BBB Accredited Business since 06/01/1972

Village Pointe Toyota

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

07/07/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sales manager was dishonest about price of *****
We purchased a used **** Toyota ********** from village pointe on *********.*** ******, used car sales manager, came with his best deal.I told him we would take it if he put a ***** on it.He said he was not in the ***** business, but if i took it to ************, they would put one on.He told me he would give me $*** off to allow for the *****. I said I needed the ****** too. He said, yes he knew. I told him i was good with the deal as long as that was enough to get the ***** put on,then he said "The last one we got put on cost us $***." I took the vehicle to the place he told me to go,and they put on the ***** and it cost $***. I called my salesman at village pointe and told him, he talked to *** and *** said there was nothing he could do about it. Again he said he was not in the ***** business, even though he could quote prices for them. I told my salesman that was not the deal we made and asked who was ***** boss. He said it was **** *****. I asked to speak with him and he said he was busy but he would talk to him and get back to me, which he did. *** was gone for the day and off the next day(Friday), but he said he would call me saturday. Saturday came and went, then on wednesday I called and asked for **** *****, and he was busy so they gave me his voice mail and I left a message with him and he never called back.

All I want is for them to hold up their end of the deal in good faith as I did. I am asking for the $*** difference for the ***** installation, at the place they told me to go, for the price they quoted me.

We have agreed to pay the difference of $*** to ******* ********* in Good Will. We just need a copy of the receipt and will resolve this issue. ******* ********* is currently away on vacation and has not returned calls as of yet. We will follow up with him to clear this matter.

06/02/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

At VPT, I bought a ****************. I was lied to by the salesmen and was sold a car with the A/C lines broken. This was one week after I got it.
I bought a car from Toyota from ***** ********, a salesman at the dealership. When I bought the car, I was told that the car was fine and that I was buying a good car. When asked if there were any issues, ******** vehemently denied that there was anything wrong, as well as did *** *****, the head of used-car sales. A week later, I found that my A/C line was broken and the air conditioner did not work. When I expected this car to be covered under my warranty, I was told that it was not covered under the warranty and that I would need to pay *** to get my car fixed.

I am looking for the dealership to pay for the defective air conditioner that I was told was fine and that was part of my "great car" that I was buying.

Contact Name and Title: ******* ***** (GM)
Contact Email: ******************
Village Pointe Toyota contacted ****** ****** and came to an agreement that ****** is satisfied with.

08/12/2014Problems with Product / Service
11/27/2013Problems with Product / Service
08/20/2012Problems with Product / Service
08/25/2014Advertising / Sales Issues

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Services, Auto Service - Window Tinting, Auto Repair - Windshield, Glass Shops, Consultants - Auto Repair, Brake Service, Auto Warranty Processing Service, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Mobile, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Renting & Leasing, Auto Diagnostic Service, Tire Dealers, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Electric Equipment, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Air Conditioning Equipment, Financing