ASAP Appliance Repair, Inc.

13 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

11/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Bought used refrigerator,Was broken when received, sent out a loaner and repaired. In ***, broke again, replaced with inferior part still not working.
Bought a used refrigerator in ********. Worked when purchased. Within one week of delivery, refrigerator stopped working. After three days, a loaner was brought out to the house. ASAP repaired the initial refrigerator after two week of work. We asked for a new frig, but was denied. This frig has a one year warranty. The refrigerator worked for 5 months, then in ***, it stopped working again. On Tuesday ********** I called to place a service repair request. They dais they would be at my home between 11 and 1. They called at 105 and said they were running late. I called to complain, but to no avail.They showed up at 3 pm. They looked the frig and said it needed a new part. They did not return until 220 the next day. They repared the frig on *** 24th. It worked for one day. We went the entire weekend with spoiling food in the refrigerator. Once Monday *** 28th at 0800 I called to tell them the frig was not working. They said they would bring out a loaner and swap it out. It is now 2pm on *** 28th and no frig. I called to see the status of what was occurring. They said they would fix the frig with a new control panel. I stated that is what you did last week. They said we put in a used panel and that is why it is not working.
I have lost 4 days of work waiting for them to fix the issue. They do not return phone calls as they say they will. I have also lost *** dollars in spoiled food due to delays in service and inferior repair services.

I would like to be provided a refrigerator that is in working condition. Additionally I would like *** in lost wages due to lack of communication and delay in repairs. As well as *** dollars in value of the food that has rotted since *************

***** ********* purchased a fridge from us on ******* and it was delivered on *******. He purchased the one year warranty as well. His wife called in on ****** to say that the fridge was not working. We sent a technician out and it was repaired. They are under warranty so we stand behind our warranty and went out and repaired the fridge. Again customer called In on ******** and informed us the fridge was not working. So we gave them a loaner fridge in the mean time because the fridge they purchased is has specific measurements. We repaired fridge and then after that they called back stating it wasn't working. We have now set them up for an appointment that was to be at 11-1pm and technician was running behind so we sent him out at 3pm because that's when her husband will be home from work she stated. After that she called in and stated she just wanted her fridge swapped out instead of repaired for we found another fridge for her and was out that day. We completely understand the inconvience and delays on our end. We are willing to refund her the $*** out of courtesy for the loss of her food. Thank you

11/15/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
02/14/2014Delivery Issues
12/30/2013Problems with Product / Service
07/22/2013Problems with Product / Service
07/01/2013Problems with Product / Service
05/27/2013Problems with Product / Service
12/11/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Company charged me a service call fee, and advised me to purchase an expensive refrigerator part, which, when received didn't correct the problem.
Attached is the letter I sent to ASAP explaining my complaint and requesting a full refund for the service fee and refrigerator part they advised me to buy:

ASAP
Appliance Repair Inc.
**********************
***************

****************

*****, or whom it may concern:

Enclosed is my receipt from ***** for the refrigerator part your technician *****, told me to buy to repair my refrigerator. I mistakenly tore it up with some other ***** receipts, but was able top piece it back together. I paid $****** for the circuit board ***** advised me to buy. After waiting a week for the new part to arrive, another one of your technician's, ****, installed the new part, however, as we discussed over the phone, the new part did not repair the problem. ***** advised me that they would not take back the part and give me credit because it was a special ordered electronic item, and your technician had installed it in the unit.

As such, my refrigerator was not repaired, and I am requesting a full refund from your business in the amount of $******. That includes the price of the circuit board I was advised by your technician to buy, ($******) and the service call fee ($*****) which didn't result in any benefit to me or my situation.

I would expect the refund in a reasonable time frame, say seven business days. Thank You.

Mr. ***** ** *****
***********************
********, ********

I've tried unsuccessfully to contact a management member at ASAP to inquire about my refund. I'm currently out-of-pocket $******, for no services rendered by ASAP that corrected my refrigerator problem. It was necessary for me to purchase a new refrigerator, as ASAP's efforts and advice failed.

I want a full refund from ASAP of $******. That includes their service call fee ($*****) and the cost of the part their technician advised me to purchase ($******). for a total of $******. Their policy apparently goes against the old adage "you can't get something for nothing". They did in my situation.

Appliances - Major - Service & Repair, Washing Machines & Dryers - Supplies & Parts, Washing Machines & Dryers - Service & Repair, Dishwashing Machines - Service & Repair, Appliances - Small - Service & Repair, Appliances - Installation, Washing Machines & Dryers - Dealers, Washers, Refrigerators & Freezers - Service & Repair, Ranges & Ovens - Supplies & Parts, Ranges & Ovens - Service & Repair, Ranges & Ovens - Dealers, Dishwashing Machines - Supplies & Parts, Dishwashing Machines - Dealers, Appliances - Major - Parts & Supplies, Appliances - Used, Appliances - Major - Dealers