BBB Accredited Business since 04/20/1994

Performance Toyota & Scion of La Vista

Phone: (402) 731-2000

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

01/28/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I filed a previous complaint and said that it was for information only but i decided it shouldn't be anymore. They have further done things.
My husband and I had looked and looked for what vehicle we wanted. We found a lot of really nice **************** at Performance so we called and asked a few questions. The gentleman said we should come in because we would get a great deal. So we went online and filled out a pre qualification application and then went to the dealership. Once we got there we had to wait almost a half hour to even have someone help us. The gentlemen i talked to on the phone had to go pick up his daughter so finally after about an hour of waiting someone else finally helped us because we asked if there was anything could start doing in the mean time until this guy got there. So ***** ended up helping us pick out a ****. It was raining but we only had one **** brought to us to look at after talking over the different types. We didn't even get to see what they each looked like. The gentleman that helped us pick out the **** did a great job the whole time he was helping us, but any other part after that has been such a hastle ever since we picked out that **** and moved on to other employees and other parts of the buying process. Our deal on our car got changed multiple and multiple times throughout the day we were there which then resulted in us still having to come back a completely different day and pick a different deal. They weren't very clear on what numbers of the loan went to what and what they were actually trying to charge us for the **** and onto the loan after just the ***** initial price. We were offered a towing package since we said that was very important to us and our truck came with all of the things to tow something and there wasn't anything ever about us paying money for it, they said they were going to do it for us. When they said it they said we will include the towing stuff onto the back of he **** and made it sound like you guys were doing at as a service for us buying the vehicle and that we wouldn't have to pay. Well we were there 8-9 hours the day we got the ****, some of the time just sitting there waiting. Then we had to come back two weeks later to redo paperwork which then we were there over an hour that time as well. We then got told we didn't have enough money to do the towing package when they NEVER ever mentioned anything about it costing money in the first place. They included gap insurance initially without ever really asking us. They slightly mentioned something about money from one of my other loans being added onto this loan, which they never asked us about or explained. I heard something along those lines in the middle of a conversation. The loan wasn't fully explained to us , at all. They then only gave us one key to our vehicle and keep telling us they will get us another one. The **** had a dent in it on the hood and they said they would fix it, but they are still yet to fix it. We have had this **** nearly a month and we still haven't gotten an appointment set up to come get the dent repaired or our spare key. We are still waiting on a phone call to get both. They said they weren't going to do any of that at all now. We called a week ago asking about them and they didn't even know what we were talking about at first. Then, you guys took 2-3 weeks to get our payoff of our vehicles to the credit unions for both of our trade ins causing our loans to go delinquent. Our checking account was unaccessible for a week because you guys took so long to get the payoffs to our credit unions. I am so disappointed in the professionalism of this whole entire process. We have had to deal with not having access to our money since they credit unions said they didn't even know a dealership was sending them payoffs. We love our **** and we are very happy we have it, but we are very dissatisfied with all of the things we have had to deal with. The service from ***** was great, but it was everything after that.

I want our key and dent replaced like they keep promising. They haven't followed through with anything else they said they would do on the **** when we bought it.

