we would be more than happy to assemble at half the cost.

I think Mrs. * would agree with the customer in this case, but you people have yet to acquire the customer care skills she had! Perhaps your manager looked at a different piece of equipment from the one we purchased, but when we looked at it online before we even went to your store the ad for our equipment stated fully assembled, which is one of the reasons we bought it. And there is NOTHING on my receipt as you state as to "assembly". It states "delivery/install comments: deliver to back of house customer prefers morning delivery". Yes you contacted me about an assembly fee before delivery, but why would a reputable merchant want to rip a customer off for an assembly fee on equipment that is fully assembled? You give me a flimsy excuse as to why your drivers did not uncrate my equipment,and this should be made known to customers before they buy from you, not after and before delivery so you can recoup the cost of the "free" delivery you advertised. I have uncrated the fully assembled equipment ( we were shown in the store how to put it in upright position for use) and disposed of packaging myself. Besides after the way you have handled this and your insistence on my needing to have you do an assembly, I would certainly call elsewhere for assistance if it were necessary; but I bought a fully assembled piece of equipment and my only fear now is I bought a maintenance agreement and hope I don't have more issues like this when it comes time to service the machine.Service seems be a thing of your past, unless now you can include some sort of added fee by whatever name you call it. Nebraska Furniture Mart has and continues to get a lot of ink over their big expansion into other states, but as for here, you've gotten bigger, much to the detriment of what Mrs. * called fair treatment. Your customer care has left the building. If all you can do to try to resolve this matter is to blame the customer we'll shop around for a store that
still knows the meaning of customer care. I'll put my name on my response; too bad you couldn't even do that! **** ******

I want to apologize for the inconvenience that this situation has caused. I was able to locate the order for the exercise equipment that was purchased and looked at our website and found that it says "assemble your elliptical in minutes and get on your way to fitness. With just a few simple set-up steps, your elliptical is out of the box and ready to use right away." We do have a standard assembly fee of $***** that is charged if the customer wants the delivery drivers to assemble the fitness equipment. If the customer request we should be uncrating the merchandise and hauling away all the packaging. I am sorry that did not happen on this delivery. The delivery charge and the assembly charge are two different charges and we do not charge the assembly fee because we are offering free delivery. If you have any further questions please call. Thank you for shopping Nebraska Furniture Mart.

01/23/2015Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Per the website, "We Beat Any Price, Any Day - Guaranteed" Includes, "**********". However, they do not price match to sellers listed with **********.
FALSE ADVERTISING - Guaranteed Price Match

I have been working with a CSR in regards to price matching a refrigerator. I provided her with the below email, with links directly to the item I wish to price match. Per the Nebraska Furniture Mart Website AND our sales rep, he specifically told us to check ********** and if there was a lower price offered, NFM would match it. No other stipulations applied if the item model & sku were the same. Which they were.

Email sent to ******* ******* CSR for NFM on *****: The item we purchased was a White ******* 31.6 cu ft ***********, ************ - this is what the salesman showed us online at nfm. Here's the link to the item we purchased for $********: http://www.nfm.com/DetailsPage.aspx?productid=35763945 plus the 5 year warranty $******.

This is the link, but the price has gone up to $******** and now they only have 2 in stock. Yesterday they had 4. http://www.**********/*******-***********-White-French-Refrigerator/dp/B008493L7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1419876273&sr=8-2&keywords=*******+appliance+rf323tedbww

