BBB Accredited Business since 06/01/1972

Village Pointe Toyota

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

03/29/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company did not honor an extended warranty for a defective paint job. Rail dust in new car started rust spots on **** toyota ***.
Toyota **** purchased ************ from ************ of Performance Toyota in ***********. Salse manager talked us into extended warranty that included paint problems. This winter my wife noticed rust spots on paint and brought the car to Village Point to get it repaired under the warranty. **** of their service department said it was not covered and was going to charge over $*** to repair the original defect. We spoke with ************ and he said they would fix the problem and it would be covered so no charge to us. It was a $*** repair. It was fixed and we are happy. My fear was (no proof here) **** tried to take advantage of my wife, charge her for the repair, and then turn the warranty into toyota therefore double dip.

I want an explanation in writing as to why they did not honor the warranty. I want an apology to my wife. I would like Village point to make an $*** tax deductible donation to ********************* ************************************

Contact Name and Title: ***********, GM
Contact Phone: cell ************
Contact Email: ****************
We have reviewed the experience with the ******* and the paint defect claim. We have been in touch with our representive from Toyota Motor Sales regarding the issue. It has been confirmed by the rep from TMS that this issue with the car was not and will not be covered under any type of warranty claim by Toyota. We apologize that the communication on our end was not handled in a more effective manner. The good news is the car has been repaired by the selling dealership group, whom we hold in high regard, and the client has stated they are satisfied. The selling dealer stood behind the extended warranty they sold the ******. If Mr.or Mrs. ***** would like to discuss this matter I would be happy to review it with them. Regards, ***********

Apparently TOYOTA HQ would not honor warranty as per village point. I will assume that this is correct and will contact Toyota HQ to complain that they did not honor warranty. Apparently ************* ate the cost of the repair to keep us happy.

08/12/2014Problems with Product / Service
11/27/2013Problems with Product / Service
05/23/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bought a used car in ********. Have had less then 4 months and have had major repair issues. They will not cover what my extended warranty will not.
Purchased *******. (village pointe Toyota)

First Repair ******. Repair total was almost $********. *** covered most of the repair as a courtesy. So only paid $*** out of pocket.
*had to take to *** service center b/c Village Pointe said they don't have technicians to work on ***.
Second Repair ******-to current-Car in shop again. Repair was almost $*********. The extended warranty company wanted to have it moved from ********* to ******* so they could get a discount on repairs (due to ******* being an in-network facility for them).
The entire engine needs to be replaced. The car is only 4 years old with around 50,000 miles. My warranty will cover most of the repairs except $********.
********. Called to speak with used car manager (****) at Village Pointe. Told him my situation. Have only been able to drive my car that I've owned for less then 4 months for a total of about 2 1/2 months. Asked if they would cover the remaining balance of $******* and they declined. Telling me there is nothing they can do. Asked to speak with someone else and he said there wasn't anyone else to speak with.

I would like to have them pay the remaining balance due $******* for my repair. Plus, now I want to be reimbursed for $*** I had to spend previously.
Or
Buy my car outright back from me for full blue book value. I do not want to do a trade in because I don't trust doing business with them again.

Contact Name and Title: *********** GM
Contact Email: ****************
Village Pointe Toyota prides itself on customer satisfaction. The situation was unavoidable for both parties involved. The good news is the extended warranty company, which we stand behind, covered over $********* of an engine claim after *** corporate covered $******* worth of work within 4 months of ownership and 10,747 miles of driving. The extended warranty comes with a deductible and some exclusions, such as belts and hoses ($****). We hope the repairs made will be trouble-free and will provide the client many of years of reliable transporatation. *********** GM Village Pointe Toyota

07/07/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sales manager was dishonest about price of *****
We purchased a used **** Toyota ********** from village pointe on *********.*** ******, used car sales manager, came with his best deal.I told him we would take it if he put a ***** on it.He said he was not in the ***** business, but if i took it to ************, they would put one on.He told me he would give me $*** off to allow for the *****. I said I needed the ****** too. He said, yes he knew. I told him i was good with the deal as long as that was enough to get the ***** put on,then he said "The last one we got put on cost us $***." I took the vehicle to the place he told me to go,and they put on the ***** and it cost $***. I called my salesman at village pointe and told him, he talked to *** and *** said there was nothing he could do about it. Again he said he was not in the ***** business, even though he could quote prices for them. I told my salesman that was not the deal we made and asked who was ***** boss. He said it was **** *****. I asked to speak with him and he said he was busy but he would talk to him and get back to me, which he did. *** was gone for the day and off the next day(Friday), but he said he would call me saturday. Saturday came and went, then on wednesday I called and asked for **** *****, and he was busy so they gave me his voice mail and I left a message with him and he never called back.

All I want is for them to hold up their end of the deal in good faith as I did. I am asking for the $*** difference for the ***** installation, at the place they told me to go, for the price they quoted me.

We have agreed to pay the difference of $*** to ******* ********* in Good Will. We just need a copy of the receipt and will resolve this issue. ******* ********* is currently away on vacation and has not returned calls as of yet. We will follow up with him to clear this matter.

06/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

At VPT, I bought a ****************. I was lied to by the salesmen and was sold a car with the A/C lines broken. This was one week after I got it.
I bought a car from Toyota from ***** ********, a salesman at the dealership. When I bought the car, I was told that the car was fine and that I was buying a good car. When asked if there were any issues, ******** vehemently denied that there was anything wrong, as well as did *** *****, the head of used-car sales. A week later, I found that my A/C line was broken and the air conditioner did not work. When I expected this car to be covered under my warranty, I was told that it was not covered under the warranty and that I would need to pay *** to get my car fixed.

I am looking for the dealership to pay for the defective air conditioner that I was told was fine and that was part of my "great car" that I was buying.

Contact Name and Title: ******* ***** (GM)
Contact Email: ******************
Village Pointe Toyota contacted ****** ****** and came to an agreement that ****** is satisfied with.

08/25/2014Advertising / Sales Issues

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Services, Auto Service - Window Tinting, Auto Repair - Windshield, Glass Shops, Consultants - Auto Repair, Brake Service, Auto Warranty Processing Service, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Mobile, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Renting & Leasing, Auto Diagnostic Service, Tire Dealers, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Electric Equipment, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Air Conditioning Equipment, Financing