BBB Accredited Business since 07/23/2002

Chat Mobility

02/16/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They are selling old technology with warranty that the manufactures will not honor. When I returned a few days later with a problem , ...
Chat Mobility I signed up for a * year data plan for 2 phones last week,a *************** for the wife and a ***************** ( like the one Ive used for the last 2 years. The ******** office lady transfered the information from my old ******** to the new one . The contacts list was scrambled and some had to be redone by me when I got home . None of the ring tones would work (except for the locked ones) and You cant transfer any pictures from the phone to the computer or phone using the usb. I returned to the Chat mobility office in ******** and tried to get some help,but all sales lady would do was dial my phone number to hear it ring and said "your phone works and I didn't guarantee any of the phones features would work,if you don't like it ,get out of my office". I was ordered out of the store ,and she was very hostile about it . What do you think I should do about this ?Lawyer time? She refused to send in the phone saying if it rings it works. Very dissatisfied . I will not be going back in there.

Full refund and release of contract. I feel I was abused and disgraced in front of other customers in the store . I tried to tell the agent what was wrong with the phone but she had already made up her mind not to help,buy saying they dont guarantee the fones features to work ,and she refused to send it in for warranty. I was ordered out of the store.

Contact Name and Title: ***** ********
Contact Email: ************************
Chat Mobility released customer from the contract with no penalties, received the phones purchased from the customer and gave full credit on the account including the purchased accessory. The refund check will be sent out next week.

An apology has also been presented to the customer and we appreciate his long relationship with Chat Mobility.

07/26/2013Problems with Product / Service

Cell Phone & Tablet Equipment, Supplies & Repair, Telecommunication Design, Telecommunication Equipment & Systems Dealers, Telephone Equipment & Systems Dealers