Per your website: "We Beat ANY Price, ANY Day - Guaranteed!" Valid on purchases made between *************** and **************** from Nebraska Furniture Mart or 110 days from your purchase of mattress sets. In the unlikely event you find the exact same merchandise (brand and model) currently advertised or sold for less by any local authorized dealer or designated major online retailer, we will cheerfully refund 110% of the difference. Designated major online retailers include **********, ***********, *************, *********, ***********, ***************, ********, **********, **********, **********, *********, *********, ***************, *************, *********, *********** and ***********. If NFM offers the same product at a lower price on or before ****************, we'll credit or refund the difference. Our Holiday Low Price Guarantee does not apply when the price includes bonus or free offers, special financing, installation, rebates or to a competitor's out-of-stock, limited quantity offers or out-of-the-box merchandise, while supplies last items, Door Crashers or online retailers not listed above. Due to certain manufacturer's restrictions, some brands and products may be excluded. Excludes contractor sales, scratch-and-dent items, one-of-a-kind items, cellular contract purchases, special orders and Super Buys. Other restrictions may apply. Just bring in the verifiable printed proof of the lower price plus your original NFM receipt. Comparisons are determined based on price of comparable merchandise of same brand, quality and specifications. See store or online for our Holiday Low Price Guarantee.
I've provided an exact comparable item listed online at ********** and this should be honored. There shouldn't be any loop-holes to jump through. NFM is supposed to beat ANY price, ANY day - guaranteed.

I'm asking for the Price Match Guarantee to be clarified by the company and the website to be corrected to reflect those changes. As well as educating the sales reps whom we worked with.

Furthermore, I'm requesting that they honor the original request to price match the item I provided that qualifies.

Thank you for contacting us, we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this has caused. In our price guarantee policy it is stated, "In the unlikely event you find the exact same merchandise (brand and model) currently advertised or sold for less by any local authorized dealer or designated major online retailer, we will cheerfully refund 110% of the difference. Designated major online retailers include **********". Your refrigerator clearly says, "Sold by, *****************". We feel as though our description does make it clear that it has to be sold by the designated major online retailer. If this was sold by ********** we would happily price match it for you, but since this is not technically an ****** product it would not fall under an approved price match company. We do apologize for the inconvenience, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact customer service at ************. Thank you and have a great day.

The website still reads that you accept price match guarantee from **********. It never states that it doesn't include or exclude third party vendors. FALSE ADVERTISING.

I do apologize again for the confusion, an item being advertised on ********** for sale from *********** is not the same thing as being sold by **********. Per ********** website this product ships from and is sold by *********** not ******.

******* *********** 31.6 Cu. Ft. White French Door Refrigerator - Energy Star
by *******
Be the first to review this item
________________________________________
List Price: $********
Price: $******** & FREE Shipping
You Save: $****** (**%)
Only 1 left in stock.
Ships from and sold by ***********.

We would be more than happy to price match if the item was sold by and shipped from **********. *********** is not a local retailer.

You are falsely advertising, stating that you price match to **********, not specifying that third party vendors listed on ********** are not included.

The statement "we beat ANY Price, ANY Day - Guaranteed." is FALSE AND MISLEADING.

I've noticed the website has since been changed and advertising is different - proving that I have a VALID point... owever, the company is still not willing to honor the price match that I provided.
From: ******* ****** (mailto:*********************)
Sent: Tuesday, **************** 4:21 PM
To: Better Business Bureau
Subject: RE: BBB Complaint Case# ********* (Ref#******************************)

The response from NFM is not valid. They're providing a different item than I originally provided, stating the items were not the same. The item that I provided initially was the exact same model, sku, color, everything. The response they just sent over was from a different vendor, different sku's, etc stating it's not the same. And that's because they information they're providing is NOT the information that I provided to their customer service and staff. I have screen shots to prove what I provided to them was the EXACT same item.

They've also changed the wording on their website, regarding their 'price match guarantee' - but are unwilling to admit that I have a point, and they were falsely advertising (which is why the advertisement was changed).... My point is that they should honor my price match because they're misleading customers.... That's not right.

