In Nebraska, South Dakota, The Kansas Plains and Southwest Iowa

BBB Accredited Business since 09/05/2010

TSYS Merchants Solutions (Headquarters)

60 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 21 closed in last 12 months

06/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: The company has not deposited all funds to the business account. The company representative has promised it will take 24 hours and it has not happened
The company takes the credit card transactions and deposits the funds into the business account of the customer. In this case the company owes me over ************** that customers have paid me for the services I provided them. I own a restaurant (**************) and 95 % of my business is credit cards. Without that money deposited every day I can afford to stay open. Some of the funds were deposited today. Still there is almost ************** that are missing. I need that money immediately. As soon as I collect it I will be leaving and possibly taking legal action if it does not get resolved immediately.

TSYS Merchant Solutions has reviewed this matter. All funds should have been deposited back to the merchant account. TSYS Merchant Solutions considers this matter resolved.

06/23/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Unauthorized bank debits

Complaint: TSYS took $****** w/o authorization or notice.
TSYS was my Card Processor. Upon closing the account I was informed to wait for a Return Coupon via mail to ship the Processing Machine to them. They claim it was mailed on ***********. I looked for it in the mail, it did not come. Without authorization or notice they withdrew $****** from my account ************. It caused NSF fees and I was unable to pay my rent. I called them and demanded they put the money back and they refused until they rec'd their machine. I mailed the machine ************ Certified Return Receipt USPS. This action upset me financially, was hostile and poor business. They took liberties with the bankding system for which they should be disciplined for.

TSYS Merchant Solutions has reviewed the matter. A refund of ****** was submitted on **********. Within 3-5 business days the refund should be in the merchant account. TSYS Merchant Solutions considers this matter resolved.

05/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: No one has returned my call to clarify anything pertaining to our account.
I have been trying for over 8 days to speak to someone regarding our merchant account. The first representative informed me that our account was closed, but was unable to give me a reason why. He claimed he would do more research and get back to me. I also emailed what was supposed to be our sales representative who did not respond to any of my emails. After waiting several days for someone to contact me back, I decided to call again. This time the rep that I spoke with had me on hold for over an hour. Once he finally came back to the line he still did not know why our account had been closed. He then attempted to say that he would have someone call me back within a few days. I declined his offer and asked to speak to someone today seeing that no one had called me in the last 8 days. He then got frustrated and sent me to the survey line which hung up on me after I was forced to complete it. I then attempted to call back again and was on hold again for over an hour and this representative also hung up on me. It's very frustrating for a company as large as this one have such bad customer service.

TSYS Merchant Solutions has done some research into the matter. There are no accounts that are open with TSYS Merchant solutions. No other accounts are open, this matter is considered to be resolved.

05/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support

Complaint: virtually no contact in over 12 days, even tho many emails have been sent and many phone calls made with wait times in excess of 45 minutes.
TSYS is not responding to us via emails and phone calls give us a wait time of over 45 minutes. we are locked out of our online reporting service as they changed the password and our old one does not get us access. we can not get online to check our sales against theirs and this is not acceptable as we feel we have some lost charges due to the fact that their machine went defective and the new ones sent to us were not programmed correctly. we are not processing, but we can't verify due to not being able to access our online reporting.

TSYS Merchant Solutions has done research into this matter. A refund of ****** should reflect in merchants account within a week. TSYS Merchant Solutions considers this matter closed.

TSYS Merchant Solutions has completed research into the matter. The refund has already been issued, that was mentioned in prior response. This matter is considered resolved.

04/08/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to correct billing errors

Complaint: My business contracted with TSYS for credit card processing services. We never received the information to use the service but TSYS will not refund.
On *************** ********************** signed an agreement with TSYS to provide credit-processing services. We were never provided the necessary information to setup the credit processing service so we never used the service.

TSYS billed our checking account monthly as follows:

*************** $*****
*************** $*****
************* $*****

We left voicemail messages for representative ***** ******** and his supervisor, ****** ***** in an attempt to resolve this situation. We also disputed the charges with **********.

We sent a letter to TSYS on ************* requesting full refund of the charges. We have
also spoken to customer service twice since ************* requesting refund of the charges but there has been no response.

Thank you for your help. ***** ***, *******

In an effort to resolve this matter, TSYS Merchant Solutions, has investigated this matter. The account in which Ms. *** is referring to is **************************. Our records show that ********************** was reached on ********** to schedule training. This was to take place on **********, when the trainer contacted there was no answer. Our records indicate that the account is closed, and a refund of $****** was issued on **********. TSYS Merchant Solutions considers this matter to be resolved.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
I would like a copy of any records TSYS has to support its contention that training was scheduled on *******. There was no response by TSYS to efforts to contact TSYS at anytime. There has never been any response to *** phone calls to customer representative ***** ******** and his supervisor, ****** *****. Emails sent by *** to Mr. ********'s address at ****************** bounced back.

While I appreciate the $****** refund I believe a full refund of ****** is appropriate under the circumstances.

Thank you, ***** ***.

In regards to the ****** that merchant, ***** ***, has advised about. TSYS Merchant Solutions has refunded the amount of ****** on **********. This should be reflecting in the merchants account by end of week. TSYS Merchant SOlutions considers this matter to be resolved.

04/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: An extra *** dollars was pulled from my account on **** and has yet to be returned.
I purchased a ********* from **************** on ****. That day I put *** down and the remaining monies on Tuesday. On **** TSYS (**************** Credit Card Company) pulled another *** from my account. I spoke with ****** ****** an **************** employee and he stated that all people who shopped on **** were charged again due to an error with TSYS. Through Mr. ****** TSYS told him monies would be deposited back by Monday ***. This has yet to happen. My checking account is *** less which is causing me difficulties with paying my some of my bills.

TSYS Merchant solutions is requesting additional information from the card holder. If the card holder would be able to provide the last 4 of the card used and the location address (or approximate address) of where they used the card. TSYS merchant solutions will be able to reimburse the card holder. We are only able to accomplish this upon receiving further information.

Initial Consumer Rebuttal
The last 4 digits of my card are **** and it was used at **************** ******************** *****. Once money is put back into my account I will click yes.

After further research, TSYS Merchant Solutions, has found that the merchant, ****************, has completed this refund. On ********** a refund in the amount of ****** was completed. TSYS Merchant Solutions considers this matter to be resolved. If any additional follow up is required please contact the location mentioned.

I just looked at my bank account and the money is there, I didn't get the normal email alert that a deposit was made. Two issues still exist, does ****** get reimbursed the *** and TSYS had $*** of my own money interest free for almost 3 weeks. TSYS should compensate me, even a tiny bit, for a having my money for close to 3 weeks without repaying. ****** worked hard to fairly compensate me when the error was on TSYS behalf. Where is TSYS trying to fairly compensate a major inconvenience in my life?

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

11/07/2013Problems with Product / Service
12/17/2012Billing / Collection Issues
09/28/2012Problems with Product / Service
06/12/2012Billing / Collection Issues

Credit Card Processing Service, Banking Services, Credit Card - Merchant Services, Risk Management