skip entire header and global navigation

BBB Accredited Business since 12/20/1995

Edwards Nissan Kia

31 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 12 closed in last 12 months

04/04/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: My parents went there to try to purchase a car. My mom told them they needed to stick around $****** and then they would have a trade-in after that. This would make it $******. They test drove a ************* (not something in the $****** range). Dad had trouble getting in and out of it so the salesman shows them a ************ with lots of extras. He tells them he can "get them into the ******* for the same price as the other car" I ask mom what that price was---she didn't know. The price for the ******* was over $******. WHY would the salesman even THINK of showing that to them knowing that was out of their price range?! WE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT----he was just that "good" of a salesman. And then the finance department misled them into getting $***** more in extended coverage. They had them put $***** on a credit card and finance the rest. My parents make $***** a month. She had no idea what had happened until the first payment came do. The dealer should have been obligated to tell them "sorry, we have nothing here in that price range". I have talked to the finance people and they are going to "pro-rate" a refund of one of the extended warranties but refuse to do anything about the other one. Their question to me was "did your parents need a guardian that should have been with them"? They aren't quite at that point---they just have never went through the process of slicky salesmen and buying a new car. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Product_Or_Service: **** Kia *******

On *********** a check in the amount of $******** was sent to the bank that has their loan. When your parents went into finance the Finance Managers go over every piece of paper in detail. They go over the contract and make it clear at that time what the payments are going to be for them and what they are paying for the vehicle they are purchasing. They were made aware of the entire transaction throughout the process.

Hopefully this will close this matter.

11/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel

Complaint: I went to have my tire changed on my Kia ****. They ended up having to change the rim, and now they refuse to give me my old rim back. Theft!
I went to Lake Manawa Kia to have a new tire put on my car. The dealership informed me that my rim was a little bent, causing my tire to not seal properly. They told me I could purchase a used rim from them, and have it fixed that day. I reluctantly agreed, because I was in need of my vehicle. They charged me over $*** for a used rim. Being in the frantic state that I was, because I really didn't have that money too spend, I left the dealership. When i arrived home and told my husband what had happened. He asked me where the old rim was so he can take it to have it fixed and then sell it on **** for $*** so we could get our money back. I told him that they never gave me the old rim back. I called up there the next day and the service manager was out and so I left a message. We waited 3 days and then I had my husband call. He got a hold of the service manager, ****, and **** told him that he would look for the rim and call him back when he found it. Well another 3 days went by. I tried to call, and couldn't get **** back on the phone. I then wrote **** an email with no reply. Now it has been a couple weeks and my husband finally called the General Manager. His name is *****, he said that the rim has been 'SOLD' in which I have the conversation recorded on my phone. He was very rude, and said he wasn't going to give us anything for the rim that he stole from us. He said that the dealership always keeps the old parts. I was never paid anything for my rim. It is MY rim, I never gave them permission to sell my property. This is theft and should be handled as such. I'm willing to take this to court if no resolution is made. I've called several times and made countless efforts to work out a solution. Next stop is the courthouse.

Thanks

We contacted the customer today and an agreement has been reached. The customer will be picking up a rim on Wednesday to satisfy this complaint.

This should close the matter.

08/07/2013Advertising / Sales Issues
07/02/2013Problems with Product / Service
06/27/2013Problems with Product / Service
12/20/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: I leased a car from Kia and I feel the whole process was something I was not signing up for. overall way of doing business is unacceptable.
I leased a **** Kia ****** on *****************. They took my ********************* as a trade in. During the negotiation of my price for the Kia, I brought my ********** lease in advising what the payout amount would be. They used that to give me a price on the Kia. I received a call a couple days later advising that ********** is charging Kia an additional amount (about $*****) because they are a dealership and not the original customer. Kia told me in order to keep my car payments as they are, Kia will write me a check for the payout amount to give to ********** to pay off the car and I will transfer the title to Kia. I was incredibly skeptical of this as I do not want to be liable for purchasing this vehicle. Finally I said I would do it if they provided me in writing I am not responsible for any taxes for this. Kia wrote me a check, but it was written to "********** Credit" when it need to be to "**** *****." When I found that out I let *** at Kia know that they made it out to the incorrect company. I wrote him a text on the 26th at 8:45 am advising I need two checks. One for $******** made out to **** ***** and one for $****** made out to ****** *****. Now it is *****************, my ********** lease was up on the 24th and I still have no check for the amount to pay **********. All of the paper work is signed; however I have no new check to give them. I was supposed to receive a new check on the 26th, but for some reason the finance department was confused what amount it would be. I am not sure why they couldn't write it for the same amount they wrote the original check to ********** Credit because that is what the exact amount I asked for. *** from Kia came to my work on the 26th because I thought we were going to trade checks so I could give the correct check to **********. No, he came to tell me he did not have the check and did not know why it is taking so long. So he wasted 20 minutes of my life to tell me nothing and provide no new check. The turnaround time for returning calls is unacceptable. This whole process was unacceptable and not what I signed up for when I got a new car.