08/18/2014Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was told on ****** when getting an oil chg I needed struts. **** said it was definitely under warranty. There would be not charge
I said that I didn't think it was under warranty.I took my car in on **** for something else and then set up the strut app't once again **** said struts were under warranty. I called from school and 2 others teachers on speaker phone heard this info. I had to cxl that appp't and reschedule. Once again when I rescheduled the appointment I verified that the new struts would be under warranty. When I dropped off the car to get the new struts I again asked the service rep and he said yes "it shows the struts were under warranty" and I said "that I was surpised, because I didn't think they were". 3 hours after dropping my car off I got a call saying that my struts were not under warranty and it would cost about $******** to get them replaced. They thought I had a different warranty. I don't understand how I could be told 5 different times with 2 other people hearing me being told that my struts were under warranty and then being told that they weren't and it would cost me appox $******** to replace them. I would think before they told someone 5 times and even the morning that I dropped my car off, that something was under warranty they would look before I took the car all the way out there. I was teaching summer school in *********** and it was an inconvenience to have someone drive me all the way out there. I was told that they would give me a **% disc. I advised them that I already have a **% discount that they send me all the time and an extra *% for being "Lied" to 5 times and their not doing their job to begin with an extra *% was not acceptable. I feel **% off would be satisfactory for the deception and and inconvenience of having myself and others drive from *********** to get my car. I don't know how I could be told on 5 separate times that something was under warranty and find out that no one even looked up what warranty that I have. I was told that "they thought I had a different warranty." How do you not look up what warrant someone has before telling them that many time that someone is under warranty. I have bought 6 new Toyotas over the years and have never had a problem with Toyota before. If this is not settled I will never buy another Toyota. I know they sell a lot of cars so one person not buying a car from them will not make or break their business, but let them know I have already talked 2 people out of getting their cars there because they aren't honest and don't honor what they tell you. They don't even take the time to look up what warranty you have before they keep telling you that something is covered when in reality it is not. I let everyone that I teach with know the situation and if they deal with this Toyota dealership to get everything in writing because they don't honor what they verbally tell you and what is showing on their appointment form. I will also be sending out an email to the 600 people at my part time job to let them know how Performance Toyota treats their clients.

Settlemenet was described in the previous section. I feel that **% off new struts would be satisfory for the inconvenience and the deception of being told 5 different times that they would be covered under warranty. I was even told again at the time I dropped my car off to get the new struts. How does someone get told that many times, that a repair that would cost that much is under warranty without looking up what warranty they have? Thank You for your time. Looking forward to your response

Contact Name and Title: ***** *********-Svc.Mgr.
Contact Email: ******************************
Re; *** *******, After review of this complaint we find that we were in error when stating the front struts were a covered component of the extended service contract. We had initially offered a discount of **% after realizing that there had been in error but Ms.******* chose not to perform the repairs. In an effort to satisfy Ms.******* and keep her as a valued customer we will agree to replace the front struts at **% of our normal retail pricing. Our Service Manager has called and left a message for Ms.******* on ******.
Thank You.

06/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Hi !
my Contract : ********
SERVICE DELAY , KEEP MY CAR FOR A WHILE TO COLLECT MONEY FROM THE OTHER CLAIM REVISER ADJUSTER SOME WHERE.

Hi !
my Contract : ******** ( UNDER EXTENDED WARRANTY)
AFTER Sunday still no call.
I have very up set cause , they still not collect money from the other side.
I talked to manager service department and He said he 's still waiting the other site dealer pay for him and he release my car for p/up.
i asked for phone number from the other side toyoya dealer and the CLAIM REVISED ADJUSTER SAID
HE WAITED FOR INVOICE THEN HE WILL SEND THE MONEY PROCESS FOR PAY .AND ADJUSTER GUY TOLD ME TELL THEM FAX TO HIM THE INVOICE SO, HE KNOW HOW COST?
I CALLED BACK TO DEALER SHIP TO ***** AND TALKED TO MANAGER SERVICE DEPARTMENT , AND HE SAID HE FAX TO HIM THE SAME DAY AT 2:30 PM AFTER FIX WATERP PUMP ON LAST SATURDAY.
I WAIT UNTIL 4 :00 PM TODAY IS MONDAY *******
I KEEP CALL MY SON AND ASK HIM: DID THEY CALLED YOU TO PICK UP THE CAR YET?
MY SON SAID NO , I ANGRY WITH THE WAY ******* SYSTEM WORKING THIS DEALER SHIP .
I CALLED AND TALKED TO CLAIM REVISOR ADJUSTER
DID YOU PAY FOR ***** DEALER YET.
AND YOU GUSS WHAT 'S HE SAID ?
THERE'S NO INVOICE SEND TO HIM/
WHAT'S THE **** ARE THEY DOING , GAMMING ...
I TOLD HIM HELPING ME CALL BACK TO ***** DEALER AND TELL THEM FAX AGAIN THE INVOICE.
I PUT ON HOLD DURING TIME HA CALL BACK AND REMIND THEM FAX AGAIN.
NOW 5:52 PM NO CALL TO PICK UP THE CAR AFTER I CHECK WITH MY SON .
VERY ANGRY I WILL WRITE THIS STORY I AND POST IT IN MY ********* ******** FOR ANYONE KNOW THIS .
I HOPE AT LEAST A LOT ********** COMMUNITY PEOPLE EVERY WHERE OF 52 STATES WILL BE CAREFUL AND WATCH OUT TOYOTA ( SPECIAL IN ***** ) WITH **** SYSTEM WORKING

