BBB Accredited Business since 10/29/1987

Carpet Land

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

02/18/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Was sold carpet that was not available. Error caught during installation. Replacement carpet not as desirable. Asked for discount due to error.
Purchased *********** carpet #***** and pad from Carpet Land at **********************, *********** ***** on ********. Sales person was ***** *******. Master bedroom, hallway and stairs were to be carpeted. Total price was $*******. I paid $******. Installation date was *****************. Installers arrived on ********,at 9 am, they took out the old carpet and pad and began installing the new carpet. After workers cut bedroom carpet, I realized they did not have the right carpet. I called Carpet Land. Spoke to a woman who checked records and said that it appeared that they did bring out the wrong carpet. She said the workers should remove the carpet and return to the shop. She also said that ***** would call and correct the mistake. This was about 10 am. ***** called at 12:30 pm and told me that their inventory records were wrong and they did not have the carpet I had purchased. I asked her how that could have happened, that no on caught the mistake at the time of purchased or at the time they prepared the order for installation. She just said mistakes happen. She asked if I wanted my second choice in carpets, I told her no, I wanted to see what else was available. I went to Carpet Land. ***** met me and said that she found another carpet similar to the one I picked out. It was a commercial style carpet. ***** said that the carpet was the same price and in stock. ***** said I could only select carpets of same cost or less, or I had to pay the higher price. I felt I had no options but to get some type of carpet from Carpet Land. My old carpet and been removed, I had tack boards sticking up out of the floor and it was 3 days before *********. I told them I would take the commercial carpet. Workers returned later that day, about 5 pm. Work was completed about 8 pm. I received an invoiced for the balance of the bill of $****** in early *******. I sent a letter to Carpet Land asking for a discounted invoice due to their errors. ***** called and said that she could not authorize a discount because I received a higher quality carpet. She would discuss the matter with the owner. On ************ I called Carpet Land and spoke to **** the owner. He said ***** never spoke to him about my request for a discount. He said that either he or ***** would call me back. ***** called today, ************. She said that Carpet Land would not be discounting my invoice. They said that while they made a mistake, they gave me a better quality carpet even though it was not what I wanted. My complaint with Carpet Land is the following - they sold me carpet that was not available. Their inventory records were incorrect. This mistake was not found when my order was prepared. Had I been notified of the problem with my purchased, prior to my carpeting being removed, I could have taken different steps to obtain other carpet, I may have asked for a refund and gone to another store. As it was, I had to do something three days before *********. I do not believe Carpet Land gave me acceptable options for resolving their mistakes. I felt that a discount, was a reasonable request.

Asked Carpet Land for a discount to be applied to the purchase price of the Carpet. Carpet Land at no time asked what would be an acceptable discount. Good Customer Service should be worth a **% discount.

We do not feel that a refund is valid considering she received a much higher quality carpet.
She accepted the alternative carpet. She had specific color & nap height requests so it limited her selection. We will credit her Invoice $*** as a good will gesture & send her a new Invoice.

01/20/2014Problems with Product / Service
12/11/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

On ******** we had a wood laminate floor installed & it's still incomplete. We call Carpet Land everyday and they make appts to fix but no-one shows
On ******** we had a wood laminate floor installed in our kitchen and living room but the job is not finished as of today (********). We have been given several appointments that Carpet Land will be back out to fix and no one ever shows up on those days. We paid $**** and our floor is still imcomplete. I have family coming on thanksgiving and I'm afraid they will trip and get hurt. I am legally disabled because of my vision and it's a huge tripping hazard.

I want the floor finished or a partial refund

Contact Name and Title: ****** / Manager
Contact Email: ********************************
This job was set up between our installer and the consumer and our installer did not show up the first time. The installer then rescheduled on ***** and the trims were installed on *****.

12/08/2014Problems with Product / Service
07/18/2014Problems with Product / Service

Carpet & Rug Dealers - New, Floors - Hardwood, Floor Coverings & Installation, Floor Refinishing, Floor Resurfacing, Floor Removal, Resurfacing and Refinishing, Floor Removal, Carpet Installation, Hardwood Floor Maintenance, Upholstery and Rug Cleaning, Upholstery & Carpet Cleaning, Hardwood Floor Contractors, Floor Laying, Refinishing & Resurfacing, Linoleum Dealers, Carpet & Rug Cleaners, Tile - Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Floor Materials - Retail