BBB Accredited Business since 02/01/2005

AdvantEdge Quality Cars, LLC

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

01/06/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

purchased a truck on buy here pay here. paid half of the truck. asked for help or extention they refused and would not give a reason why.
I purchased a truck from advantage **** in ************* in ***********. I paid $******* for the down payment with cash plus a trade in. in **** I lost my employement, separated from my husband and was in the process of losing my mother to *************. I also have 2 children. one with **************. I made continued to make my payments and when I realized that I was going to have some problems I called and emailed the company to ask for help. In return I got emails that said they nothing they could do and I had to return the truck and lose everything. I was 22 days late on a payment. I had emailed them and told them it would be caught up to current on the 1st of ********** and they repoed my truck 2 days before the 1st. I am now a single mother with 2 kids, I have no way to get to work or get my children to their dr apts for ***** injections or neurologist apts. I know I was struggling to make the payments but they were being made. I kept in contact with ****** ****** by email and have kept every single email sent to her and received. This company does not care about its customers at all. they are rude and only care about money. I have paid over half of the loan and just wanted an extension on payments. I have emailed them since and called since they have repoed my truck and have not got any response at all as to how I am suppose to get it back. Im worried that I will not be able to come up the insane amount of money they will expect me to pay either and I feel that they do this so they can just resale my truck and make more money off of it. My name is ******** ****** and its the only name on the account. the truck is ***************************. Im not trying to get my truck for free or anything like that. I just want someone to show me some respect and communicate with me. I have no money to take them to court so I cant do that I don't have anyone to help me get a new car. I just want someone to stand up to them because I am just annoying little fly that they swat away. please help me do something. I was also not warned about a GPS thing they put on my truck to shut it off when the payment was late until after I purchased the truck and was getting ready to leave and I asked where my truck was and they then told me they were putting the GPS on it. In one of the last emails I received from ****** it stated I needed to take the truck to the dealership in ****** but I could not do that because they shut the truck off and I could not start it. so they may have offered to help by holding my truck until I could make up the payments I was behind being a 2 payment in a total of $***. and some change but they set me up for failure because I could not drive it anywhere.

I just want to have my truck back and be allowed to make my payments. or have a reason to why they don't care to help me at all in any way. 22 days past due and they were told they would get the payment on 1st of ********* and they repose it a couple days before on ******************** for that. I really hope this company does not say they care about people or customers in anyway in their mission statement because I have not seen a caring compassionate person at the company at all. I would like to have my truck back and be able to continue my loan. I don't want to have to pay some up seen amount of money either. I have had a loan before and they had no issue deferring payment to the end of my load. I do not understand why they will not do that. That is what I would like to have done.

*****************

Better Business Bureau of Kansas
****************************
******************

Re: Case No *********, ******, ********

To Whom it May Concern,

This is in response to Ms. ******'s claim against Advantedge Quality Cars. The loan was established ***************** and had 104 biweekly payments of $******, making it a 48-month loan. On ******************, Advantedge employee, ****** ****** sent an email to Ms. ****** inquiring about the note payment that was due on **************. Ms. ****** claimed to be waiting on an unemployment hearing that was scheduled for ************** and stated she would make her payment on the first of the month. During the email communication, Ms. ****** stated she had to quit her job and could not afford to have the vehicle. On **************, the Notice of Consumers Right to Cure was mailed to Ms. ****** claiming she had until ******** to have the past due amount, plus any additional amounts that came due paid. We are required to send the Notice of Right to Cure to consumers the first time an account becomes 11 days past due, and we are not required to send another notice upon future defaults.

On ************, there were more email communications between Ms. ****** and Ms. ******, in which Ms. ****** claimed to have a job and would be making the payments on the 1st of *** and all future payments would be on time. ****** inquired to where Ms. ******'s new job was, but there was no reply.

On *************, Ms. ****** contacted Ms. ****** again regarding a past due payment that was due on ************ in which there was no reply from Ms. ******. Ms. ****** also sent emails *************, *************, *************, and **************, which had no replies. On *************, ****** sent an email to Ms. ******, which Ms. ****** replied to on *************. As of *************, Ms. ****** was delinquent 2 biweekly payments that were due *** 9th and *** 23rd. Ms. ****** replied that she would be able to make a payment on the ***************. Ms. ****** had discussed the account with management and it was decided that if Ms. ****** could not make her account current by Tuesday, *************, Ms. ****** could store her vehicle at the dealership where it was purchased until she could bring the account current.

In the meantime, Advantedge had also received notice that the collision insurance had been cancelled effective *********** due to non-payment. The communication on *************, giving Ms. ****** the option of storing her vehicle to avoid further action, was the last communication that Ms. ****** had with Ms. ******. The vehicle had been disabled via the GPS starter interrupt as Ms. ****** claims, but had she called or emailed back with her intention to bring the vehicle into store as requested, it would have been enabled for her to drive the vehicle in. Furthermore, Ms. ****** was aware that a GPS Payment Protection System was installed on the vehicle, as she signed a disclosure regarding the system at the time that she purchased the vehicle, that is in her file.

When Ms. ****** failed to bring the vehicle in to store at the dealership, or make any payments on ************, as she claimed she would, Advantedge Quality Cars had no choice but to take further action to protect its interest in the collateral, especially considering the vehicle was no longer insured. On ************, Advantedge repossessed the vehicle and on ************ sent a notice of intent to sell to Ms. ******.

Ms. ****** also claims in her dispute that she has paid over half the loan, but this is not a true statement. As previously stated, this was a 48-month loan that began *****************, and Ms. ****** only made 8 months worth of payments. The fact that Ms. ****** was delinquent so often with such a new loan, as well as the fact that the insurance was cancelled due to non payment, was a considering factor when the decision was made to repossess the vehicle. Ms. ****** simply could not afford the vehicle and even made that claim to us herself.

Advantedge Quality Cars is willing to allow Ms. ****** to redeem the vehicle, much like we allow most debtors that we repossess to do. Ms. ****** would have to pay the past due on the account which is $****** at this time. However, it will be due again ***********, with a total of $****** due after that date. It would also be expected that Ms. ****** obtains full covered insurance on the vehicle. There were recovery fees in the amount of $******, which Ms. ****** will have to pay but we will allow them to be added into the loan and not paid at the time of redemption. The notice of intent to sell was sent on ************, therefore Advantedge can now legally dispose of the vehicle. However, considering Ms. ****** objections, we are willing to give her 10 more days, beginning today to redeem the vehicle under the terms stated above.

**** ********