On ********* when *** received the text from Ms. ***** he went to the office to find out what needed to be done to correct the problem. We obtained the incorrect checks so they could be corrected. Then the ******************** was in the middle of this. But on *************, Ms. ***** was in and picked up both checks to the correct the entire problem.

We are sorry for the miscommunication that occurred, but we feel that everything has been corrected.

I feel like no one at this company has any idea what is going on. I have wasted so much of my time having to deal with their incompetencies that it is not worth having the car and or dealing with them period. They did "offer" to get out of my lease however this was after I had signed paperwork to purchase the ** FOR THEM so therefore I would be stuck buying the ** on my own. If I want to purchase the **, I could have done that on my own without Kia being involved. So either I am stuck with an old ** I dont want or a new Kia I dont want. I chose the new car but I have to deal with people that waste time I dont have to waste. The problem with Kia is they tell me it is going to be one way so I go to do it but it is a completely different way and I have to do it all over again. I should be paid for all the time I have put into a car I DO NOT want.

We have reviewed the file and feel that the error with the checks was corrected. We went over the paperwork with the customer on a step by step process that we have when purchaseing a vehicle with our company. Ms. ***** was fully aware of her purchase at the time of delivery.

There is nothing more for us to do on this matter and should be closed.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined the company made a reasonable offer to resolve the issues, but the consumer did not accept the offer.

11/20/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: Applied online for auto loan and heard no response
I applied online last monday for an auto loan. a **** called me back and asked me for more information and advised me he would return my call with an answer. His number is ************. he called me on monday at 1230pm. I have called him back twice since then and heard no response. Since then lake manawa has run a credit inquiry on my credit report. No one has called me back regarding this.

On ************, at 7:47 pm **** ***********, the New Car Manager of Edwards Nissan Kia emailed Mr ***** in regards to purchasing an auto. He did this after attempting several times to call Mr. ***** at the numbers we have of record.

This should close the above requests.

the business never attempted to contact, leaving any messages at my office number or mobile. You are able to leave messages, not just call. They never did address my question why lake manawa did a 'credit inquiry' on my report. I am wondering if i should file a lawsuit to get an answer to my question. I wish during the beginning and the end of this process any questions and concerns the business manager **** ********** would have been polite and courteous through the process. the sales rep, ****, was apologetic yesterday in accepting the responsibility of not calling me back and trying to earn my business. We were working towards a deal with no money down, money down or trading in my **************, but mr. *********, based on my inquiry to the bbb, chose to tell me, via email, to go elsewhere. I thank **** for contacting me a week later to address my concerns rather than take it personally and refuse my business. I will share my positive and negative experience about mr. ********* online and with others in my community.

this was a great experience in car buying

Thank you.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.

10/29/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Customer Service Complaint Issue

Complaint: Sales dept will not stop calling. I have requested 10 times in 6 weeks to be taken off their call list.
Beginning in mid-***********, I began receiving phone calls from the sales department to trade-in my vehicle. Each time I told the sales person that I did not wish to trade-in my vehicle and please take my number off their call list. By the 8th phone call, I spoke with a sales manager (I believe his name was ****) and he assured me my number would be removed from their list. I again received a call and left a message with a sales manager regarding their failure to remove my number. I expressed that if the phone calls did not stop, I would report the business to the BBB for harassment. Today, ***********, I received my 10th phone call from the sales department.

We have reviewed the above complaint and have found that according to our computer telephone log Edwards Nissan Kia has not contacted *** ******** since ********. We did a cross-reference on the phone number she shows on this complaint and found a ******* ********, which we also put a "Stop on calls" and shows the dealership has not attempted to reach him since *****. If there is another number we need to cross reference please let us know.

We have gone through our computer data system and everything with *** ******** and ******* ******** with the number shown on this complaint have been "Red Flagged" or marked as DO NOT CALL.

If there is another number, please let us know otherwise we are closing this matter.

Edwards Nissan Kia

I have received numerous calls from this dealership in the past 5 weeks. I know at least 3 of these calls were from a salesman named *****. I also spoke with the sales manager, ****, last month about stopping the calls. I have been assured each time that my number was being marked as "do not call", but I continue to receive phone calls.

We have now went through our phone bills and were not able to find either Ms. ******** work or the number ending with ****. However, we did find a number extremely close to Ms. ********. Again, we went into all of our computer software that shows customer information and found that everything has been marked "do not call". We have spoke to a ***** and went through his leads and he did not have any information on Ms. ********.

We believe this is everything we can possibly do to stop the calls. Hopefully tihs will close the matter.