01/12/2015Delivery Issues | Read Complaint Details

NFM is falsely advising customers of delivery dates on their website. Apparently the date mentioned is actually the ship date.
I placed two recent orders with NFM. One on ***** and another on *****. In both cases, my online account specified a delivery date. Apparently delivery date actually means the actual ship date on the NFM side. In both of these instances, gifts were significantly late and not delivered as promised according to the website. Order numbers specifically were ******** (*************) & ******** (*********), both paid with my NFM account. In addition, with the order placed on *****, the homepage on NFM.COM specified that delivery would be guaranteed by ********* if the item was ordered within the next 2 business days (ordered by *****). My order was placed on *****, however, it now won't be received until *****. When I called to inquire about my order placed on *****, I was advised that the ship date should have been Monday, *****, however, it still hadn't been shipped until *****. Customer service tried to blame the issue on *** initially which is ridiculous because they advise *** when to come and pick up the order and a shipping label wasn't even issued until *****. Customer service offered me a $** voucher for a future purchase which is completely inappropriate. Why would I want a credit with a company who has false practices? I am embarrassed that these gifts were not delivered as promised for truly special events for my family and customer service doesn't seem to care. Their tag on their homepage mentioning "we're serious about service" is completely erroneous.

I would like a written apology and a notification by corporate that they have changed their practices and resolve the verbiage on customers accounts reflecting expected shipment date, not delivery date unless they can provide an accurate delivery date. They are falsely promising customers delivery of products and not being held to that information. I also expect an appropriate credit for the two items that were significantly delayed for my family members. I would like to credit them personally for the inconvenience and I do not wish to receive a store credit. I don't know that I can trust a company like this to deliver on their services as promised.

I do apologize on behalf of Nebraska Furniture Mart for the delay and the inconvenience that the delay has caused. With the holiday season there was more deliveries then anticipated and there was a delay getting these items out to the customers when originally expected. We did offer the customer a $** in store credit for the inconvenience. We are unable to change the verbiage on the website but it does say estimated delivery.

I do not accept this response. I find it unbelieveable that they are unable to change the verbiage on their own website. You are misleading customers with verbiage that states delivery estimates when the date is an actual shipment estimate, two totally different dates. Also, offering me a in-store credit for your erroneous and misleading information is not appropriate in my opinion as I had two different gifts late for two totally different events (so blaming the holiday season is ridiculous). I should receive some alternative compensation for this inconvenience, I am not satisfied.

This customer concerns have been addressed. NFM has written the apology letter as requested in regards to the delay with a 3rd party shipper. NFM has also increased the customers credits from $** for in store use only to $** back to the customer's finance account for the inconvenience. Copies of these documents along with the letter of apology have been mailed ******. Customer had requested NFM change specific language used on the NFM website and this request has been forwarded to NFM's e-commerce division. At this time, NFM cannot confirm nor deny changes will be made.

01/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Advertised merchandise marked at the wrong price!
I purchased a Treasure chest-medium oak at $****** Paid in full over the phone, service person ****** ****** the SKU-******** Quantity 1 total purchase price $****** I still have the invoice that was sent to me.I received a letter stating a pick up date as will call.When I called to pick up the order they said they made a mistake and that the price was marked wrong on there ad. I already paid for this item. I cannot help it! the service person even went through the whole thing with me on the phone. I kept all this paperwork because it saddens me that they get away with false advertisement! I argued with them on the phone about it and the man that called me back practically begged me to let it go. I told him that it upsets me that I am the one hurt in the deal and that they dont honor their mistake!

I would like to still be able to purchase this item like i ordered in the first place.

Business Response /* (***0, 5, 2014/12/22) */
I do apologize for the frustration this has caused. Upon reviewing your complaint I found your order that was placed on ******* for the Medium Oak Treasure Chest (sku ********). It looks like you spoke with a customer service representative on ****** who saw the price discrepancy. A sales manager was then notified and looked into the matter. You were then informed by a customer service manager of the mistake and the order was cancelled with a full refund. We do understand that there was a mistake and I'm sorry this has saddened you for so long. We offered you a courtesy discount letter at that time which you declined because you no longer wished to shop with us; I would still like to offer you a $*** CDL if you would accept it. This piece is normally priced at $*******, I was unable to locate the ad that you stated it was misprinted in, I assume that it was supposed to be on sale for $*******, at the bottom of all of our ads there is a disclaimer that states "Nebraska Furniture Mart shall not be held liable for errors or omissions. In the event of an error we will make every effort to accommodate our customers." I understand that you'd like to purchase the chest at $****** but I am unable to sell you that chest at that price. We do appreciate your business and hope that you are able to shop with us again.

