BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 01/01/1962
Union Bank & Trust Company
Phone: (402) 323-1828
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Billing / Collection Issues||2|
|Problems with Product / Service||3|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||5|
Complaint Breakdown by Resolution
|12/06/2013||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Unauthorized changes to the contract or agreement
Complaint: I requested a bill date change and was told it was fine and I would receive papers shortly.The change was nevr made, no papers recvd form the bank.
Initial Business Response
Complaint Resolution: Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
|06/17/2013||Billing / Collection Issues|
|06/10/2013||Billing / Collection Issues|
|01/11/2013||Problems with Product / Service|
|07/22/2011||Problems with Product / Service|
Banks, Deposit Protection, Real Estate Services, Leasing Service, Trust Companies, Mortgage Brokers, Real Estate Loans, Loans - Small Business, Loans, Investment Advisory Service, Financing, Financial Planning Consultants
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Nebraska, South Dakota, TheKansas Plains and Southwest Iowa. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*Union Bank & Trust Company is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
Additional Email Addresses
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
Industry Tips for BanksBBBTips on Business Credit
BBBTips on Putting Together a Budget
BBBTips on Saving and Investing
BBBTips on SBA Loans
Beware of Predatory Practices in Home Mortgage Lending
Beware of Abusive Lending Practices
Choosing a Credit Card for Your Business
Financial Aid for College
High Cost Payday Lenders Advertise Everywhere
Home Buyers: Protect Yourself from Predatory Lenders
Investors Warned Not to Risk Homes to Buy Securities
Is your Living Trust Salesperson Trust-worthy?
Know the Facts about Reverse Mortgages
Looking for Sound Financial Advice for Your Business?
Shop, Compare and Negotiate - But Move with Caution When Refinancing Your Mortgage
Phony Grant Foundations Target Business Owners
Dont Get Taken to the Bank - Protect Your ATM and Debit Cards
Selecting a Financial Planner
Steps to Starting Your Own Business
To Rent or Buy - Which is Right for You
Your Rights as a Financial Planning Client
Zero-Percent Financing Deals Not Always the Best Deal
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.