EGS Marine & Auto Detailing

08/15/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Took motorhome in to be washed, was upsold to include buffing and waxing. EGS marred many of the decals and destroyed one.
Took motorhome to E.G.S. Marine and auto detailing at ************** in ********** on Thursday *************** to have them wash it. Owner ** said it should be buffed and waxed ( or sealed ) and we agreed to it. When we picked it up on Thursday **************, many of the decals had burn marks ( I assume these were done by the buffing process ). None of the decals had buffer marks prior to EGS's service. One of the decals was destroyed and badly repaired. I cannot understand EGS selling me a service they were unable to handle. I cannot understand why they did not stop at the first sign of damage.

E.G.S. needs to pay for purchase and installation of replacement decals.

Contact Name and Title: ** ******, Owner
Contact Email: **********************
Customer stopped in for an estimate to wash a 32ft RV and schedule an appointment. The condition of the exterior of the RV was faded and sun damaged and informed the customer that what it really needed was a polish and wax. At that time I could not tell what condition the decals were in. We washed, polished and waxed the RV indoors. The silver/grey decals were heavily oxidized and dried out but did not notice a substation color change until we moved the RV out doors. one 10 inch section on the passenger side upper corner was so oxidized it did peal up when polishing that area. I made a template of the area and attempted to match the color but my supplier was out of stock of that color. I informed the customer I would have a matching piece cut and ready to instal the next day. I have that piece now. As far as the other decals, only the silver/grey has a problem with oxidizing and Im confident that they can be slowly polished an not degraded anymore. If that is not possible we will have to look at other options. But I would like to try to fix the original decals first. This is a fairly simple fix. It would have been nice if the customer would have called me so we could rectify the problem on our own rather than a formal complaint, my first in over 20 years. We are not perfect by I will always try to correct any problem

Auto Detailing