BBB Accredited Business since 01/16/2002

C.E. Smith Cabinets

04/04/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The cabinet I ordered which was made to be exactly like my last one that had acquired water damage did not have two important holes made in the cabinet in order to be able to access the electrical. They agreed to do one hole and didn't do it right. They refused to do the other one. Also the back splash granite for my bathrooms wasn't measure correctly when the installers tried to install it on Tuesday with my counter tops. The installer had to take it back to get fixed. They were attempting to bring the proper product back on Wednesday, but the stone shop closed early, so they were unable to. They then tried to today but the stone shop closed early again before 3:30pm. Now it can't get done until Monday at the earliest even though everything was supposed to be finished Tuesday.
Product_Or_Service: Cabinet and Counter tops

I would like them to lower my bill for all of their mistakes and the time wasted that I had to be off work. I would also like them to get the job finished Monday.

Contact Name and Title: ********** - Owner
Contact Email: *****************
CE Smith was replacing the customer's cabinet due to water damage that had occurred at the customer's residence. The customer states that we did not make the two holes required in the cabinet. The second hole was for the plumbing and the plumbing contractor should make the required hole for proper access. This point was clearly made to the customer beforehand that we would not perform the work that the plumber is responsible for.

The prior cabinet had been removed and thus estimates for the back splash measurements were required. There was a small difference that necessitated the granite backsplash to be adjusted. CE Smith did experience a day delay due to not being able to access the appropriate tools, but completed the work as expediently as possible, while working around the customer's schedule. We tried to reach the customer and left a voicemail message to discuss the issue and make sure they were satisfied, but the customer has not returned the call.

I had holes that needed put in my cabinet in order to excess electrical that were not made, and that CE smith refuse to make. I had to have a different contractor come make on whole because they covered up a LIVE outlet. The other whole the installer made, but it wasn't the same as per my original cabinet making the out let move, and the whole for the outlet box that was made was cut incorrectly, so wood shims had to be used in order to drill in the electrical box. And Tuesday my grainte was delivered and my back spalsh wasn't templated right. I was told they would be back Wednesday to finish, and they didn't come back until the next Monday, so it was not a one day delay, and I have pictures to prove everything.

We had a service tech go out to the customer's home to correct the access to the electrical box. Our service tech also adjusted the drawers so that they opened and closed more easily. We have left a couple of messages to confirm that the cabinet is finished to her satisfaction and have offered a verbal price reduction to the customer for the hassles. We have not received a return phone call.

Cabinets, Countertops, Cabinet Doors, Cabinet Maker, Millwork