NOT WORKING GOOD , NOT SERVICE GOOD AT ALL
BAD FEEDBACK WILL BE POST .....

Mr. ****, you bought your ********* into our service department on ******** to have a coolant leaking issue addressed. The water pump was found to be leaking and the cost to repair was in excess of $*** at which time you informed us you had an extended warranty you had purchased elsewhere but would like us to bill them. Mr. ****, we informed you that we would contact the extended warranty company for you and request a credit card payment from them since we did not have a billing agreement with them. we did contact the extended warranty company on Monday and faxed the invoice to them for payment.

We did not recieve any communication from the extended warranty company all day monday and i know you were upset but we could not be assured of payment until they responded.

On tuesday we again contacted the extended service contrazct company by phone and insisted we stay on the phone till it was processed. We finally were given a credit card number that day. we then contacted you and you picked up the vehicle. i am sorry for the delay but we were at the mercy of your extended service contract company. if i can help please contact this writer.

********* ************

11/01/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

We were told the vehicle we purchased passed all performance check and was in excellant condition. Returned the car twice in 5 days to work on issues
On ************* I purchased a ****************** automatic. I was told the vehicle was in excellent condition and it had passed all service tests. The next day, the car would not start and shifted gears hard. We notified Toyota and took the car in for service on ******. We were told the car was fixed, just a new battery and transmission fluid. The service ticket notes displayed the hard shift was not fixed. I returned the car again on ******. I asked the mechanics if the car was in excellent condition. Every mechanic in the shop at that time said "no". I met with the sales manager who said he was upset with the mechanics, and told me to leave the car and everything would be fixed. On ****** I called the service department at Toyota. Spoke to the Service Manger. He told me the starting issue was due to a bad water pump. I asked him to read me the ticket. There was no mention of the transmission issue even though the sales manager told me the transmission would be fixed. Upon further review of the purhase agreement, I was unable to replicate the $**** Kelly Blue Book value that was quoted to me. On ****** an agreement was made to discontinue the relationship. Within 5 days multiple instances of deception occurred. The origianl Kelly Blue Book price quoted was exaggerated, the resale value was exaggerated, the condition of the automobile upon purchase was false, the repairs performed on ****** were not complete, the implication they did not know of the issues previous to the sale was false (mechanics verified this), the promise to make the necessary repairs on ****** was false. These items not only betrayed my trust in this company, but also cost me additional time and money in order to rectifiy the situation.

The *********** has been returned.
As of 3:30 on ******, the $**** down payment has not been returned, and there has not been notification that the purchase agreement has been cancelled.
I seek the $**** down payment, that we are released from the purchase agreement, and $*** for time lossed ($** per hour, 3 hours ******, 1 hour ******, 1 hour ****** & ****.)

Contact Name and Title: ***** ******, Gen. Mgr.
Contact Email: ***************************
I received your call on the ***************, and as we discussed I immediately credited your credit card for the $*****. Additionally, I stopped all processing of the paperwork at that time. Unfortunately, it sometimes takes the banks several days to credit accounts. I sincerely hope that the credit has been applied.

11/16/2012Guarantee / Warranty Issues

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service - Equipment & Supplies, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Auto Service - Sound Systems Sales & Service, Lubricating Service - Automotive, Consultants - Auto Repair, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Mobile, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Renting & Leasing, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Air Conditioning, Tire Dealers, Heaters - Automotive, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Electric Equipment, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Air Conditioning Equipment, Financing