BBB Accredited Business since 11/26/2014

Terryl's Flower Garden

01/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We did not receive what we paid for. After contacting the owner we were treated disrespectfully have not gotten compensation we were told we would get
We went in to order flowers for our wedding, which was *************. We ordered our flowers and put down a $*** deposit in *****. In late ***, early **** I got a phone call saying that what we ordered could not be done because they did not have the flowers we wanted in the colors we had asked. When I asked why we were still able to order it that way I got an unclear answer. This happen once more on *************. I went in to pick up an arrangement we had ordered for the rehearsal dinner and she told me that some flowers I had ordered for the bouquets did not come in so she was going to change them to something else. She asked if it was alright and I only agreed because it was the day before the wedding and I did not want to go without flowers. When I asked about it I got another unclear answer. After telling me about the bouquets, she wanted me to change something else we ordered. We ordered 2 low lying arrangements and specifically told her they needed to be low lying because they were going to be on the head table. She basically told us that was crazy and they should be up in vases so people could see them. I had to explain to her at least 3 times why we needed them low lying. By this point I was stressed out and confused why my orders were not happening the way I ordered them. I went to look at the arrangement we ordered for the rehearsal dinner and noticed some of the flower petals were wilted and turning brown at the tips. She told me it was because they were real. They next day (the wedding day) the flowers looked wilted and droopy. During the ceremony an entire flower fell off of my bouquet and several petals fell from my bridesmaids. Later I found out that most of the corsages, boutonnieres and all but one of the bouquets were dead by the end of the night. We never received two of the boutonnieres we ordered. We also ordered a corsage for my grandmother that had to be made with artificial flowers and was told that she put it on before the ceremony and it completely fell apart on her wrist during the ceremony. The Tuesday after the wedding I received a phone call from the owner (*****) saying we would be compensated for the boutonnieres (she knew because a family member contacted her). Once I told her about everything else she started to be rude and act unprofessionally. She told me she would take care of getting us our money back for the boutonnieres. One month later we still had not received anything. I went into the store to talk to her about it. When I told her who I was she immediately started to act rude and unprofessional again. She told us that the flowers were dead because we did not take care of them properly. I told her the people who handled the flowers before the ceremony are the same people who take care of them every week before the church services and they have never killed flowers before. When I told her about the flower falling off of my bouquet she asked me "What were you doing to your bouquet to make it do that?" When I told her I was listening to the ceremony she told me I had to have been doing more than that. I then mentioned the corsage that fell apart and she asked if it was fake or real. I told her it was the artificial one and asked if it made a difference and she did not answer me. ***** told me that she would call me in a week to get it figured out but she would need to call her headquarters and her lawyer. It has been almost a month now and we still have not heard from her.

Due to the flowers that were ordered and not delivered and the condition of the flowers that were provided and the fact that the florist changed the flower type because she could not provide them. I feel that I should be reimbursed $*** because we did not receive everything we ordered and flowers that the florist delivered were of lesser quality and value than originally ordered.

This complaint is not completely valid and I can only respond to the complaints that were brought to my attention when speaking with the customer directly. We did contact the customer regarding the flowers that were requested in the original order to be substituted, due to them being out of season. I offered a refund on the 2 boutineers that they were missing and partial refund on the bouquet. It is not our standard to send out wilted flowers and would not have done so. There is a 48 hour guarantee on the flowers, and I did not receive a complaint until 2 weeks after the wedding.

My mother-in law went to return the vases that came with the bridesmaids bouquets on Monday the ************ ****. While there she told the employee working about what had happened with the flowers. I got a phone call from ***** on Monday ************* at 2:51 p.m. with a voice mail apologizing for the missing boutonnieres saying we would get refunded for them. I returned her call Monday ************* at 4:02 p.m. and told her about the flowers not lasting the entire night and that was when she told me she would refund a bouquet as well. I can prove these phone calls happened because it is still logged into my phone. This shows that she heard about the complaint 2 days, not two weeks after the wedding. The shop is closed on Sunday which is why we waited until they were open again to make the complaint. The 48 hour guarantee did not happen with our flowers because my grandmothers corsage fell apart after she put it on and my bridesmaid's and my bouquets were losing petals all night. I also believe that if they flowers we ordered were out of season we should have been told that upon trying to order them, not after.

Called owner (*****)and she is offering $*** to settle this complaint.

09/04/2015Problems with Product / Service

Florists - Retail, Internet Shopping, Plants - Retail, Gift Shops, Florist - Funeral Bouquets & Wreaths