BBB Accredited Business since 12/04/2002

Cornhusker Auto Center

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

12/11/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

services were conducted at a charge without my approval.
My son in law took me to cornhusker auto to have some warranty repair work completed on my ****. When we dropped off my **** we explained that we felt a wheel baring was going out and that the brakes were making a squeaky noise. We understood that any brake repair was not going to be covered but felt they could at least let us know what was wrong. I was contacted the next day saying they had to order the baring and that they were going to charge me ***** for checking the brakes. Upon receiving the bill my son in law noticed that they charged the warranty ****** for checking the baring and rotating the tires to determine the problem with the baring and brakes. then charged me ***** for checking the brakes, and then the price of the baring. plus a free 16 point inspection was completed which included brakes if the wheels were already removed. So since they charged warranty to rotate the tires the tires were already off and the brake check should have been completed by the 16 point free inspection. when my son in law asked about this we were told that they were charging ***** because they had to remove the tires which had already been done. then they said that the rotation was done free since the tires were already off. we got fed up and left. a couple of days later after talking to another repair shop to look at the brakes since they were still squeaking and we were told nothing was wrong. my son in law contacted ** the owner and asked him to look into this issue and he was told that this would be looked into but that any time someone complains of break issues that they automatically do a full in depth inspection. if this is the case we should have had an option to forget it if they were going to charge for it. the other auto repair shop did the same 16 point free inspection and found that the brakes had a grime buildup on the rotors and this was the cause of the squeak. so not only did they charge warranty to rotate the tires they charged me ***** for a free brake inspection with out my consent but could not tell me what the problem was. my son in law has waited almost a week and and tried calling ** back and was declined the chance to speak with him and he has not returned any calls.

a refund of the ***** we were wrongly charged for.

Contact Name and Title: ********* president
Contact Phone: **********
Contact Email: ************************
have left a message with customer but no return calls

Neither my son in law or myself have recieved any calls we will trt again to resolve this issue on monday

will contact customer not the son in law and resolve issue

11/18/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was not disclosed of major damage to my pickup before I purchased, diminishing my trade value or resale value today, dealership committed fraud.
********* I purchased a *************** from ***** at Cornhusker Auto, today I went to possibly trade this pickup in and upon receipt of the ******, I was made aware of major damage to this pickup before my purchase was made. I was overcharged for my purchase as well as I was not provided a damage disclosure before my purchase. I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THIS PICKUP IF I WAS DISCLOSED THIS.This dealership not only committed fraud against me but also broke ******** law. I made an attempt to resolve this issue over the phone today but was shoved aside and also asked to come trade my pickup in to them!

I am asking to be reimbursed $******** from the original purchase price of $*********. I believe this is an opportunity for Cornhusker to make this bad deal right. I am also asking for a written apology from Cornhusker Auto for their fraud and deception. If this is not settled I will seek legal advice.

AT CORNHUSKER AUTO CENTER WE TAKE OUR RESPONSIBILITY SERIOUSLY AND EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO DAMAGE DISCLOSURE REQUIRED BY THE STATE OF ********, WE PROVIDE AN ********* REPORT ON EVERY VEHICLE WE SELL ON OUR WEB SITE. WE ALSO PROVIDE A PRINTED COPY TO CUSTOMER UPON REQUEST. IF A DEALER IS TELLING CUSTOMER THAT HIS TRADE HAS A LESSER VALUE BECAUSE OF PRIOR DAMAGE THAT IS SOLELY BASED ON DEALER'S PERSONAL OPINON. IF MR ******* WOULD LIKE TO TRADE THIS VEHICLE, WE WOULD BE HAPPY TO GIVE HIM FULL MARKET VALUE ON TRADE TOWARD ANY NEW OR USED VEHICLE. I RESPECTFULLY DENY CUSTOMERS REQUEST FOR MONETARY PAYMENT.

(The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.I also have notI should also mention that our phone calls have went unanswered. Do I have to take more time out of my day to attempt to fix your error? received a written apology for the time and potential hazard you have caused my family. How can a business like your take pride in selling cars to families like mine knowing they are potentially life threatening. Thank god i haven't been in an accident with my wife and three young children and my airbags didn't deploy. I ask this, you shouldn't be selling cars to people that you wouldn't buy yourself, or you wouldn't drive with your family members in that car, even if you think its perfectly legal. )Also, I need to know the amount of damage to this pickup, the amount of the total bill this accident cost. I also need to know where the repair work was done.
My pickup is paid off and we are not interested in doing business with this dealer ever again! What we are concerned about is the deceptive and unfair practices this dealership is doing! This is absolutely a violation of ******** law, if this is not resolved I will file a complaint with the attorney general's office, I am sure they would love to hear the response I have from this dealer.I love how its states "upon request" we will provide the customer with a written copy. Your salesman when asked directly told us there was nothing wrong with the pickup. An ********* on every vehicle they sell, where was this when I purchased my pickup?I never received anything but my loan papers. So according to Cornhusker Auto it is perfectly legal to use unfair and deceptive practices to sell cars, and unless you demand an paperwork, your out of luck. You sold my pickup to me at retail price fully knowing it had prior damage and took me for several thousands of dollars without even batting an eye. I have been driving a pickup for over two years and I dont even know if 2 airbags are installed correctly and if the frame of my pickup is sound. We are demanding payment for your error to even out the amount that you overcharged us. Furthermore, I would like Cornhusker Auto to pay for a full inspection of both of our vehicles that we purchased from Cornhusker Auto, and at the service station of our choosing. I will never step foot in your dealership ever again! I purchased a ************* in ******** at this dealership also, but it was new and didn't ask for any documents for this car since it was new. For all I know it could have been in a flood or fell off the truck before delivery, Cornhusker auto wouldnt have told me! I now have written proof that they wont disclose this information to a customer unless asked. It is your responsibility to make this right, not mine. I now live over an hour away and do not have time to come down there to fix your error! Mail me the difference of what you overcharged me.

BASED ON ********** REPORT THE ACCIDENT OCCURED ON ********* THIS DATE IS PRIOR TO US GETTING THIS TRUCK. THERE WAS NO FRAME DAMAGE NOTED ON ********** REPORT AND THERE IS NO WAY FOR US TO OBTAIN A COPY OF THESE REPAIRS. THERE ARE MANY VEHICLES ON THE ROAD TODAY WITH ACCIDENT REPORTS ON ******* AND *********, HOWEVER, IF THE INSURANCE COMPANY AT THE TIME OF THE ACCIDENT HAD DEEMED THIS TRUCK UNSAFE THEY WOULD HAD TOTALED OUT THE TRUCK. I FEEL WE HAVE BEEN VERY TRANSPARENT IN DEALING WITH MR ******* AND FEEL BAD ABOUT HOW HE FEELS ABOUT OUR DEALERSHIP. THIS DEALERSHIP HAS BEEN IN BUSINESS FOR OVER 60 YEARS AND TAKES PRIDE IN OUR INTEGRITY.

05/27/2013Problems with Product / Service

Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Services, Consultants - Auto Repair, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto Repair - Mobile, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Renting & Leasing, Auto Parts & Supplies - New, Auto Electric Equipment, Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Loans, Financing