Heartland Health Systems, LLC

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

Additional Complaint Information

BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints. Some complainants allege that they received phone solicitations from Heartland Health Systems, however their phone number is on the National Do Not Call Registry. Some complainants claim they are senior citizens and allege they were taken advantage of due to their age. Multiple complainants allege that the practice of asking their participation in a survey that could make them eligible for a prize or free gift, is a deceptive practice designed to allow sales staff into their homes for sales presentations. In addition, multiple complainants claim they had difficulty in obtaining or did not obtain the promised gift or prize.

The BBB notified this business of the pattern of complaints, and Heartland Health Systems responded to the BBB stating that "anyone that requests to be put on the Do Not Call List is done so instantly." The business response stated that the majority of marketing is done during hours when retired people are home and answering their phones. Consumers are "offer(ed) thank you gifts...and are able to pick up their gifts at our office or have them delivered in exchange for a preview of our product. We don't claim that they've won a contest or game of chance..."

02/24/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

They pretend to conduct a "survey," then use a "prize drawing" to get potential customers to agree to a home sales visit.
Roughly a year ago, a representative from this company cold called me, asked for me by name, and asked me to take an "air quality survey." They mentioned a drawing for some type of prize.

About a week later, they called again and informed me that I had won. All I had to do was schedule a time when their agent would visit my home to deliver the prize (along with a sales demonstration). I advised them I am on the do not call registry, and to not contact me again.

This evening, the same company called my home, and asked for my wife, who was unavailable. I asked the gentleman if it was a sales call, and he replied, "no."

As it turns out, about a week ago they convinced my wife to take their "air quality survey." I'm sure the gentleman was calling to inform my wife that she had won, and to schedule a time for the prize to be delivered.

This is a deceptive sales practice. I simply want two things. I want my complaint logged to help warn others, and I want this company to never call my home again, as they twice now have violated the law regarding the do not call registry.

I want this company to never call my home again.

Mr. ******** name has been placed on our company Do Not Call Policy and will not be called again. Furthermore, Heartland Health Systems has also made changes to our call script as to make sure consumers are very aware of the purpose for our call. Our scripts do not include anything about a "survey" or "prize drawing" as to be completely transparent to the consumer. We apologize completely for the inconvenience for Mr. ****** and his wife as there was no intention to disobey our company Do Not Call Policy. Please let us know if there is any further action necessary as we'd be happy to take it, including the free gift Mr. ****** had been promised.

02/11/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Promotion for an Air Purifier turned out to be a Vacuum and a prize was offered. Advertised prize never delivered.
If they are going to advertise that a prize is to be delivered then they should follow through. I have called twice and spoke to "****" who assured me he put it in the mail immediately, once on ****, and once on ***. He even shared that he would send me the tracking code ASAP. Nothing.
I'm sure the "Prize" is insignificant. They should not be allowed to run the scam.

Deliver the prize.

09/27/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Firm keeps calling to conduct a "survey" or to tell me I've won a drawing that I've never entered. I've told them I'm on the Do Not Call List. They keep calling.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
Case is being handled by another organization: ********************************

No more calls.

We would like a little more information from consumer so this problem can be dealt with. If you were called after asking not to be called, a mistake had been made and that should not have happened. Heartland Health Systems apologizes for any inconvenience we may have caused Ms. ******. She will be permanently placed on our Do Not Call list and taken out of our system.

04/14/2014Problems with Product / Service