Nebraska Furniture Mart

it seems to me that they would have an excuse to do so...i was always taught that the customer was right! in this case, your mistake and I have to pay for it! I will never step foot into your store again!...and as anyone knows in customer service, i have *****************************, one bad complaint and that person tells everyone, but do something nice and you dont hear about it too often! Thanks NFM, i will NOT SHOP at any of your stores!!

12/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Called to get replacement parts for a **** chair.Spoken with several people, that all promised to follow up. Have had no response.
About **** we called to inquire as to replacement parts for a *********** Chair. After several phone calls made our our behalf, as no one at NFM will call back, even when they commit to it. I filed a complaint on NFM website on *****. As of this writing I still have heard NOTHING from them. Here I am looking to spend money with them, it is sad they are they only game in town, and they either don't think they need or want my money. They are so large that not one of the people I have spoken with has ever felt the need to make an apology for the non-actions of anyone else that has dropped the ball on this issue.

I want to be able to purchase replacement parts for this chair. I would prefer at this point to buy them somewhere else than NFM. But if I am stuck with NFM I want a letter of apology, and commitment to make this right.

I apologize for any inconveniences this experience with us has caused. After our conversation on **********, I called and left a message with the vendor regarding the availability and cost of the parts needed for the **** chair and also sent an email to their part specialist. So far I haven't heard anything, but I will continue to follow up with the vendor and with the customer until we have gotten our answers and resolved the issue at hand.
We definitely want our customer to have a great experience with us, and I apologize that this may not be the case with this due to not getting follow up on it. Hopefully we can get our answers from the vendor and get this resolved as quickly as possible.
If you have any further questions in the mean time, please feel free to contact customer service.

Spoke with rep on *****, was expecting cb no later than ****. Rep called and left message to cb. Did return call and left vm on ****, still no response from NFM as of ****. This has been the issue with them since the beginning. If you are not able to speak to them on their terms, they are not interested in calling you back. It must be great to be the only game in town, so you don't have to take care of customers or are concerned what the customer opinion is.

Final Consumer Response /* (4200, 11, 2014/*****) */
As of ***** I am still not in receipt of any parts, and I recall we agreed on $******. I agreed to this as my online search for the parts came to about $******, which included shipping. I see the credit card provided has been charged for $******. Even if I add tax to the agreed amount the total charge should be ******. What's the difference and when can I expect parts to arrive. So now we're down to a discussion of $***** difference.

I apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing with this **** chair kit. The parts arrived to your home on ********. After speaking with you, today, we agreed $***** was to be refunded to your card. I am happy we have resolved this issue. Thank you for your patience and for shopping with us. Please be sure to let us know if you have any further concerns.

Furniture - Retail, Floor Coverings & Installation, Floor Refinishing, Floor Resurfacing, Floor Removal, Resurfacing and Refinishing, Floor Removal, Carpet Installation, Home Electronics - Designers, Home Economics Consultants, Hardwood Floor Maintenance, Carpet & Rug Dealers - Persian/Oriental Rugs, Appliances - Major - Dealers, Interior Decorators & Designers, Home Theater, Mattresses, Carpet Layers, Furniture - Childrens, Tile - Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Carpet & Rug Dealers - New, Lamps & Lamp Shades - Retail, Floor Materials - Retail, Tile - Non-Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Floor Laying, Refinishing & Resurfacing, Auto Service - Sound Systems Sales & Service, Electronic Equipment & Supplies - Dealers, Pictures, Linoleum Dealers, Television & Radio - Dealers, Compact Discs, Tapes & Records - Retail, Lighting Fixtures - Retail, Electric Equipment - Service & Repair