In Nebraska, South Dakota, The Kansas Plains and Southwest Iowa

Cox Country Auto & Biofuel, Inc.

01/14/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide invoice or estimate for repair upon request

Complaint: I just would like my car back.
I dropped my ************ off to have the brakes power bleed because of a no brake pedal issue back in the **************. I told *******, the owner that, since I was working in **************, and not getting home very often, he could have it as long as he needed, no rush. In the *********** I called and checked on the progress, told he had looked at it but wasn't fixed, and again said no problem, no rush. Finally after not hearing anything, I stopped at his shop the first part of ****** of this year before he opened, looked at and inspected my vehicle and discovered that the key was in the ignition, the battery was dead, and the brakes still went to the floor: i.e. nothing had been fixed. I waited until he opened the shop, and told him I would like to pay what I owed. He acted indignant that I hadn't been by to pick up the car, this after a year had gone by. He then proceeded to find my invoice on his computer. Low and behold, there was no invoice! Couldn't find one! He then claimed the car was fixed and had contacted me several times to pick the car up. I then informed him I had checked the car over before he got there, and that I knew it hadn't been repaired since it had the same symptoms as when I brought it in. I then asked him to fix it, let me know the cost, and I'll get it out of there. I just stopped by this past Friday, ************* and discovered nothing has been done and still don't know what I owe, or if I can just get my car back. I will say if I am to be charged for repairs not done, I will be filing another complaint. Or if charged outlandish storage fees, I will be filing another complaint.

To whom it may concern,

Mr. *** brought his ******** to Cox Country Auto,Inc on ***********, he requested to have the brakes checked and repaired, he left the vehicle and stated there was no hurry because he was going out of town for a short time. We then found the problem and repaired as requested. About two months went by and we tried to contact Mr. *** to let him know his car was done but had no luck and we tried to contact him every couple of weeks there after with no luck. Then after nearly one and one half years go by with NO contact from Mr. ***, Cox Country Auto,Inc then sent out a CERTIFIED notice of intent and storage lien to the last known address of the registered owner, the letter came back unsigned and "by the law of the State of ********", after thirty days of receiving said letter back unsigned, Cox Country Auto,Inc can and did dispose of the vehicle. There is a notice of storage clearly posted on the wall at Cox Country Auto,Inc. that states "Any Vehicle that is not picked up after the 5th day of notice of completion there will be a $***** per day storage fee added to the bill." Mr *** can obtain a copy of the letter of intent and any other documents he may want from the ***** County Courthouse. Thank you

*******
Cox CountryAuto,Inc

Mr. *** did not try to contact me. I had no contact from him at all. Also, as I stated in the original complaint, when I went out to pay for the vehicle's charges in early ******, he could not even pull up an invoice for the vehicle's repairs on his computer which confirmed that no repair was performed. It was what is called a 'Wall Job". I have been trying since ****** to try to find out what the charges were, to no avail. I stand by my original complaint. As for contacting me about disposing of the vehicle, I never received any notice from him about that either. And Mr. *** may be in some legal trouble since the vehicle is titled to my daughter , not to me.

******* called the BBB and said that he can find out anything with the court house as it is all documented. The car belonged to the daughter and not him so the certified letter was sent to his daughter at the last known address and after 90 days it is legal to dispose of the vehicle.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Auto Repair & Service, Auto Services, Transmissions - Automobile, Engines - Rebuild & Exchange, Consultants - Auto Repair, Brake Service, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Diagnostic Service, Clutches, Auto Air Conditioning Equipment