10/14/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation used dishonest sales practices

Complaint: Dishonest selling experience and customer service with Lake Manawa Kia. I went to Lake Manawa Kia on ********** to see if I could purchase a vehicle.
I went to Lake Manawa Kia on ********** to see if I could purchase a vehicle. I worked with ***** ‎***** and we looked at **** ************ I wanted to purchase. I explained to ***** I had already ‎done my credit application 2 weeks ago online. ***** pulled up my credit application information and ‎spoke with his finance director. ***** asked me what kind of car payment I was looking for. I told ‎***** I would like a car payment between $*** to $***. ***** let me know I would need to have a ‎down payment of $**** if I wanted the 2013 ************. I let ***** know I get paid twice a month ‎on the 10th and 25th. ***** let me know they could hold my check for 20 days for my down payment so ‎I could finance my car. I agreed to the terms of Lake Manawa holding my check for 20 days for my ‎down payment. ***** needed my paycheck stubs and bank statement and I didn't bring them with ‎me. Let ***** know I could bring them by on ********** after I get off work. Received call from ***** ‎on ********** asking me to reschedule to come in on ********** with the documents he needed ‎because he had a family emergency. I emailed documents requested by ***** to his email address so ‎he would have it before I came in on **********. Came to Lake Manawa Kia on ********** after I got ‎off of work and worked with ******** ***. ******** *** informed me that ***** was sent home for ‎the day because he was sick and he would assist me. ******** *** went over the credit application ‎process all over again. He asked me for my paycheck stubs and bank statement requested. I let ‎******** *** know I emailed them to ***** *****. ******** *** contacts ***** ***** at home to ‎get his password to his computer to retrieve the requested documents he needed. ******** *** let ‎me know he was working with finance team regarding financing for the 2013 ************. I waited in ‎Lake Manawa Kia for two hours just for ******** *** to tell me the banks were closed and he would ‎contact me on the morning of **********. On ********** did not receive a call from ******** *** ‎regarding status of financing the **** ************. I called ake Manawa Kia and left messages for ‎******** *** and ***** ***** on **********, **********, **********, and **********. Neither ‎******** *** or ***** returned my phone calls. I called Lake Manawa Kia pn ********** and asked ‎for a manager. I was transferred to a sales manager name **** (****) and I explained the level of ‎customer service I received by Lake Manawa Kia and sales representatives ***** **** and ******** ‎***. ****(****) apologized for sales representatives ***** **** and ******** *** not following up ‎with me regarding the status of my loan application. ****(****) provided me his cell phone number and ‎told me I can contact him directly and I didn't need to work with ***** ***** or ******** *** ‎anymore. ****(****) let me know I shouldn't be treated any different because credit is not perfect and ‎they should have no problem financing the 2013 ************. I called ****(****) on ********** to see if ‎it was okay to come to Lake Manawa Kia regarding financing for the **** ************ after I got off ‎work. **** (****) let me know that it's okay to come at that time. Went to Lake Manawa Kia and ‎worked with sales representative *** ****. I was informed another employee of Lake Manawa and ‎*** **** that sales representatives ***** ***** and ******** *** would not receive a commission ‎on the sale of the **** ************. Sales representative *** **** gave excellent customer service ‎and made sure I was taken care of until I got to financing team. I spoke with a **** in financing ‎regarding the financing of the **** ************. He informed me that my car payment would be ‎‎$****** a month. I let **** know that I explained to ***** ***** and ******** *** I did not want a ‎car payment over $***. **** let me know the financing company ******************* would only ‎finance the **** *** *****

Lake Manawa Nissan Kia appreciates this customer's concern being brought to our attention. Any mmistakes that may have been made in your experience will be addressed pursuant to company policies to ensure that there are no further miscommunications with either you or any other customer. Unfortunately, the financing arranged for you was unable to be processed becuase the additional time needed to hold funds for your down payment for 20 days from the date of purchase. We sincerely apologize that you feel as thought the dealership experience was less than satisfactory. The dealership has exhausted all opportunitites to procur your financing and can not due to the delayed deposit of the down payment.

As for the survey submitted, Lake Manawa Nissan Kia in no way retaliated to the survey responses. The employees that you spoke with did relay to her that surveys have the same affect for us as an employment review would have for you. And apologize for the misunderstanding. The bank which had originally approved your loan has lending agreements with multiple dealrs in the ***** metro area and you are able to go to any of those delers and be approved by the bank providing that you are able to meet the guidelines set forth by the bank.

If you need Lake Manawa Nissan Kia to assit you in any way, within reason, we most certainly will.

Hopefully this will close the matter.

The real reason why I did not get my loan financed with Lake Manawa Kia was because the dealership knew the finance company does not allow 20 day holds for a down payment and they had me do it anyway and had me lie to the finance company. This is dishonest sales practice and horrible customer service. I will have a lawyer look into this issue so no other consumer has to go through this. I was retaliated by your staff when Lake Manawa Kia messed up my loan deal.

Again, we apologize for the bad experience that you had at our dealership. We were attempting to remedy any way possible for financing and was not able to arrange financing for you from any of the banks. We are correcting the turn around time on our staff getting back to customers in a more timely fashion to help head off the problems that arrise during financing. If you need Edwards Nissan Kia to assist you in any way, within reason, we most certainly will.

07/03/2013Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Services - Oil & Lube, Auto Services, Auto Service - Window Tinting, Auto Service - Sound Systems Sales & Service, Auto Repair - Windshield, Glass Shops, Rustproofing & Undercoating - Auto, Lubricating Service - Automotive, Consultants - Auto Repair, Brake Service, Auto Sunroofs, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Mobile, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Renting & Leasing, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Tire Dealers, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Electric Equipment, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Auto Air Conditioning Equipment, Financing