In Nebraska, South Dakota, The Kansas Plains and Southwest Iowa

11/25/2011Problems with Product / Service
07/18/2011Advertising / Sales Issues
01/30/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: Odaniel salesperson countered a cash offer for ********** on their property and was in the process of writing the deal up and they changed the offer
on *********** I went to O'Daniel to make an cash offer on a **********. My cash offer was $*****. the sales person name ** ****** help us and O'Daniel countered cash offer to ***** with *** for fees after he got confirmation from his sale manager, he said. Mr. ****** was in his office building for about 15 to 20 minutes while me a friend stood out door by the car which we wanted to purchase and drive. Mr. ****** came back with the keys to car and the counter offer which was $***** and $*** for fee. I drove the car and came back to O Daniel and said yes to the countered cash offer of $***** with $***.

Mr. ****** and myself talked out side for a very long time and he said that the car has been on the lot a long time. and when we decide to come in his office to sign the paper work, he left from his office and said he would be back.

When Mr. ****** came back to his office he said I am sorry I have bad new, the sale manager said he wants a $****. dollar more for the car.

I ask Mr. ****** to have his sale manager come to his office so that I could talk with him, Mr. ****** came back again to his office and said the sale manager said he was not coming, so I told Mr. ****** that I wanted to speak to the owner because this was dishonest sales practice and I will report this to BBB.

Mr. ****** came back with the sale manager and the sale manager said that his sale person Mr. ****** was incorrect with his counter offer and that Mr. ***** must made a mistake and/or did not talk with him about this initial offer.

At that time Mr. ****** did not say much more but he was looking very embarrass. He did say that there was another sale person that made the say cash offered of $*****. to another potential customer, but there deal fail through.

Mr. ****** is a professional sale man and with his owned dealer license. I can't believe that he made a serious mistake like this. Because in our conversation after I agreed to the counter offered from O'Daniel Mr. ****** repeatedly said, the car cash option is $*****. He never said I need to check again and confirmed this counter offered that O'Daniel made to you for this car again.

Mr. ****** never admitted to quoting me a wrong counter offered from his company and/or misrepresenting his company. It was more an apology from Mr. ****** and he said I am sorry that my company change their mind and now this situation is was out of my hands.

We do apologize for the experience that ***** received while at our dealership. The fact is that as a sales consultant, Mr. ***** is not authorized to offer any pricing other than the list price. Management reserves the right to accept or deny any offer and Mr. ***** is no longer employed at O'Daniel. The ********** has been sold, however we would invite ***** to return to the store and see if we have any other vehicle that fit her budget and driving needs.

It does not matter they sold the car knowing I want to buy it, I don't accept their response. I knew they was going to blame it on their salesperson.

I am through closed this case. Thank-you for your help

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.

09/06/2012Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Auto Service - Window Tinting, Auto Service - Sound Systems Sales & Service, Wheel Alignment, Frame & Axle Service - Auto, Transmissions - Automobile, Rustproofing & Undercoating - Auto, Lubricating Service - Automotive, Engines - Rebuild & Exchange, Consultants - Auto Repair, Brake Service, Auto Warranty Processing Service, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Mobile, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Accessories, Clutches, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Financing