Oreck Manufacturing Company

BBB serving Cleveland, OH maintains a report on this company's headquarters location. Please visit http://cleveland.bbb.org for details or call (216) 241-7678. Prior to 05/14/2014 this company's complaints were handled locally. The following data represents complaints processed by this BBB prior to 05/14/2014.

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

02/21/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Ordered from oreck.com on 12-34-2013 order total after discount was 143.84. They shipped product but charged me 430.79.
I ordered an oreck magnesium sp power team which after several holiday coupons came to a total of 143.84. I that these coupons should not been allowed to stack but due to an error they would be unable to fulfill my order. As a good will gesture they would offer me 30% off and to call them if I want to accept this offer. I decide that at 30% off I was not interested. On 1-2-14 however I found a delivery on my porch of 2 boxes from oreck. I then logged on to my credit card company to find the charge of 430.79. I believe this sort of behavior is unethical and my infact be against the law. I had no problem with them canceling my order because of their website error. It was there error not mine but they somehow believe they had a right to over charge me. I guess this was also some error. My order number is********** I paid with my chase credit card. I have copy's of my order confirmation email as well as screen shots of my order from oreck.com I also have the email in which they told me they were unable to fulfill my order due to the error.

Oreck needs to credit my chase credit card in the amount of 286.95. Which is the dollar amount of the over charge. I can give my supporting documentation to my credit card company and they can charge them back but I would prefer to allow oreck to correct their mistake.

I'm very sorry for this inconvenience Mr. *****. As you mentioned, you were using the coupons to stack discounts. On every discount disclaimer that Oreck has there is a exclusion that discounts are not stackable and only one per order.Our website has a error that allowed you to enter them but once the downloaded into our system the error was kicked out. That is why your total was more. It charged you the correct discount. Its unfortunate your item did ship. We tried to stop all these from shipping and it looks like yours slipped through. At this time Oreck will be happy to extend the 30% off discount on your order until 2/21/14. If your are unhappy with the price you paid and do not want the discount, you can return the item. Please call ************ to set up the arrangements.

05/14/2014Problems with Product / Service