In Nebraska, South Dakota, The Kansas Plains and Southwest Iowa

National Marketing Classifieds

32 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 6 closed in last 12 months

05/23/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: I contracted with them to sell a ******* for me online and never heard from anyone wanting to buy it. have called number and all I get is a recorded message that no one is available to talk to me. No one has ever returned my calls when I leave a message, and they took $*** out of my checking account.
Product_Or_Service: advertising and to sell ******* within 2 business

I will be replying to the customer with this same response via email to them to ensure quicker resolution.

We started advertising Mr *********** ******* on ******* vii a our website and network of partner sites. Here are some links to his ad.

I am also not finding any calls from ************ only 2 calls to that number because of the volume of calls. Only numbers we call or have on record will properly be routed the the representative. The rest are routed to customer service. Without pertenent information they will not know how to respond to those calls. Are you calling from a different phone number? If not what phone number are you calling into?

We have a strict no refund policy, because our advertising service works just like a newspaper. Once we place your listing for sale we have fulfilled the service you pay for. However, we will keep your ad running and make any needed changes you want until you ask us to remove it.

You may contact customer service at
************
***************

05/16/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: False or unsubstantiated claims in advertisement

Complaint: We used National Marketing to advertise our ** for sale. Can not find our ad in any of the web sites they said they would use.
National Marketing called us wanting us to advertise our ** that is for sale with them. They charged $****** with the ad to run until sold or we cancel. We listed with them on ********. **** *******, lady we worked with, told us that **% of their listing are sold in one month or less. National Marketing identified several web sites that would be linked to our **. ******, ****,and *********. They told us interested buyers could enter or ** model, year, etc in any of these sites and it would link to our ad with them. I tried each of these sites several times. I entered our ** information, **************************** in the search bar with numerous **** identified but none were ours. Our ad shows on their web site NMSELL.com but not on any of the major sites as promised. I have called them numerous times in the last week but they have not returned our call.

Since they will not return our call, they are not providing the services as described in their emails, which I can forward to you, and we have not received any calls or emails regarding our ** we just want our money back. Three more days and it will be one month. When they were trying to get us to list with them they called in the evenings, Saturdays and Sundays. Now that we have listed with them and paid them they will not return my call. On their web site our ad shows 74 views but I am not sure that is accurate. We listed with a similar company and our ad shows over 5000 visists over two years but not on call or email from any interested party. My guess is they are adding to the counter to show activity but not spending the money to actually link our ad as described.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
Case is being handled by another organization: Credit card company used to pay

There was an error in the phone system, when this customer tried to call their sales rep **** it was putting it in someone elses mailbox. This has been resolved. The customer could have called and can call customer service anytime they have questions. ************ or email ***************

I know they got our initial email message with their receipt and ad confirmation because I show a click on the link in that message to them. So they did have customer service information. Although their rep would have called them back had she got the message.

**** never got the message, I have asked for **** and customer service to call this customer as well as emailed a copy of this response to the customer so they can get the answers right now.

The counter on their ad is 100% legitimate information. It counts any new visitors to their ad. Most of our partner listing which I've included a bunch below so the BBB and the customer can see their ad is also posted elsewhere as promised, link back to the ad on our website.

Any companies who has thousands of customers a year, we have over 4500 a year is bound to get complaints. Whats important about our 32 complaints (less then 1% of our customers) is that they are all resolved.

No refund is due to this customer, we have provided the services that we promise to provide and that they agreed to by clicking a link in their order email and then clicking a box to agree to our terms of service.

************************************************************************

*************************************

*******************************************

*************************************************************l

**********************************************************************

***********************************************

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

**************************************************************************

05/12/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Advertising Complaint Issue

Complaint: Calling early morning hours soliciting their services, *** ***** called multiple times after I expressly stated do not solicit me with their services.
Spamming my phone to try to get me to list my vehicle for sale with these Bottom feeders.

I have added this number to our do not cal list, however I do not show that we have ever called this number, it however did call us this morning. If Mr ******** has another number that we are calling I will need that number in order to followup on the continued calls report and to add it to our do not cal list.

01/03/2014Problems with Product / Service
09/16/2013Advertising / Sales Issues
10/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: the company claimed they would aggressively market my mothers car. they have failed to do this.
the company claimed that they would aggressively market my mothers car. they said they would create a web page for the car and put it on ********. they have done both of these things. what they have failed to do is make the car visible on the internet. the car is a ************************. when i ****** that specific term nothing from them comes up including the ******** video. i have the car listed with ******** and that ad pops up on the first page. national marketing classifieds' ad is nowhere to be seen. they also claim to have 100 affiliate web sites that will list the car. i have been able to find none of these. when i did the search i went thru six pages and nothing. i made the mistake of believing a fast talking salesman without doing my research first. if they cannot fulfill their part of the bargain i want my money back.

We apologize that this car is not selling as fast as you'd hoped. We have been marketing this ad since ********* and will continue to do so until sold or you tell us to remove it. Two pieces of information I see this ad is missing that could limit it exposure and the number of people looking at it are the VIN Number and Milage.

National Marketing Classifieds, website, information pages, order confirmation, sales team makes no claims t how quickly an ad will sell, nor how relevant or quickly it will index in search results. This ad was placed just about two weeks ago and we have done everything we promise to do. On a side note the ad at ******** has been listed at least a month and has had more time to index throughout the net.

We do promise to market until sold on all of our relevant partner sites for a one time fee until sold. We have done this. We allow unlimited changes to your ad and up to 20 color photos.

On ********* you reviewed your ad from IP Address ************, as well as many times since then. You also agreed to our terms of service that same day from that same IP. Our terms or service area available at www.nmsell.com/tos and are viewable when you agree to them. In short they state we'll market your item for a one time fee, that we do not offer refunds and that we make no claim as to how quickly or if an item will sell.

Because we have held up our end of our service offerings a refund is not due. Please provide us a VIN Number and Mileage as well as any other updates you'd like at any time.

Doing a search of ************************ for sale, result 8 is the ******* ad we placed

Doing a search of ************************ ***********, results, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, are ads we placed.

Here are a few direct links to ads placed via our service, many of these sites such as *****, ************** and ******* also list your car on multiple other websites once they get your ad from us.

THEY DID NOT FULFILL THEIR OBLIGATION TOPUT MY CAR ON ********. IT WAS ONLY DONE AFTER I CHECKED ********. WHEN I SAW THE CAR WAS NOT ON ******** I CALLED THEM AND **** SAID HE WOULD PUT THE CAR ON ******** WHICH HE DID. **** SAID THE CAR WOULD BE PUT ON ******** BUT NOBODY DID IT UNTIL CALLED THEM ON IT. AS FAR AS THE MILLAGE IT IS ON THE ******** AD WHICH IS WHERE THEY LIFTED THE PICS FOR THE ******** AD. WHY DIDN'T THEY GET THE MILLAGE FROM THAT AD? AND NO ONE FROM NATIONAL MARKETING CLASSIFIEDS HAS EVER ASKED ME FOR THE VIN NUMBER. AS FAR AS THE SEARCHES GO I DID FIND THE AD AND A COUPLE OF THE RELATED ONES ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE ****** SEARCH "******************* FOR SALE". THEY WERE THERE ALONG WITH THE ******** AD. WHEN I ****** "*******************" I FIND THAT THE ********************.COM
AD HAS GONE FROM PAGE SIX TO PAGE SEVEN! IS THIS WHAT HEY MEAN BY INDEXING THRU THE NET? ITS GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT SEARCH TERM IS ************************ AND UNDER THAT SEARCH TERM THEY HAVE FAILED TO PRESENT MY CAR AS PROMISED. THE ******** AD IS ON THE FIRST PAGE UNDER BOTH THOSE SEARCH TERMS. THEY CLAIM TO DO A BETTER JOB THAN ********* BUT THAT IS FALSE. AND WHO IS IS GOING TO SEARCH FOR ************************ IN ******* NC? NOT TO MANY PEOPLE I THINK. THEY STATE THAT THEY MAKE NO CLAIM ABOUT THE LENGTH OF TIME IT WILL TAKE FOR A CAR TO SELL HOWEVER THIS IS NOT TRUE. **** STATED THAT MOST CARS LISTED WITH THEM SELL WITHIN EIGHT MONTHS. SOUNDS LIKE A CLAIM TO ME. THE BOTTOM LINE FOR ME IS THAT THEY SEEM TO BE INDIFFERENT. I BELIEVE THEY ONLY DO AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE UNTIL SOMEONE CALLS TO COMPLAIN. FINALLY THEY STATE THAT THEY DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS BUT WHEN I ASKED **** FOR A REFUND HE SAID" I'LL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THAT ONE". HE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A NO REFUND POLICY. I STILL WANT A REFUND

I'm sorry that you are not satisfied with your advertisement. As I stated before. We can put your advertisement out there, but how fast and what number it's indexed at we have very little control over.

We did exactly as our service offering explains and we did it for a discounted price. To get on ******* you must sign up for our Gold Package which is $***, you signed up for our Silver package which is $***, however you got it for a discounted price of $****** "****" gave you the free ******* upgrade because you were not satisfied with your listing.

**** may have mentioned that we can do *******, we can also do ****, but those services cost more then the standard listing fee.

ALL information about our services, refund policy, listing partners is listed on our website and on our receipts. Which was emailed to you.

Requests for photos, mileage, color, vin, description is all requested in the ad confirmation email we sent you when we put your ad online.

ClassicCarSellersUSA is OUR website, where we listed your car for sale. Page 8 is not an indexing. The page it's on depends on what you search for and how many ads have been placed after yours. We do not sell you on our website listing. We sell the fact the we can and did list your ********* on multiple website across the internet.

This complaint is because your ********* hasn't sold, we make no promise to that. We do promise to keep it listed for a one time fee until sold. Unlike ******** who charges you on a monthly basis. You keep mentioning ******** over and over, keep in mind it also has not sold via their service, once the right person sees your ad it will sell. The reason we are "better' is because ******** list it on their site only. We have you listed on multiple sites, increasing the chances that someone will see it.

We have a no refund policy because, once we put your ad out there we've done the work. It's out there. We can obviously take it down but our fee is for listing the item, which we did and as I mentioned before we did for a discounted price.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.

06/03/2013Advertising / Sales Issues